Firescrat

Jan 5, 2018
You're playing A17 instead of A17a aren't you? I wasn't able to duplicate the error in A17a. The bug fix that came out just a couple of hours after the initial release addresses that and a couple of other small issues.
playing A17Cheat build from the front page

with Chrome and firefox

something879

Nov 2, 2017
@TheMadRobot365 There is an event in the library where all the books are scattered about, and if i remember correctly the MC says it looks as if a ghost had gone through and thrown all the books around

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I keep on searching the mansion from top to bottom, again and again. I am looking for hidden doors, secret rooms, hidden passages to secret underground caves, book with weird symbols, summoning circles, shrines, statues and pictures of beings from other dimensions or at least, some place that looks like a place where some weird ritual with human sacrifaces was performed to summon some mysterious forces from other world. Or some other proof of presence of supernatural entity in the mansion. But so far I have found nothing. Not even one single ghost. I am starting to think that I am looking for something that isn´t there, something that doesn´t exist.

On the other hand, the lab is still locked.

But I still have this feeling that something else is in the mansion besides MC, Anna and Eve. Something that is hiding in shadows and watching MC and the girls. And I am not sure if that something else is a human and from this world. I don´t believe in supernatural. But, for some reasons, something tells me that there is something weird is going on inside the mansion. Maybe it would be good if the MC and the girls would ran somewhere far away from that place and never come back.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why do I keep writing so much nonsense?
I've heard variations of this conspiracy theory in the past. There are several mysteries that will unravel in time. ;)

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Alright, news about the meal stuff!

What's happening here is that we rebuilt the meal function in this last build (A is for Alpha after all, and this was A17. We'll move to "Beta" builds when all of the major functions are working. ;) ), how what is going on here according to one of our coders is that many of you are using old saves which in turn uses the old code, which is breaking the meal function because the game is looking for old code that is no longer in the game when a meal triggers.

To fix the problem, simply start a fresh save.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that. I know a lot of people dislike having to start fresh saves, but it's an unfortunate byproduct of these early builds.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Ohmic

Nov 11, 2017
I don't mean to backseat developer and I've never worked with SugarCube or Twine but is it possible to add a default behavior to the [person]'s Assignments menu? So in the event of a status you don't expect, display some generic result and initialize the values reflect it.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Default behavior? Not sure I am following?

If you're talking about the meal assignments, sleeping assignments, etc, then I'm actually talking with one of our coders about creating some kind of catch all to establish a default value in cases like this. Not sure if it will work or not, but I'll know more when he's had a chance to dig around and figure out what all would be involved in such a change.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Fix build. This includes fixes for the meal time content, some minor bugs in a couple of Eve's new scenes, and a few other things I'm not remembering. The most significant item was the meal time bug.

Here's what you will want to do:

This is the full download of the game including the fix file. There was a broken variable in the game that was messing a couple of things up inside of the game. Additionally there was a secondary problem going on that was affecting some of you, you were using old saves. See, the "Save" file saves a lot of the settings from in the game, things like the sleep setting, the meal settings, and about a hundred other things. Now, with the complete rebuild of the meal time system, the game was trying to track a bit of code that no longer existed, and since the game wasn't being started from scratch it wasn't loading the new information. THIS is what was causing most of the problem in this case. You'll be wanting to start a fresh save if you want to put an end to the problem, otherwise it's likely to persist.
I don't know if it's going to be possible to prevent something like this from happening again, there's a risk of this kind of thing any time we do a major bit of work on the code even though I try to prevent this kind of thing from happening when I can. But then that is the nature of Alpha builds (Thus indicated by a "A" in the build number.) All of that said, I'm talking with one of our coders about the possibility of putting together something that will catch and fix this kind of thing in the future. Not sure if it's feasible, we'll try to get it sorted

This will be the last update before the next major build of the game. I'm already hard at work on the next build, I just need to get this version out so I can start adding the new content to the game!

A17b Patreon Cheat Build:

A17b Patreon Build:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Right now there is a shortcut built directly into the first scene. Eventually it will be set up so they trigger on their own (Got one of our coders working on that.)

JoJman

Feb 26, 2018
Welp I got a glitch at the lunch scene, when I went to have lunch with both girls in the dining room, I encountered a glitch stating that
"'No event was available'
You should not be seeing this, so please inform the developers. Include as much information as you can about what you were doing when you received this message."

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Welp I got a glitch at the lunch scene, when I went to have lunch with both girls in the dining room, I encountered a glitch stating that
"'No event was available'
You should not be seeing this, so please inform the developers. Include as much information as you can about what you were doing when you received this message."
Look at the post three posts above yours. The meal time content was completely rebuilt for this version of the game, so you'll need a fresh save since your old save is trying to feed the game information that is no longer used. I've been talking with my coders about this issue since last night and they are saying there may be a work around for the issue in the future, so that's on our to-do list but we've got a couple of other things to finish up first.

Stigs

May 24, 2018
Question: Will we be able to make the girls sleep in our room starting the first night? Not do anything to them but just have them sleep in our bed, like sleep arrangements. Maybe as a way to get them to trust you more, seeing as how they'd need to trust you not to take advantage of them. It would probably be better if this was closer to the beginning of the game because it's not that interesting to sleep with people you have already fucked. But say for example the nights you make them sleep in your bed there is a storm and maybe Eve is scared of thunder so she latches onto you in her half dressed state (assuming they sleep with underwear on). It would also be neat to see if we had the option to either comfort or push Eve away if you did make a situation like that. Not only would it be erotic but also most likely heart warming if you choose to comfort Eve. But once again it should probably happen near the beginning of the game, seeing as how later if they hugged you in the middle of the night the player (irl) would probably think something like (I just had my dick up your ass, you hugging me is nothing gett tha fuc off me bicth.)

Stigs

May 24, 2018
Hm...I am conflicted (I know it's only a very very very early version of this game, still....)...the writer is good at making me question what the best path is (especially since there's no outcome yet, because that choice ends this version of the game!)...I mean of the two choices here (I will never be a total abusive asshole, not even in a game so for me there's only two choices here, not 3 (abusing her is out of the question!)...no, I can't even roleplay that! I can roleplay a greedy person, a person driven by revenge, hell even someone who's a racist should I really need to etc. etc. but not someone who's just an evil asshole!):

- stop Anna from having sex with you (either by saying you aren't even remotely intersted in her, which would in my case be a lie, not to mention totally uncalled for! Or by saying that if there's going to be sex then it will be consensual (which more or less means she has to initiate it without thinking that she has to, but because she wants it!))

- have sex with her but make it special for her (the absolute opposite to the uncle who basically used her as a living sex-doll!)

The first choice seems to be the better one at face value, but on the other hand: She's enjoying herself in choice two (she clamps down on the protagonist's head when he's eating her out because she has an orgasm and she seems to like kissing, too) and it seems to establish a better connection between the protagonist and her (not to mention that giving someone who's had very few good things happen to them a very good one seems like something you really should do)

I really don't know which is the morally superior choice...:(

ps: I love it when games challange me like that, sadly most AAA-Developers have stopped making games that really challenge you like this :(
I don't think triple A game producing studios like Bethesda or Ubisoft and more would make a game about you inheriting two slaves and having the option to be the "I'LL NEVER LET ANYONE TOUCH YOU, IM SO SORRY FOR WHAT MY FAT ASS OLD FAMILY MEMBER DID TO YOU" soft heart guy, or the "Ima gonna inject you with so many liquids you won't be considered hooman anymore, did I also mention ima stick my dick in your every hole?" asshole that continues his fat old family members wok. Personally I do lean more towards the first, but im not gonna leave them COMPLETELY alone. I want some fun too.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Question: Will we be able to make the girls sleep in our room starting the first night? Not do anything to them but just have them sleep in our bed, like sleep arrangements. Maybe as a way to get them to trust you more, seeing as how they'd need to trust you not to take advantage of them. It would probably be better if this was closer to the beginning of the game because it's not that interesting to sleep with people you have already fucked. But say for example the nights you make them sleep in your bed there is a storm and maybe Eve is scared of thunder so she latches onto you in her half dressed state (assuming they sleep with underwear on). It would also be neat to see if we had the option to either comfort or push Eve away if you did make a situation like that. Not only would it be erotic but also most likely heart warming if you choose to comfort Eve. But once again it should probably happen near the beginning of the game, seeing as how later if they hugged you in the middle of the night the player (irl) would probably think something like (I just had my dick up your ass, you hugging me is nothing gett tha fuc off me bicth.)
You should be able to let the girls share a bed with you without sexing them. And with Eve, sex shouldonly ever happen if you start it first.

As for the weather effects, that's something in the planning, but we've got a bit of work to do first before that can be properly added.

I don't think triple A game producing studios like Bethesda or Ubisoft and more would make a game about you inheriting two slaves and having the option to be the "I'LL NEVER LET ANYONE TOUCH YOU, IM SO SORRY FOR WHAT MY FAT ASS OLD FAMILY MEMBER DID TO YOU" soft heart guy, or the "Ima gonna inject you with so many liquids you won't be considered hooman anymore, did I also mention ima stick my dick in your every hole?" asshole that continues his fat old family members wok. Personally I do lean more towards the first, but im not gonna leave them COMPLETELY alone. I want some fun too.
And I was just looking at some of the content related to following in the great uncle's footsteps. Some time in the next 3-4 builds, I hope to start adding the dungeon content.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I encourage everyone to take a look at the Free version of the game linked below. If you enjoy the Free version, please consider a small pledge. With a small pledge, you gain early access to the latest build as well as other perks while helping ensure I can continue doing this full time! Every little bit helps.

Inheritance is a text based game with art. A portion of all earnings goes toward new art for the game.

\

What's new in the latest Supporter build?

A18:
-Added a new scene to the "Meeting Maki" story. Temporary shortcut to the scene from the previous scene. It's a big one, spanning 11.9k words of content in total. Submitted by LFNPark.
-Added a new scene to the "Meeting Maki" story. Temporary shortcut to the scene from the previous scene. 1.8k words of content. Submitted by LFNPark.
-Added the final scene of the "Meeting Maki" story to the game. Temporary shortcut to the scene from the previous scene in the set. 1.7k words of content. Submitted by LFNPark.
-Billiards Content. Began fleshing out this content quite a bit. Added new text for the portion of the scene where the main character breaks. Probably tripled the amount of content there. .8k words of new content.
-Eavesdropping Content. Wrote two new eavesdropping events. .5k words of content.
-Punishments Content. Added a new spanking scene for Anna, requires very positive relationship stats to appear. .4k words of content.
-Conversation Content. Added "Work Conversations" to Anna's conversation options. There are currently five small scenes, of which between 1-3 can play out at a time depending on your relationship stats with her. .6k words of content.
-Shower Content. Added two new small pieces to the Shower content. One for turning on the water, one for stepping beneath it. .2k words of content.
-Added the Anna and Eve sauna content. 8.9k words of content. Submitted as a contest entry by AbyssalEros.
-Added one new ambient scene that can take place in the back yard during daylight hours. .1k words of content.
-Added the "Forest" area to the Mansion Grounds. Includes six small ambient scenes. .6k words of content.
-Added "Isawu Cumming's Fortune Telling & Witchcraft" to the West Street in Pendleton. Includes four small ambient scenes. .6k words of content.
-Added "My Neighbor's Closet" to the Mid Main Street in Pendleton. Includes five small ambient scenes. .5k words of content.
-Added "Sharky's Bowling and Billiards" to the East Street in Pendleton. Includes seven small ambient events. .7k words of content.
-Added "Needle Point Tattoo & Piercing" to the West Street in Pendleton. Includes three small ambient events. .4k words of content
-Added "Wet Willy's Titty Trap" to the West Street in Pendleton. Includes ten small ambient events. 1.4k words of content.
-Added "The Muffin Top" to Mid Main in Pendleton. Includes four small ambient scenes. .4k words of content.
-Added "Tricky Dick's Pawn & Loan" to Mid Main in Pendleton. Includes four small ambient scenes. .3k words of content.
-Added "The Bookworm" to Mid Main in Pendleton. Includes three small ambient events. .3k words of content.
-Added a new slave named Mitsuko. This scene introduces her and makes it so you can add her to your household, but there is no followup content yet. 2k words of content. You can find the scene at The Love Shack in Pendleton. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added a new scene for Mitsuko that can play out at middling relationship levels in the livingroom during the evenings. .6k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added a new scene for Mitsuko that can play out at mid/lowish relationship levels in any room with a hard floor. .5k words of content. Submitted by Irish Major Tom.
-Added the first set of punishments for Mitsuko. There are currently two possible scenes for each style of punishment. 1.3k words of content. Irish Major Tom revised my work for this content (Their character, so I felt it was important that they have a chance to make adjustments to the content as needed to fit their vision for the character.)
-Wrote and added the code for displaying Mitsuko's stats and to let you change her assignments.
-Added Cheat functions for Mitsuko.
-Couch content. .2k words of content for a single small scene for the interactive couch function. This is for the middle segment of that scene structure.
-Sex scene content for Eve. .6k words of content spanning ten small scenes for when you initiate sex while in bed.
-Sex scene content for Eve. .7k words of content spanning four small scenes for when you initiate sex while not in bed.
-Sex scene content for Eve. 1.7k words of content spanning fourteen small scenes for the missionary sex position.
-Sex scene content for Eve. 2.1k words of content spanning seventeen small scenes for the doggystyle sex position.
-Sex scene content for Eve. .7k words of content spanning four small scenes for cumming on her belly.
-Sex scene content for Eve. .3k words of content spanning two small scenes for cumming on her back.
-Sex scene content for Eve. .4k words of content spanning three small scenes for cumming in her pussy.
-Sex scene content for Eve. 1.2k words of content spanning ten small scenes that can end the interactive sex scene.
-Sex scene content for Eve. 2k words of content spanning twelve small scenes for oral sex.
-Sex scene content for Eve. 1.1k words of content spanning six small scenes for oral cumshots.
-Added the ability to initiate sex with Eve in the master bedroom.
-Added three background images to the Master Bedroom. The time of day will affect which image you see.
-Added three background images to the Entry Hall. The time of day will affect which image you see.
-Added the code for a new NPC. She won't be appearing in game for a couple of builds yet, but the ground work has been done so all we have to do to get her into the game is to add content..
-Rebuild of the name system.
-Fixed a bug that was preventing two of the Love Shack scenes from playing.
-Had a couple of images improperly named in the intro, have been fixed.
-Implemented a new system in the background that should help minimize the number of broken saves we have between builds. It's probably not going to catch everything, but it should be a big step in the right direction.
-One of our helpers did a rework of the Billiards code. Mostly it was a case of adjusting probabilities so it was much less likely that someone would run the table.
-Fixed a couple of minor bugs in the code, nothing game breaking though.
-Fixed a host of spelling and grammar issues.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 8/03/18

\

What's new in the latest Free build?

A17:
-Added one new diary entry for the slave Nora. .3k words of content.
-Added a new scene to the back yard that only appears during the 10pm hour and involves mid/high relationship stats for Anna (Not high, not low.) Submitted by LFN Park. 2.2k words of content.
-Added the ability to drive in to town even though there's barely any content there yet. Started laying the groundwork for future content in that area.
-Added "The Love Shack" location to West Street in Pendleton. Room description and six small ambient events in total. .7k words of content.
-Added "North Main" location to Pendleton. Includes three ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "Mid Main" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .2k words of content.
-Added "West Street" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "East Street" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "South Main" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "Main Street" location to the town of Pendleton along with three simple ambient scenes, two of which can play out at any given time. These scenes are shared across all street locations. .5k words of content.
-Wrote and added a scene that begins in the Kitchens and can only trigger in the 10am hour. Scene plays out at mid/high to high relationship values with both girls. Scene sponsored by Matty. 4k words of content.
-Wrote and added four small scenes for driving into town. .3k words of content.
-Wrote and added four small scenes for driving home from town. .3k words of content.
-Added the "Gate" location to the mansion grounds.
-Added three small events to the Gate location. .3k words of content between all of the "Gate" content.
-Added a unique scene that can be triggered if you have high relationship levels with both girls. This will trigger an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. .9k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place in the front yard. This is the second scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 1.7k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place in the dining room. This is the third scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 4k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place at the pool. This is the fourth scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 3.3k words of content.
-Completely rebuilt the meal mechanic behind the scenes.
-Wrote two new Breakfast scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .7k words of content.
-Wrote two new Lunch scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .6k words of content.
-Wrote two new Dinner scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .7k words of content.
-Wrote three new couch/television scenes. .2k words of content between them.
-Went through the meal scenes and updated them to include an exit.
-Went through the couch end scenes and added exits for them.
-Wrote two new eavesdropping scenes. Both are fairly small. In total, about .1k words of content between them.
-Went through the eavesdropping scenes and updated them to include an exit.
-Wrote a new sleep scene. Can play out if you are sleeping with Eve, she has very little fear of you, and very little affection. .6k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Anna that appears in any room with a hard floor. Can play out at any relationship level. .9k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that appears in every East facing room with a window. Can play out at any relationship level. 1.5k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that appears in every West facing room with a window. Can play out at any relationship level. 1.4k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that requires high affection and low to middling fear and daylight hours. 1k words of content.
-Added twelve diary entries for the Great Uncle's first slave, Belle. You can find the notebook in the nightstand in the master bedroom. 7.2k words of content.
-Added a new Personal Conversation for Eve. Requires very good relationship stats with Eve, have not kissed Eve, and having sex with Anna. 1k words of content.
-Wrote two new NPCs into the code. These characters will be added in a future update.
-Added an exit from the Entry Hall to the Front Yard. Thought I'd done this previously, . . . guess I was wrong.
-Updated the mansion blueprints in the image folder with improved versions as well as added some WIP art to the folder.
-Fixed a minor bug preventing one of the "driveway" scenes from playing.
-Fixed a wide range of small bugs, spelling and grammar errors.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 7/05/18

\

Patreon Links:
A18 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A18 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A17b Public Build: (Free):

something879

Nov 2, 2017
New slave mitsuko seems interesting, will she get as fully integrated and as much focus as the original 2? Or will the original 2 always be the main focus?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New slave mitsuko seems interesting, will she get as fully integrated and as much focus as the original 2? Or will the original 2 always be the main focus?
The plan is to eventually ensure that all of the slaves have a similar amount of content. The author who is writing Mitsuko is hard at work on the next round of content for her, and if his contributions to the game thus far are any indication her content should grow at a decent pace.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I passed what you had to say on to the author who is writing that character. Here's what they had to say:

"I plan to shift most, if not all, my focus at the moment on getting Mitsuko fully into the game with just as much content."

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes