YumiKoga

Jul 19, 2017
For the Eve seduction chain, is there a specific location that it occurs at or will it happen anywhere as long as you meet the requirements?
Curious of this myself.. Been trying to make it trigger for quite some time now.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
For the Eve seduction chain, is there a specific location that it occurs at or will it happen anywhere as long as you meet the requirements?
Right now its limited to a bed time event that only triggers if you do NOT share a bed with either of the girls and meet the conditions I posted above. Eventually I intend to do about half a dozen event chains where the scenes are interchangeable (In other words, first kiss could just as easily be in the bedroom as in the living room on the couch, or in the sauna, or in the pool, etc) and nearly all of the additional scenes will not require such strict conditions (For example, I can't think of any of the other scenes that will be heavily influenced by Anna's relationship with the character. For that matter, its very likely that I'l eventually include at least one set of events where Anna has a hand in helping you along, . . . . )

Hope that helps.

YumiKoga

Jul 19, 2017
Right now its limited to a bed time event that only triggers if you do NOT share a bed with either of the girls and meet the conditions I posted above. Eventually I intend to do about half a dozen event chains where the scenes are interchangeable (In other words, first kiss could just as easily be in the bedroom as in the living room on the couch, or in the sauna, or in the pool, etc) and nearly all of the additional scenes will not require such strict conditions (For example, I can't think of any of the other scenes that will be heavily influenced by Anna's relationship with the character. For that matter, its very likely that I'l eventually include at least one set of events where Anna has a hand in helping you along, . . . . )

Hope that helps.
Appreciate the help. :) Though, Seems like it didnt really work for me atleast. Not too sure where I am going wrong with it.. Tried to restart the game to see the scene by adjusting the stats through the cheats to keep the stats as close to the conditions as possible.. But, I appreciate how quick the response were. :)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Appreciate the help. :) Though, Seems like it didnt really work for me atleast. Not too sure where I am going wrong with it.. Tried to restart the game to see the scene by adjusting the stats through the cheats to keep the stats as close to the conditions as possible.. But, I appreciate how quick the response were. :)
You just lucked out, I had just gotten home from a day with family and I got the notice someone had posted over here while replying to some other messages. :D

A10 should become available this next weekend for supporters, I added a display for the girls to show their stats come that build, so that should make finding some of these more specific scenes MUCH easier to run down. If you meet all of the conditions, you should have about a 10% chance of the scene appearing.

At the start of the game, relationship stats are around 500 for all three relationship categories, and most interactive scenes have the potential to affect relationship stats by 1-5 points (Usually no more than 3). If you're playing anything but the CHEAT Build, its going to be a pretty significant grind to get those stats, but not impossible. As the game grows, it should become easier to find some of this more specific content (I noticed about a build ago that I have a habit of writing fairly specific scenes, so I'm now trying to focus my attention on scenes that are going to be easier to find so grinding for the specifics won't be so grueling of a task.)

All of that said, I'll poke around the code in the next few days to double check that there's no typo in the code or something like that. Should only take a few minutes of my time, if it all looks good, great. If not, I'll get it fixed. ;)

Eve's Seduction Scene Chain (Just for quick reference so you don't have to dig):
-Anna Affection 0-250
-Anna Fear +800
-Eve Affection +800
-Eve Fear 0-100
-Eve Trust +800
-Hours between 20-23

Reactions: Paranoid_android

TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
As the game grows, it should become easier to find some of this more specific content (I noticed about a build ago that I have a habit of writing fairly specific scenes, so I'm now trying to focus my attention on scenes that are going to be easier to find so grinding for the specifics won't be so grueling of a task.)
This would be good. I've tried this game a few times and frankly couldn't tell much of difference between Movement Test, A2 and A7 and figured this was still basically an experimental test. Is it fair to assume this will take a while before it takes shape?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm aiming for either four new interactive scenes or two new interactive scenes and a new in-game mechanic (Like the ability to sleep, showering, meal times, etc) with each new build. This next build should bring us up to 29 interactive scenes in the game, of which maybe a quarter of them should be reachable at any given time depending on relationship values. Its my hope that things start feeling a bit more playable over the next few builds. A11 focuses on Anna exclusively. A12 will do the same for Eve. A13 I want to do some new joint scenes. For all three of those builds I want to keep the focus primarily on scenes that are available from the start of the game then when the game starts feeling like it has more going on, then I'll start fleshing things out from there while making my way toward the more extreme content.

If you don't think there is enough content in each build, then I'd suggest waiting for A13, I'm hoping that people will feel like a lot more is going on by that point since there will be quite a bit of content available at the start as well as some of the other content will start becoming easier to reach as well.

The ultimate goal will be to have maybe 10 scenes available in each location (On average) related to each girl at every relationship level. With just me doing the writing, it just takes time.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there any way to figure out roughly where their stats are at in the free build. I did notice the slight change in the "Are you alright?" random interaction, but it was so small a change that I may not notice one like that every time. I'm just curious to see if there are any changes that will give me enough warning to book it to one of the event rooms if it happens to be close to the end of the trigger window.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Argh. I cant work with this game. I asked to be called master and they still use the name despite everything. And how do I get outside?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@alex2011
Not just yet. That's one of the reasons I added the stat display to A10. A11 should be out around the end of the week, and A10 will become the new public build. That should help.

@fulcrum
Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the game, but I guess we can't please everyone.

Where are you receiving the wrong name, that shouldn't be happening and if you can tell me WHERE its happening then I can fix it.

I've mentioned previously, both here and in other places that the current focus is on the house and the content within. Once the mansion related content starts feeling more fleshed out, then I'll begin to add the grounds around it. I am grouping areas of the game by region (Mansion, Mansion Grounds, Town, etc) and want to focus on one at a time. Right now the focus is on the mansion itself. Once I feel that the mansion is more playable, then the mansion grounds will be added next. Once the grounds have a decent amount of content, then I'll move on to the town.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Right at the beginning I tell them to "call me master", then I get another name prompt and repeat the master request, but the set value instead is the text in the input

what I've read so far is very interesting, however it is too open imo. just talking to them when I find them and walking around. I don't know how to get to the younger sister, but after the first day everything seems... well... loose?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
@alex2011
Not just yet. That's one of the reasons I added the stat display to A10. A11 should be out around the end of the week, and A10 will become the new public build. That should help.

@fulcrum
Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the game, but I guess we can't please everyone.

Where are you receiving the wrong name, that shouldn't be happening and if you can tell me WHERE its happening then I can fix it.

I've mentioned previously, both here and in other places that the current focus is on the house and the content within. Once the mansion related content starts feeling more fleshed out, then I'll begin to add the grounds around it. I am grouping areas of the game by region (Mansion, Mansion Grounds, Town, etc) and want to focus on one at a time. Right now the focus is on the mansion itself. Once I feel that the mansion is more playable, then the mansion grounds will be added next. Once the grounds have a decent amount of content, then I'll move on to the town.
Good to hear, I'll be looking forward to it. With the wording change, I'm obviously making progress, but I'm just not sure how far I've gone from where they start. Hopefully, a save from A9 will be compatible with A10 so I don't have to restart, I have had that happen in other games.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
There are two separate prompts, one for each girl. I'll dig through the intro to see if there's any old code that might be hanging something up. If I find something, I'll fix it.

The plan has always been to present an open setting that gives the player a full range of control over how things play out. Right now things feel a bit empty, or "loose" as you put it, because there's currently only about 30 interactive scenes in the setting spread among close to 40 rooms, and in many cases only a couple of those are available in a room at any given relationship level. The hope is that as more scenes are added to the game, it will take on a more "lived in" feel.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Good to hear, I'll be looking forward to it. With the wording change, I'm obviously making progress, but I'm just not sure how far I've gone from where they start. Hopefully, a save from A9 will be compatible with A10 so I don't have to restart, I have had that happen in other games.
A lot of the changes are subtle in the game, fear of you being replaced with unease. Unease with a more casual acceptance. That more casual acceptance of their circumstances becoming a fondness or even adoration. Or all of that in reverse if you want to head down that path instead.

I'm pretty sure that so long as nothing mechanical is changed on my end, then your saves should be good. If not, say something to me and I'll start looking into what (If anything) can be done to make compatibility more likely in the future.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This is going to be more of a rant than a critique since I don't have much knowledge on the subject of abuse. That being said, here goes:
I don't get why in a lot of stories involving rape and physical abuse, people with little or no personal relations try to hug/touch the person who's expecting to be abused. In this case where Anna is pretty much flinching at everything, I feel like the more natural thing to do is to set some personal space and let her slowly regain some sense of control. Like if you ever tried to feed a wary animal, you know that they just get more guarded and paranoid when you try to move closer towards them. Sometimes you have to lay the food down and back away before they will accept it. It's great and dandy you can say "I only want to have sex if you want it too," but you shouldn't go touching her hair and making intimate physical contact right after. You're not even friends. You met her the same day and barely spoke. Like wouldn't the more natural thing to do be to get Eve to sleep with her than to lay down next to her wrapping your arms around her waist? It feels like the MC is taking advantage of her even in the kindest case scenario. If this is intentional, that's great, makes for a really good 'I'm manipulating her feelings' story potential (and I'd applaud you, you clever son of a bitch). If it's not, that's kinda troubling.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I've gotten the interactive sauna with Anna, still working on the rest, including anything involving Eve. I'm curious as to whether the game just doesn't like me or if I somehow don't have the stats to start the seduction chain. Anna is currently at:
Relationship Information:
Affection: 824
Fear: -230

and I can't do anything with Eve nor have I been able to trigger any of her stat locked content (ex: seduction chain)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This is going to be more of a rant than a critique since I don't have much knowledge on the subject of abuse. That being said, here goes:
I don't get why in a lot of stories involving rape and physical abuse, people with little or no personal relations try to hug/touch the person who's expecting to be abused. In this case where Anna is pretty much flinching at everything, I feel like the more natural thing to do is to set some personal space and let her slowly regain some sense of control. Like if you ever tried to feed a wary animal, you know that they just get more guarded and paranoid when you try to move closer towards them. Sometimes you have to lay the food down and back away before they will accept it. It's great and dandy you can say "I only want to have sex if you want it too," but you shouldn't go touching her hair and making intimate physical contact right after. You're not even friends. You met her the same day and barely spoke. Like wouldn't the more natural thing to do be to get Eve to sleep with her than to lay down next to her wrapping your arms around her waist? It feels like the MC is taking advantage of her even in the kindest case scenario. If this is intentional, that's great, makes for a really good 'I'm manipulating her feelings' story potential (and I'd applaud you, you clever son of a bitch). If it's not, that's kinda troubling.
Its human nature. Most people try to comfort others in the same way they have been comforted. Touching someone who has been physically mistreated often does more harm than good, but people do it anyway because they don't know any better.

I try to approach the character's options from a position of innocence. When presented with someone who is hurting, he has the option to try comforting her. In contrast, she comes from a world where showing any sign of resistance can result in terrible things happening to her, or worse, her sister. Even though hugging her frightens her, its still the kindest treatment she's had outside of her sister. She was expecting the same kind of treatment from you as she had received from your Great Uncle, but instead of your kindness comforting her, it leaves her largely confused and off balance. She's a chaotic jumble of hope, fear, and uncertainty.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I've gotten the interactive sauna with Anna, still working on the rest, including anything involving Eve. I'm curious as to whether the game just doesn't like me or if I somehow don't have the stats to start the seduction chain. Anna is currently at:
Relationship Information:
Affection: 824
Fear: -230

and I can't do anything with Eve nor have I been able to trigger any of her stat locked content (ex: seduction chain)
Sauna scene evolves based on character stats. Both relationship and choices have a really big impact on how things can play out.

Those are Anna's stats? That looks more like what Eve's stats are supposed to be.

Stats for scene:
Eve's Seduction Scene Chain:
-Anna Affection less than 250
-Anna Fear over 800
-Eve Affection over 800
-Eve Fear less than 100
-Eve Trust over 800
-Hours between 20-23 (8pm and 11pm)
-You can NOT be sharing a bed with either of them.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sauna scene evolves based on character stats. Both relationship and choices have a really big impact on how things can play out.

Those are Anna's stats? That looks more like what Eve's stats are supposed to be.

Stats for scene:
Eve's Seduction Scene Chain:
-Anna Affection less than 250
-Anna Fear over 800
-Eve Affection over 800
-Eve Fear less than 100
-Eve Trust over 800
-Hours between 20-23 (8pm and 11pm)
-You can NOT be sharing a bed with either of them.
Ok, so that is basically an event where I have to stay neutral toward Anna, I was specifically trying to stay away from the continuing uncle's practices route on this run and I ended up getting Anna to admit that she thinks she's in love with me. No, those are Anna's stats. Here's a screen shot to show exactly what I'm dealing with. Untitled.png

D

Deleted member 408234

I'll wait until this game has enough updates to have an actual objective!

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes