TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
You could look at the wiki and just go through all the events, and then work towards the ones you want to experience.
That's a solution but it also completely spoils what the events are. Personally if I had to get "help" I'd like something more in the middle ground. Give you hints on what you need and where.

SpaceCowboy84

Feb 17, 2018
So for anything noteworthy to happen, you have to know what specific room to be in, which girl needs to be in there with you and what specific time you both need to be in said room?

Ugh. That is super tedious. I'll pass.

Reactions: Frank01

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So for anything noteworthy to happen, you have to know what specific room to be in, which girl needs to be in there with you and what specific time you both need to be in said room?

Wiki link on the main page of the game. Every location is listed in the wiki along with a list of all the interactive events present in that location.

That said, sorry to hear you aren't interested, enjoy whatever else you decide to play.

Reactions: TomberryDude

hamof

Oct 9, 2017

If you really want to, you can download Twine and open the game up in it. This will let you read all the events without actually having to play the game.

DarthLAX

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly not much of a "game" yet, I like the writing (I like Anna, adore Eve and even like the girl you can pick up in town (because she hasn't given up yet, she argues back when you overhear her and her owner, the guy who gives her to you because he doesn't want to lose a potential (wealthy!) customer!)) but over all it is still pretty boring (the management of the mansion - stables, greenhouse, kennels etc. - has not been included yet) and repetitive :(

Still, I'll be watching this :)

something879

Nov 2, 2017
If this is cheatbuild how can i use cheats?
I'm the one who submitted the v18 files, its not the cheat build (the person who updated thread name made a small mistake), if you want a cheat build (to maybe create saves for later builds ;)) here it is (note it is v17)

Fragmentation

Oct 16, 2016
You could look at the wiki and just go through all the events, and then work towards the ones you want to experience.
I have, but it'd be more convenient in future builds if there were a system in place that kept you from wasting huge amounts of time looking for events or having to look stuff up constantly.

Reactions: Tenenbaum

zero42

Jun 28, 2017
The wiki takes out all the potential joy of discovery in the game and turns it into a checklist, but the game is too much of a go-everywhere-all-the-time drudgefest without it right now. I wish there were more in-game cues to recommend where to go.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The wiki takes out all the potential joy of discovery in the game and turns it into a checklist, but the game is too much of a go-everywhere-all-the-time drudgefest without it right now. I wish there were more in-game cues to recommend where to go.
Eventually there will be enough content to make play feel more natural, and being a sandbox style setting means it's entirely up to you where you go and when.

Tenenbaum

May 20, 2018
Like the game, although I agree that some indication of where and maybe what type of events can occur should be in-game, the writing is pretty good so I'm okay with waiting for more content to flesh out the experience.

Found a possible mistake in the vA18 build though. The entry hall daytime picture wasn't showing up while playing in firefox. The file name was "entryhallday" as one word and changing it to "entryhall_day" with the underscore fixed the missing image.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
There's a schedule you can access through your sidebar that mentions both where the girls are and what is likely to be going on at any given time.

For example, if a girl is assigned to working in the house, and it's during working ours, you're likely to find them doing their daily chores wherever they are in the house. If they're assigned to fixing meals, then you're likely to find them in the kitchen or dining room during meal prep times and meal times. Times outside of work time is likely going to find them doing more casual things like watching TV, bathing, or spending time in the servant's area.

Thank you for the bug report. Will go looking for the naming discrepancy right now.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Been enjoying the game since v12 or so... on this build it seems playing pool with the girls is broken. I've played through about 20 games, and whoever breaks wins without the other player getting any turns. Previous versions had a natural random feel, with the skill level of the player making it a little more likely to sink a ball.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Been enjoying the game since v12 or so... on this build it seems playing pool with the girls is broken. I've played through about 20 games, and whoever breaks wins without the other player getting any turns. Previous versions had a natural random feel, with the skill level of the player making it a little more likely to sink a ball.
Thank you. This one was reported the other day and it seems I bungled a bit of the code when I was adding new content to it. It's been fixed on my end and the fix will be in place for the next build.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Ah, didn't read that far back in the comments.

Do you have any plans to make the girls move around more? It seems like they move about 3 times per day, but the random events have them all over the place. I haven't looked through your code so I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but it would be much more immersive if each girl had an activity schedule (generated each day, based on fixed events like food prep or sleeping, or for cleaning jobs maybe the last time a room was cleaned) in which they spent a certain amount of time (15 to 30 minutes) in each room, and had to progress from room to room the same way the player does. Then, certain events would only happen if the player and the girl were in the same room together, and the kind of event could be influenced by whether the player was there first or if he entered the room occupied by one or more girls. Not sure if you've played it, but the game Glassix has a system like this, and it works pretty well. Considering the types of events and scenes already in Inheritance, it could work pretty naturally as is.

I'm suggesting this because the current system leads to a very repetitive and non-nonsensical experience for the player; for example, in the first morning I was exploring the mansion, I caught Anna falling from the ladder 5 times in a row, then asked if she was OK 4 times in a row. In playing the game previously, other events would be mixed in occasionally, but these two (ladder and asking if OK) are by far the most common. I understand they have happen a lot to grind the stats, which is another immersion breaker... such a grind! I'd be much happier seeing a different scene (never the same as the one previous) each time I interacted the girl(s). Even better if I could follow a bunch of quest-lines (even repeatable ones) where different actions and stat boosts would trigger based on my dialog choices and things I'd discovered around the mansion. Maybe you could introduce a new "goals" section, where the player chooses something to work towards (like dominating Anna, or earning her trust, or learning how to cook, etc.) and then getting little feedback notes as you interact (like, "Anna fears you a little more", or "Eve's affection grows") and the stats change; then, when the goal is reached, a hint is given (like "bring Anna to the dungeon after supper" or "Eve shyly asks if you'd like to go swimming with her this afternoon") and special scene is triggered at that time and place. I know you have a few quests in place, but they don't really flow smoothly in my experience. Guess I'm just not a fan of a disconnected, randomly advancing story line. I'm happy to work for it, as long as there's some kind of feedback or clues as to my progress and how to move forward.

This is your game and your vision, so go wild... just thought I'd share what I hope is constructive feedback.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Ah, didn't read that far back in the comments.
This was actually mentioned not too long back.

Yes, there are plans to make the girls move around naturally. I don't currently have a timeline for when it will be added, but our coders assure me that they're working on it.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes