S4b3rz

Jun 3, 2019
Couldn't even tell you how many times I've started over w this game.
I keep telling myself that I'm going to play as an 'evil' person or something but I never do.
I cave in immediately and start treating everyone nice, buying candy and all.... lol

Just a really wimpy conscience.... lol

Cheers

Would like to be able to give a piece of candy to everyone sometimes....
Nothing wrong with being a nice player. I am as well, but if given the option, I would be a complete asshole to my enemies and anyone else who crossed me.

Southrim

Jun 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Random and spontaneous is one thing, but there are so many unknown unknowns, and so few hints about them, how is a player supposed to understand when and where things may happen? Functionally, a vast majority of the game experience is loading (or, for the save scummers, reloading) a location to roll the RNG dice and see something new, not Anna teetering on a stool for the 1749th time, mostly with no idea whether there WILL be something new to see, or any control over whether they will see it.

I'll never forget one of my first gameplay experiences, reading about Jen on the wiki and trying to trigger her appearance, loading that for a solid half hour, and still not rolling the dice right. That was not a fun experience. I come back for the good writing, but I leave because it's too damn hard to find. There has to be a balance, and this game doesn't have it yet. Perhaps a checklist is too much, but the player has to have some sense of when and where they may find progress. I don't have time to wander the tall grass hoping I get a shiny Pokemon anymore.

Last edited:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
As a very very long term player of this I feel the need to reply to you primarily because I both agree and disagree strongly with your post.

I'll never forget one of my first gameplay experiences, reading about Jen on the wiki and trying to trigger her appearance, loading that for a solid half hour, and still not rolling the dice right. That was not a fun experience. I come back for the good writing, but I leave because it's too damn hard to find. There has to be a balance, and this game doesn't have it yet. Perhaps a checklist is too much, but the player has to have some sense of when and where they may find progress. I don't have time to wander the tall grass hoping I get a shiny Pokemon anymore.

Random and spontaneous is one thing, but there are so many unknown unknowns, and so few hints about them, how is a player supposed to understand when and where things may happen? Functionally, a vast majority of the game experience is loading (or, for the save scummers, reloading) a location to roll the RNG dice and see something new, not Anna teetering on a stool for the 1749th time, mostly with no idea whether there WILL be something new to see, or any control over whether they will see it.
First for the disagree part. I hate to be that guy to say you are playing the game wrong. I really do. I hate those people. But you are playing the game wrong.

This game is a sandox/open world game first and foremost. At least it is now. I am not sure if that's the intent or not but right now it's basically an exploration game like Skyrim as opposed to a classic VN.

What this means is that there is very little to no actual driving plot. Instead you have a large and interesting world with lots of different characters and things to discover. And your job as a player is not to come into this world and take control but to just live in it. Go about your daily life in the manor, chat with the girls, go to town etc. And most importantly of all roleplay that. And in the process of doing this you will with a bit of exploration on the side run into different interesting things.

At least that's the theory anyway.

So all those repeat interactions you load and gloss over are the actual meat of the game. They are the walking around and fighting random mob encounters or going to see what's over that hill. If you reload to avoid them you will not only miss out on content (as they actually change subtly as stats change) but also cripple your progression as they are the as designed way to level the girls stats which is necessary in order to unlock further content.

And if you than try to go a step further and open up the wiki in order to hunt the events you'll quickly find your self in a situation where both the RNG and stats are fighting against you turning the game from a fun and casual experience of playing house in an interesting and deep world into a painful grind.

And I can't stress this enough. I tried that a couple times in my foolish youth with far more serious open world games games like Fallout or Skyrim. Games that have far greater production values and quality control and were actually completed products as opposed to an unbalanced work in progress. And the moment you start playing like that is the moment all the fun just goes away.

Now, this all being said you are absolutely right to say that this game has issues. Serious ones at that. Issues that are to be expected from a work in progress of course. But issues newer the less.

As it stands the RNG balancing or rather apparent lack there of is a huge problem in this game. What they need to do is sit down and think about each and every important event, especially if it is missable, and rebalance the odds of it happening if all conditions are met based on just how likely or unlikely those conditions are to be met in the first place.

To give two examples on the opposite extremes.
For something like the Anna ballroom dancing event you can have a pretty steep RNG because odds are reasonably high that the player will be randomly clicking around the house and walking in and out of the ball room on a regular basis. So even if the odds are just 10% odds are you will run into it at least once every couple days if you just play house like you are supposed to. And at that probability it's going to be a fun side interaction with a girl you like that brings a smile to your face. Not to common but also not to rare.

But for something like meeting Jen the situation is the exact opposite. Because the requirements for that event are so improbable the player needs to be in town around midnight and be driving back home during a storm odds are very good that the player is only ever going to actually hit them by accident if that. Even if you are the sort of player that routinely drives into town at night are you really going to do it in stormy weather? Or are you going to roleplay like a sensible person and say go out every couple days, come back with some time left to sleep and stay indoors when the weather is rough because you don't want to get wet and miserable?

Therefore if the player is to run into it the RNG odds have to be very high approaching if not equal to 100% simply to balance out the improbability of being there to roll those dice in the first place. That or the game needs to add more content for the player to make the odds of him actually traveling to and from town at night during a storm a far more regular occurrence to balance out the improbability.

And right now the game really hasn't done that properly. Events with high probability conditions end up chaining them self like a RNG train. And events with very improbable ones are given low RNG values leading to them being unatainable without resorting to fun breaking event grinds based on the wiki.

But this is an issue of game balance rather than design. So it can be fixed. They just need to sit down and do a serious rebalance only update.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is up for those who are interested:

Links:
A66 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with Early Access):

A66 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A65 Public Build: (Free):

vector12

Aug 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A65 Public:

Reactions: GateKeeper

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
I'm trying to recruit Bridgette by buying her from Bruce but she's not available yet. Is there something I must do first ?

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
ehh...anyone know how get money or mb cheat?
If you are playing using the version [vA66 Cheat] available in the OP, click on "Settings" in the game and then "Cheat Menu" and there you have the cheats to choose from.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes