GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Have a new build ready for anyone interested!

\

This game features:
-A sand box environment.
-Dynamic relationship building.
-At present, 4 slaves with many more planned for the future.
-More than 80 interactive scenes.
-Many interactive functions that allow you to interact with your environment in meaningful ways.
-You can assign work schedules, tell them what they are allowed to eat, where they have to sleep, manage as much or as little of their life choices as you want.
-A system that tracks minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and even years.
-More than 100 images.
-A massive estate spanning 50 locations that you can explore.

What we have planned:
-NPCs who interact with one another, building friendships or rivalries over time.
-A fully customizable clothing system.
-Merchants where you can buy new items.
-Buy, sell, and train your slaves as you see fit
-Put your slaves to work cleaning, tending the yard, working in town, or pimp them out for a few extra bucks on the side.
-Pregnancy, sire and raise children.
-A weather system that will allow for the weather, and even the seasons to change naturally.
-And so very much more, . . .

\

I encourage everyone to take a look at the Free version of the game linked below. If you enjoy the Free version, please consider a small pledge. With a small pledge, you gain early access to the latest build as well as other perks while helping ensure I can continue doing this full time! Every little bit helps.

Inheritance is a text based game with art. A portion of all earnings goes toward new art for the game.

\

What's new in the latest Supporter Build?

A20:
-Added The Blowjob and Fingering branches to Eve's Sauna Scene. 1.9k words of content added in total. Contest entry from AbyssalEros. NOTE: I have NOT written additional relationship variants for this yet but hope to do so soon. The content is fairly cruel. You have been warned.
-Added a new bed time scene for Anna. This scene can appear at any relationship level and plays out late at night. Submitted by LFN Park. 1.6k words of content.
-Added a new Laundry Room scene for Anna and Eve. This one appears at mid to high relationship values and is a unique scene. Submitted by Nynx. 2.3k words of content.
-Hide and Seek with Eve. Three Intros written. Which ones play can depend on time of day. These scenes can be found in any of the "hall" locations. .5k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
-Hide and Seek with Eve. Four Rejections written. Which ones play depend on time of day. .4k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
-Hide and Seek with Eve. Eight Core scenes. 1.9k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
-Hide and Seek with Eve. Four Endings written. .8k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
-Wrote an interactive scene for Eve, it actually triggers during the Hide and Seek content that was just added. .7k words of content. Sponsored by Matty.
-Wrote fourteen early scenes for Gaia. There is a new function in the back yard of the estate that allows you to access these early interactions with her for the sake of relationship building. One of them is an interactive scene. 4.2k words of content.
-Added the St Andrew's Cross function to the Dungeon location.
-Added five Start scenes related to the St Andrew's Cross. 1.5k words of content.
-Added three Whipping start scenes related to the St Andrew's Cross. .4k words of content.
-Added eleven Whipping core scenes related to the St Andrew's Cross. 1.6k words of content.
-Wrote the first round of End scenes for the St Andrew's Cross. Twentyfour scenes in total reflecting a range of relationship values and health. 2.4k words of content.
-Added a new interactive scene to the ballroom for Mitsuko. Takes place at high relationship levels in the evening hours. .9k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added two new conversations for Mitsuko through her "Casual Talk" option. .3k words of content between them. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added two new ambient scenes to "Wet Willy's". .2k words of content between them.
-Added "Freakshow" Season 1, Episode 1 to the game. 1.3k words of content. Submitted by Pervy Sage.
-Added "Freakshow" Season 1, Episode 2 to the game. 1.5k words of content. Submitted by Pervy Sage.
-Added "Freakshow" Season 1, Episode 3 to the game. 1.5k words of content. Submitted by Pervy Sage.
-Added "Freakshow" Season 1, Episode 4 to the game. 1.7k words of content. Submitted by Pervy Sage.
-Added one new location to Pendleton. The Drinking donkey. This location includes six ambient scenes. .7k words of content.
-Added a new scene to the Bar in Pendleton that introduces a new NPC. 2.1k words of content. Only plays out late at night. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added a Theater Mode to the CHEAT Menu. This will be used to display short stories and other content related to the game that happens off screen so to speak. This will also act as an incentive for pledges.
-Added "Fight" to Theater Mode. 2.2k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Wounds" to Theater Mode. 2.5k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Recover" to Theater Mode. 1.7k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "One Step" to Theater Mode. 1.7k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Spar" to Theater Mode. 2.3k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Discovery" to Theater Mode. 5.1k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Peril" to Theater Mode. 2.6k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Respite" to Theater Mode. 2.9k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Cleanup" to Theater Mode. 1.4k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Song" to Theater Mode. 2.3k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Eve and the Candy Store" to Theater Mode. 2.2k words of content.
-Added "Interrogation" to Theater Mode. 2.3k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Scarred" to Theater Mode. 1.7k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-Added "Epilogue" to Theater Mode. .5k words of content. Submitted by LFN Park.
-There was a missing link leading to the bed time sex scenes for Eve. Has been plugged in so those two scenes can be reached now.
-Rebuilt the guest rooms. All six rooms have been been rewritten and now have unique descriptions for each room. This amounts to about 4k words of rewritten text and an overall growth of about 200 words across all six locations.
-Added new art to the guest bedrooms, 25 new images across those locations.
-Updated the last B&W image in the intro with the newly completed colored version.
-Added exits to several more scenes that didn't have proper exits as well as made several small improvements to the game's code. Thanks to Nynx.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 9/16/18

\

What's new in the latest Free build?

A19:
-Added a new scene that triggers in the Entry Hall some time after the picnic scene. 6.4k words of content. Generously sponsored by Matty.
-Added a new scene for Anna that can take place at any relationship level. Can appear in most rooms in the mansion. .7k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that takes place at high relationship values late at night at the Greenhouse. 2k words of content. Submitted by Nynx.
-Added a new scene for Mitsuko to the Library. 1k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added a new scene for Mitsuko to the Living Room (Actually triggers through sleeping). .8k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom
-Added a new scene for Mitsuko that appears in nearly every room in the mansion (Exceptions being: Attic, Dungeon, Laboratory, and Sauna). .7k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added seven casual conversations for Mitsuko. .7k words of content between them, Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added six personal conversations for Mitsuko. 1.4k words of content between them. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added the option to select a show to watch from the couch in addition to watching something at random. Right now there is only a single show to be watched.
-Added "Futa Apocalypse" Season 1, Episode 1 to the game. 1.1k words of content.
-Added "Futa Apocalypse" Season 1, Episode 2 to the game. 1.1k words of content.
-Added "Futa Apocalypse" Season 1, Episode 3 to the game. 1k words of content.
-Added Mitsuko to the mansion Schedule you can access in the the sidebar.
-Minor rewrites to the returning home drive scenes. Was describing the arrival in town rather than your arrival home. This has been resolved.
-Added background art to Ballroom. Four images.
-Added background art to Living Room. Four Images.
-Added background art to Sauna. Three images.
-Added background art to Study. Four images.
-Added background art to Bathing Room. Four images.
-Added background art to Guest Rooms. Four images.
-Added background art to Dining Room. Four images.
-Added background art to Library. Four images.
-Fixed an images issue with the entry hall.
-Fixed a couple of minor bugs in the code, nothing game breaking though.
-Added a mountain of exits for scenes that didn't have them before. Thanks to Nynx for helping out so much, they started helping out recently and they've been doing an amazing job.
-Fixed a host of spelling and grammar issues.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 8/31/18

\

Patreon Links:
A20 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A20 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A19 Public Build: (Free):

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
That looks like a rather massive update.
Pity I got no time the coming week.
Still, this is shaping up nicely. Gl to you!

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
That looks like a rather massive update.
Pity I got no time the coming week.
Still, this is shaping up nicely. Gl to you!
Yeah, was a lot of new content, and this doesn't even include the 30k lines of code written for the paper doll system we're working on in the background. :D

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
@GateKeeper Any idea how far in the future pregnancy content might make it in? Just like Mythic Manor I've been holding out on trying this out until that's at least started to be added

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
It's hard to say for sure. We coded the art for it just this last week, so that leaves two things we need to do: We need to put the code in place to track fertility and pregnancy progression (As a matter of fact I just sent one of our coders a message about this in the hopes of spurring some activity on that front.) and I need to write the content that goes in it. Once the first of those two things is done, the second becomes my priority with the goal of writing the initial content for each trimester each build that follows.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Ah, awesome! It's at least "on the horizon," then - great to hear :D

(More than I can say for MM sadly, I still have yet to see even the vaguest guess)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Ah, awesome! It's at least "on the horizon," then - great to hear :D

(More than I can say for MM sadly, I still have yet to see even the vaguest guess)
I try not to give dates for things like that just because nothing ever seems to go to plan, but at least I can present a list of what has to happen before it can happen. :p I don't know what all needs to go into the coding side of things, but I'll be sure to mention over on Patreon when progress is being made with pregnancy.

I'm really looking forward to starting to write the pregnancy content. It's going to be a lot of fun showing their reactions to it based upon their feelings for you.

Scorpio1111

Jul 20, 2018
@GateKeeper Great update man keep up the good work it seems like you are on a roll. Bye the way do the girls move freely now or is it still mostly the call system?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@GateKeeper Great update man keep up the good work it seems like you are on a roll. Bye the way do the girls move freely now or is it still mostly the call system?
Do the girls move freely yet? No. However I just unlocked all of the scenes the last time I worked on it, so until they start moving on their own, they'll appear for scenes anywhere the scenes can play out even if they're not already there (Seriously, I was playing a little bit of it the other night, the house is SO active. Testers are loving it.) however you still need to summon them to the locations for functions like playing billiards (Which we also got working correctly this last week), conversations, and other things the girls need to be present for. The new build will be coming out this next Friday.

On a side note, we've got a volunteer who wants to start writing another slave for the game, so if that works out that's going to be pretty exciting!

Scorpio1111

Jul 20, 2018
Do the girls move freely yet? No. However I just unlocked all of the scenes the last time I worked on it, so until they start moving on their own, they'll appear for scenes anywhere the scenes can play out even if they're not already there (Seriously, I was playing a little bit of it the other night, the house is SO active. Testers are loving it.) however you still need to summon them to the locations for functions like playing billiards (Which we also got working correctly this last week), conversations, and other things the girls need to be present for. The new build will be coming out this next Friday.

On a side note, we've got a volunteer who wants to start writing another slave for the game, so if that works out that's going to be pretty exciting!
cool on a side note if things go right tomorrow i am going to become a $5 patreon.

Scorpio1111

Jul 20, 2018
@GateKeeper sorry if fell through my mom make my bank account go over and we don't have the money to put it back to the positive until Friday however as soon as it happens i am going to be a patron i love inheritance.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@GateKeeper sorry if fell through my mom make my bank account go over and we don't have the money to put it back to the positive until Friday however as soon as it happens i am going to be a patron i love inheritance.
Life happens. No need to apologize. Don't overextend your finances on my account.

Scorpio1111

Jul 20, 2018
I appreciate your concern it will be fine I just canceled a $10 subscription to an app on my phone last month so its within my finances the app got old and hadn't updated in 1 year so I got rid of it but don't see inheritance stopping anytime soon and i love it.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I appreciate your concern it will be fine I just canceled a $10 subscription to an app on my phone last month so its within my finances the app got old and hadn't updated in 1 year so I got rid of it but don't see inheritance stopping anytime soon and i love it.
I appreciate the support very much. But I also know what it's like to squeak by on a shoestring budget. I have an amazing amount of support already, so while every little bit helps, the free version of the game is for people who are unable or uninterested in supporting the project.

Having a lot of fun working on this already today. Been writing "Advertisements" for a craigslist style site I'm working into the game along with the baseline computer. Most of the entries will just be for show (Like the ones below) but some of them will open up other content, ranging from coupons to be used at stores, announcements for public events, personal ads for hook ups, or a wide range of other things.

Couple of teasers for you guys:

:: Banging Burger Ad 1
Looking for a piece of meat you can barely get your lips around? Like the feel of your lips stretched right around a bug round piece of meat? Like to get a //big bang// for your buck? Banging Burgers, we've got the biggest burgers in town!

:: Sharky Ad 1
Date night? Amaze her with what you can do with two fingers and a thumb. Sharky's Billards and Bowling, open 11am to 1am, seven days a week. Save a dollar at the lanes if you bring your own balls.

:: Wet Willy Ad 1
Ladies! Want to make $500 a night? Plus tips? Some of our girls make upwards of $10k a WEEK! Looking for girls to work all shifts! Part time! Full time! And especially weekends! Walk in interviews are welcome, so stop in and ask for Dick!

:: Business Ad 1
Please understand, to buy an anti-depression pill you need a proper prescription! Simply showing a marriage certificate and your wife's picture is not enough.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Those are certainly comedy gold :D
I'm usually not that good with "funny" but these are easy and a lot of fun to write. :D

And on that note, anyone wants to write things like this, I'll gladly credit you and add them to the game.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes