Nuffy

May 5, 2018
Thank you for elaborating! It sounds like the array is the big problem. Which, I assume is necessary to allow for multiple possible outcomes. So, if there's only one possible outcome, you don't need an array, right?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Thank you for elaborating! It sounds like the array is the big problem. Which, I assume is necessary to allow for multiple possible outcomes. So, if there's only one possible outcome, you don't need an array, right?
This is correct. I particularly like the arrays though since they create a random element to the game. It makes content feel more natural.

As an example: I just finished up the initial bit of Hide and Seek content for Eve a few minutes ago. There are three different intros, so when you trigger that content you'll see one of three different scenes play out. From there, if you choose to play with her, there are seven different scenes that can play out. Then when you finish playing, one of four scenes will play out to bring it to a close. (This is one of the most fun bits of content I've written for the game. I enjoyed it tremendously.) So the scene is broken up into three parts (There's also a rejection branch with four different scenes for if you choose not to play, but we'll ignore that for the moment.), when you trigger the scene, it will look at the first grouping and since a couple of those are affected by the time of day, it will choose one that is available at that time range. When you choose to play Hide and Seek with Eve, the game looks at the second grouping, about half of which are affected by the time of day, and chooses one at random from the ones available at that time of day. Then you will be able to either play again, thus triggering a potentially different scene from the list, or choose to quit. The ending pieces have two for one time range, and two for another time range. (Basically "You need to get back to your chores" or "It's getting too late to play" versions.)

Because of how this is set up, every time you play, it's likely that you'll see something a bit different. With the current sampling, there's close to 80 possible combinations, and since I intend to add more variants to all three of those groupings, I'm hoping that it makes for a good range of content that people will enjoy playing repeatedly.

Also, with the array set up, it's very easy to add additional scenes to it. I could write a dozen scenes for it right now, and it would only take a few short minutes to get it all plugged into the function.

Nuffy

May 5, 2018
I understand. I do the same things when coding. I'm just being selfish. "If you compromise your artistic integrity, I'll get more content!" Sorry about that.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
No worries. I rather enjoy conversations like this. What I see is someone who enjoys the game who is bouncing around ideas and sharing thoughts. It's the people who get confrontational about it and start demanding "Change this or I'll stop playing!" that bother me. The first kind of person I welcome, the second kind I do my best to ignore.

How I look at it is that I don't have a monopoly on good ideas. As such, I'd be a fool not to listen to people who want to share theirs. If someone offers an idea that I like AND I feel it's right for the setting, then I adopt that idea. If it's NOT right for whatever I'm working on or I don't like the idea for any reason, then I say as much and give my reasoning. It's all good. :D

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
This is pretty interesting game. I think it could be remade in different engine (RPGM or Ren'Py) to gain more popularity .

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This is pretty interesting game. I think it could be remade in different engine (RPGM or Ren'Py) to gain more popularity .
This is the system I know, and what I'm comfortable with. After spending the last year working on it in this system, I'd be very hesitant to to move it to a different system.

Thration

Jun 5, 2017
Is anyone have the information on when they might be a update coming? I really enjoy this game, so thank you to developer.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Is anyone have the information on when they might be a update coming? I really enjoy this game, so thank you to developer.
I alternate builds between my two projects. Every two weeks. The last Inheritance build was on the 31st of last month. I'll be releasing a build of my other project, The Allure of Wanton Cove this Friday. The next build of Inheritance should be up on the 28th of this month.

Short version: Barring any major complications, there's a new build every four weeks.

PS: Going to be putting out a new TEST build in just a little bit for supporters at that level if you absolutely HAVE to get your fix. ;)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
"i pitty anyone trying to climb over this wall" - spikes? Really? Spikes are piece of cake. a rope, a piece of wood or whatever and you're over that crap. What you need to look out for are tripple layer nato razor wire spools. they slice straight to the bone just by holding them.

Also, there are still logical inconsistencies, i took the envelope from anna and she still thrust out the letter to me after i read it when i barked at her.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Thank you for reporting the inconsistency.

Any chance you can let me know what the sequence of choices were to double trigger the letter? That scene branches several ways, so the link names would be helpful in resolving the matter.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the sequence was enter hall -> look around -> take & read the letter -> demand to know who she is.

I don't know if thats because this is the cheat build, but on the 2nd day I summoned eve to the master bedroom and fucked her.
No mention of virginity or reluctance, and Anna was in the room cleaning, ignoring everything.

Nightmare with acid (flesh eating liquid?) -> "You cry out out in revolution and distress." -> shouldnt that be revulsion?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The virginity checks still need to be worked into the game along with reactions from other characters.

Will go hunt down the spelling error in a moment here.

PS: While you can nail Eve right from the start now, there is actually quite a bit of content related to her virginity already that once she looses her cherry won't be able to play out anymore. A lot of people want to be able to corrupt her slowly. ;)

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I didn't find any report on this so far, but, how do you get the "positive relationship" spanking with Anna?
I've found that I needed to invert the spanking scenes order, as the only one with requirements (the new one) was at the very bottom and they all have 100% chance to happen.
Just in case I seriously misunderstood something I tried 20 times and only ever got the first one.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I didn't find any report on this so far, but, how do you get the "positive relationship" spanking with Anna?
I've found that I needed to invert the spanking scenes order, as the only one with requirements (the new one) was at the very bottom and they all have 100% chance to happen.
Just in case I seriously misunderstood something I tried 20 times and only ever got the first one.
It shouldn't be working that way, but I'll run it past our coders and see what I can learn. What the game SHOULD be doing is creating a pool of scenes, the change of a scene entering that pool of scenes is determined by the scene's "chance" then once that pool of scenes is created, the game will pull one of those scenes at random. This allows us to maintain a ratio between different kinds of scenes without actually having to adjust ratios every time a new scene is added to a function.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
random scenes bear the chance of actually never firing and repeating the same scene ad absurdum. see cohabitation and people not getting to knock up one or both women in several hours of gameplay while others disable the function because they get pregnant. every. damn. time. they. have. sex.

you should have variations of the scenes, but not making everything random; a fixed decision based on stats with a very small chance, say one in ten, to fire a previous level with changed text.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
random scenes bear the chance of actually never firing and repeating the same scene ad absurdum. see cohabitation and people not getting to knock up one or both women in several hours of gameplay while others disable the function because they get pregnant. every. damn. time. they. have. sex.

you should have variations of the scenes, but not making everything random; a fixed decision based on stats with a very small chance, say one in ten, to fire a previous level with changed text.
A large portion of what we currently have in place is random like I described before. We also have two other types of scenes that we've been working to add: 1. Forced scenes that will trigger automatically under certain conditions. Most of the time this will be story driven scenes. and 2. Selectable scenes where if you choose to play them you'll get a certain scene, or a certain sequence of scenes.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
That is certainly fine if the variations have no consequences.
Maybe I was just unlucky in my first test, and then lucky after I moved some things around. But, you have to admit, around 20 in a row out of a choice of 3 makes you assume something is awry. ;)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
That is certainly fine if the variations have no consequences.
Maybe I was just unlucky in my first test, and then lucky after I moved some things around. But, you have to admit, around 20 in a row out of a choice of 3 makes you assume something is awry. ;)
Which is why I plan to look into it. ;)

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Just an FYI, but the MEGA link is broken. Something about the account having violated the terms too often.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The links on Patreon are good. There is a free version that's only one build behind the pay version.

Free build link:

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes