GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I tried playing this, and i really wanted to like it. I like the premises and the intro. but after that, the only point is wander the house and look for eve for points and have repeating sex with the older one?
This is why the game's build has an "A" for "Alpha" (Alpha is a state where the game is functionally playable and content is starting to be added). I'll change that to a "B" for "Beta" when I feel the project reaches a state where the mansion is fleshed out and all content within is easy to reach through natural play.

The game is about relationships in a way, (Both good and bad) and many of the scenes currently in the game cater to various kinds of relationship which makes finding some content hard for the time being.

Right now, there are a total of 29 interactive scenes in the game with more being added with every build. That's in addition to additional sex, conversations, and other content being added to every build.

I'm just starting work on the new build now, with a goal of adding four new interactive scenes along with a little content across the other in-game functions. Additionally one of the people helping with code is working on NPC movement right now which will make the setting a bit more dynamic, and the other coder is working on a program for displaying art in-game (Made a significant commission of art recently that's going to work kind of like the old paper dolls where pieces can be interchanged, this will allow for a wide range of customization for NPCs in the game.) I have a current focus on creating scenes and content focused on the beginning range of relationship values to give early players more to do and to make other content easier to reach.

Sorry I can't offer better news than that. I'm working as fast as I can to add new content to the game. Unfortunately there is only one of me, and there are only so many hours in the day.

If the current content isn't enough to keep your focus, check back in a few builds, the game will be growing and improving with every new build, so you'll hopefully have a lot more content to explore as the game continues to grow.

Reactions: Keioshin
D

Deleted member 51206

This is why the game's build has an "A" for "Alpha" (Alpha is a state where the game is functionally playable and content is starting to be added). I'll change that to a "B" for "Beta" when I feel the project reaches a state where the mansion is fleshed out and all content within is easy to reach through natural play.

The game is about relationships in a way, (Both good and bad) and many of the scenes currently in the game cater to various kinds of relationship which makes finding some content hard for the time being.

Right now, there are a total of 29 interactive scenes in the game with more being added with every build. That's in addition to additional sex, conversations, and other content being added to every build.

I'm just starting work on the new build now, with a goal of adding four new interactive scenes along with a little content across the other in-game functions. Additionally one of the people helping with code is working on NPC movement right now which will make the setting a bit more dynamic, and the other coder is working on a program for displaying art in-game (Made a significant commission of art recently that's going to work kind of like the old paper dolls where pieces can be interchanged, this will allow for a wide range of customization for NPCs in the game.) I have a current focus on creating scenes and content focused on the beginning range of relationship values to give early players more to do and to make other content easier to reach.

Sorry I can't offer better news than that. I'm working as fast as I can to add new content to the game. Unfortunately there is only one of me, and there are only so many hours in the day.

If the current content isn't enough to keep your focus, check back in a few builds, the game will be growing and improving with every new build, so you'll hopefully have a lot more content to explore as the game continues to grow.
I didn't quite mean it like that. What i meant is that, the moment the intro ends and youre plopped in the mansion that there is no guidance on what you can, cant, should and shouldnt do. I dug through the comment before making my own, and i read that theres some good content in there, but there is nothing that actually points towards it. So me, as a new player who just spent an hour clicking through the mansion looking for events only to find 2 different ones about eve cleaning, makes it seem like there is nothing to do. And like i said, i really liked the intro, it was some good qaulity stuff. But maybe put it one more passage between the intro to say like hey this is some of the stuff you should do to start out while you can explore out the rest.

kopareigns

Nov 25, 2017
Looking through the source of A10b, I came across at least one thing that needs fixing. In the passage "Remain silent. Let her continue." if you choose the option to Treat her Tenderly, it increases Anna's "affectoin"

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I didn't quite mean it like that. What i meant is that, the moment the intro ends and youre plopped in the mansion that there is no guidance on what you can, cant, should and shouldnt do. I dug through the comment before making my own, and i read that theres some good content in there, but there is nothing that actually points towards it. So me, as a new player who just spent an hour clicking through the mansion looking for events only to find 2 different ones about eve cleaning, makes it seem like there is nothing to do. And like i said, i really liked the intro, it was some good qaulity stuff. But maybe put it one more passage between the intro to say like hey this is some of the stuff you should do to start out while you can explore out the rest.
This is actually somewhat intended. The game isn't about leading you around by the nose to various scenes in the game, its about interacting with them in a more organic way. Unfortunately there's just not enough content yet to make it feel that active yet. I do however see what you're trying to say, and agree that a few notes might help people better understand what to expect from the game. I'll also make a point of updating the "How to play" link at the end of the intro with a couple of notes that might help players along a little.

I just recently added a link to the wiki to the game (Starts appearing in A11) to point people that direction. While the wiki has perhaps 1/3, 1/2 at most, of the interactive scenes listed so far, it does give a bit of a starting point for finding the conditions needed to trigger certain content within the game in a mostly spoiler free way.

If you're playing A10 (The free version) then you can find the Wiki here:

And on a side note to everyone and anyone reading this: I'm looking for someone who is willing to, and has the time to invest into helping out with the wiki. I do a piss poor job of keeping up with it and if someone was interested in assisting in that area it would be very appreciated. Anyone interested may PM me and we can talk a bit more about it if you're interested.

Reactions: Papa Ernie
D

Deleted member 51206

Yeah i understand about not wanting to hold the players hands. But like you said, theres a relatively low amount of content that can trigger at the start, so just a temporary note until there is more content so you run into random events quite often will help you retain new players early on.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Looking through the source of A10b, I came across at least one thing that needs fixing. In the passage "Remain silent. Let her continue." if you choose the option to Treat her Tenderly, it increases Anna's "affectoin"
Not sure what is broken here? I just took a peek at the code and didn't see anything out of place

This is intentional. She is used to being taken by force nearly every night, of being treated roughly, belittled, and poorly in nearly every way. "Remain Silent. Let her continue" implies that you are going to use her in a similar way as your great uncle did, when you select that it increases her fear because she sees it as a conformation of the type of person she believes you to be. "Treat her tenderly" in contrast leads you into a portion of the scene where you're kind and loving to her, something that she's never experienced before in her life, no matter what her preconceived perceptions of you are she finds herself enjoying the experience in spite of herself which is why that option increases her affection, its something pleasant enough that she will remember the experience fondly even if she might be a little scared of you.

The options have code embedded in them sometimes, like the affection you mentioned just now. That variable isn't adjusted until you actually click on the option so that it applies as the new page is loaded. Think of it as "This is what you gain if you choose this option." if that helps you understand it.

If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, I apologize, its late and I'm tired. And lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time I hadn't understood what someone was saying. ;)

kopareigns

Nov 25, 2017
Not sure what is broken here? I just took a peek at the code and didn't see anything out of place

This is intentional. She is used to being taken by force nearly every night, of being treated roughly, belittled, and poorly in nearly every way. "Remain Silent. Let her continue" implies that you are going to use her in a similar way as your great uncle did, when you select that it increases her fear because she sees it as a conformation of the type of person she believes you to be. "Treat her tenderly" in contrast leads you into a portion of the scene where you're kind and loving to her, something that she's never experienced before in her life, no matter what her preconceived perceptions of you are she finds herself enjoying the experience in spite of herself which is why that option increases her affection, its something pleasant enough that she will remember the experience fondly even if she might be a little scared of you.

The options have code embedded in them sometimes, like the affection you mentioned just now. That variable isn't adjusted until you actually click on the option so that it applies as the new page is loaded. Think of it as "This is what you gain if you choose this option." if that helps you understand it.

If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, I apologize, its late and I'm tired. And lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time I hadn't understood what someone was saying. ;)
Sorry, my fault for not being more clear. The problem is that the variable seems to be misspelled. "affectoin" instead of "affection." Unless I'm severely misunderstanding how variables are handled in your game. That's definitely happened before.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yeah i understand about not wanting to hold the players hands. But like you said, theres a relatively low amount of content that can trigger at the start, so just a temporary note until there is more content so you run into random events quite often will help you retain new players early on.
Since you brought it up, I'll ask your opinion on this then (Anyone else should feel free to chime in as well). Here is what I wrote for the "How to play" area:
"First, there are a few things that should be said about this game, and how you may want to go about playing it.

This game is currently in early development. There's around 30 interactive scenes in the game as of A11, with more being added with every new build. At times the game is going to feel as if there isn't a lot of content to explore on the grounds that many of the scenes in the game are affected by your relationship status with the girl(s) in the scene, some scenes only happen in certain rooms, or if you have certain bed or meal assignments, or even what time of day you are in a room.

Try summoning one or both of the girls to different rooms to see if that unlocks new content, try visiting those rooms at different times of the day (There's a schedule in the sidebar that gives a rough outline of what happens around the house, it should be easy to figure out their work hours and waking hours using that. Both Anna and Eve tend to gravitate toward rooms with more social functions during their free time, rooms like the living room or lounge for example.

Also, there is a link to the WantonVerse wiki on the opening page of this game, its not always up to date, but there should be enough content there to help point you toward much of the content in the game."

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Too much? Too little?

Sorry, my fault for not being more clear. The problem is that the variable seems to be misspelled. "affectoin" instead of "affection." Unless I'm severely misunderstanding how variables are handled in your game. That's definitely happened before.
No problem, if I wasn't half asleep, I'd have noticed the spelling error. Thank you very much for pointing it out, I appreciate it very much. The fix will appear in A12.

D

Deleted member 51206

"Both Anna and Eve tend to gravitate toward rooms with more social functions during their free time, rooms like the living room or lounge for example." put that in the first paragraph, remove the second one, if you want people to explore.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
"Both Anna and Eve tend to gravitate toward rooms with more social functions during their free time, rooms like the living room or lounge for example." put that in the first paragraph, remove the second one, if you want people to explore.
Thank you for the feedback. Much Appreciated. I'll go back over what I had written with that in mind.

D

Deleted member 51206

"Try summoning one or both of the girls to different rooms to see if that unlocks new content" could also be a good thing to put in there, because all i thought was summon them so i can talk about the about some irrelevant stuff.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
"Try summoning one or both of the girls to different rooms to see if that unlocks new content" could also be a good thing to put in there, because all i thought was summon them so i can talk about the about some irrelevant stuff.
Revision:

First, there are a few things that should be said about this game, and how you may want to go about playing it.

Try summoning one or both of the girls to different rooms to see if that unlocks new content, try visiting those rooms at different times of the day (There's a schedule in the sidebar that gives a rough outline of what happens around the house, it should be easy to figure out their work hours and waking hours using that. !!Both Anna and Eve tend to gravitate toward rooms with more social functions during their free time, rooms like the living room or lounge for example.!!

There is no right or wrong way to play the game, there is just as much content to explore if you are a kind and loving master as there is if you are a cruel and heartless one. And one girls' opinion of you (Good or bad) can affect how the other reacts around you at times (There's a cute little event chain where one girl's adoration for you causes her to argue with the other girl who thinks very poorly of you, driving the one that likes you into a potentially romantic relationship with you for example.)

Also, there is a link to the WantonVerse wiki on the opening page of this game, its not always up to date, but there should be enough content there to help point you toward much of the content in the game.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 51206

Perfect. vague enough that people will need to explore to figure it out, but still a few pointers in there that guides people in the right way.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Perfect. vague enough that people will need to explore to figure it out, but still a few pointers in there that guides people in the right way.
Thank you for the opinion, its always nice to have an extra set of eyes on something like this.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Revision:

First, there are a few things that should be said about this game, and how you may want to go about playing it.

Try summoning one or both of the girls to different rooms to see if that unlocks new content, try visiting those rooms at different times of the day (There's a schedule in the sidebar that gives a rough outline of what happens around the house, it should be easy to figure out their work hours and waking hours using that. !!Both Anna and Eve tend to gravitate toward rooms with more social functions during their free time, rooms like the living room or lounge for example.!!

There is no right or wrong way to play the game, there is just as much content to explore if you are a kind and loving master as there is if you are a cruel and heartless one. And one girls' opinion of you (Good or bad) can affect how the other reacts around you at times (There's a cute little event chain where one girl's adoration for you causes her to argue with the other girl who thinks very poorly of you, driving the one that likes you into a potentially romantic relationship with you for example.)

Also, there is a link to the WantonVerse wiki on the opening page of this game, its not always up to date, but there should be enough content there to help point you toward much of the content in the game.

Thoughts?
I'm still having trouble with that "cute little event chain" not triggering. I am starting to think its her position within the mansion, which is permanent during the time frame of said event chain as no events happen in other rooms that would have them move like meals. I've tried both putting her in the master bed and in the hall just outside using summon, but it just won't trigger, I've had every other scene trigger multiple times already on an almost repetitive loop that does occasionally change in order.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Where she is shouldn't affect whether or not she appears for the scene. I really don't understand why the scene wouldn't be appearing. Guess I get to dig around the code again and see if there's something that might be affecting when or if it can play out.

Eve's Seduction Scene Chain:
-Anna Affection 0-250
-Anna Fear +800
-Eve Affection +800
-Eve Fear 0-100
-Eve Trust +800
-Hours between 20-23
-Neither girl can be sharing your bed (They have to be assigned to their own bed).

The code itself:
requires: '$npcs["anna"]["info"]["bed"] is 0 and ($npcs["anna"]["affection"] lte 250 or $npcs["anna"]["fear"] gte 800) and $npcs["eve"]["fear"] lte 100 and $npcs["eve"]["affection"] gte 800 and $npcs["eve"]["trust"] gte 800 and ($hour gte 20 and $hour lte 23)',

NOTE: Looks like I need to set Eve to not be sharing a bed with you. Right now it looks like it wouldn't matter either way. Just changed it on my end to require her to not be bedding with you, that change will appear in the next build of the game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
On my afraid anna save, the save where I ground Anna into sheer terror instead of my original where I ground her into practically admitting she loves me, her stats are fear = 937, affection =-312, trust = 286. Eve's are fear = 0, affection and trust both = 1100. It seems to be outright ignoring the existence of that event, I only ever get the room description or the occasional Anna "Are you ok?" or "Help steady her" event when I move to the hall just outside the master bed. That not in the master bed may have been the culprit, so I look forward to trying again in A12.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
On my afraid anna save, the save where I ground Anna into sheer terror instead of my original where I ground her into practically admitting she loves me, her stats are fear = 937, affection =-312, trust = 286. Eve's are fear = 0, affection and trust both = 1100. It seems to be outright ignoring the existence of that event, I only ever get the room description or the occasional Anna "Are you ok?" or "Help steady her" event when I move to the hall just outside the master bed. That not in the master bed may have been the culprit, so I look forward to trying again in A12.
And you're trying between 8pm and 11pm?

I'll be looking into this in more detail today.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yes, even tried saving just inside the 8pm side of the window and reloading once I hit 11pm.
Fair enough. I've been digging through some code this morning anyway, I'm looking at that scene right now and not seeing what might be hanging it up. That said, I'll send it out to a couple of coders I know in the hopes they see whatever I may be missing.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes