GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Not sure if it's fixed in the latest build but if you tell Anna to call you master but Eve your name then in the first bedroom scene Anna calls you by name.
Should be fixed in A16.

The wiki doesn't have the stats increase/decrease of the event.
For the most part, choices should be somewhat intuitive. Act like a jerk, hurt the relationship. Act nice, improve it.

But what choice ? or we must try and see each ?
The intro includes a full list of what choices affect stats and in which way. The intro is written with the intent to shift your stats fairly significantly to make finding content easier. Most of the scenes don't include that much detail, but at least the intro scene can make a good starting point.

Theres a bunch of events, and most events have choices, youll have to repeat these events over 100 times to get to the good content though, so be warned. This game is insanely grindy to see the good stuff.
I'm working on it! Every new build includes new scenes to explore. A16 added 8 new scenes that can affect relationship stats. There are currently about 60 interactive scenes in the game with more being added each build.

It's sad that the wiki does not give the relation changing of each choice :(
I'll pass this on to our wiki guy to see if they can start adding relationship adjustments to the wiki.

keep on downloading from all 3 links but getting a rar file with no contents from each
I've heard that some people have been having trouble with rar downloads (This has been reported for several months now) which is why I also provide a zip file. If neither works, be sure to shoot me a message and I'll see if we can't figure out how else to get you a build of the game.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
I quickly read through the changelog, am I right in the assumption that for now the developer is mainly concentrating on implementing scenes that require high affection?
Looking at the premise it seems like there'll also be options to be a bad master later on though, right?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I quickly read through the changelog, am I right in the assumption that for now the developer is mainly concentrating on implementing scenes that require high affection?
Looking at the premise it seems like there'll also be options to be a bad master later on though, right?
Currently I am focused on mid and high relationship scenes, though maybe a third of what I have been adding includes poor relationship versions as well.

Yes, eventually I plan to include the possibility of being a cruel master, I decided early on that I was going to focus on starting relationship levels, then expand out from there. We're at a point right now where focus is on mid/high range scenes. As the mid and high relationship ranges start to feel more playable, the focus will inevitably start to shift toward low relationship ranges to balance out the content.

I would also like to point out that we take submissions for this game.

Reactions: Nizzquizz

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
many like for the wiki guy
Yeah, our wiki guy is consistently impressing me. They're really knocking it out of the park. This last week they've been focused on getting the stat changes into the wiki for each scene, all while keeping up with all the work everyone else has been prepping for the next release.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I encourage everyone to take a look at the Free version of the game linked below. If you enjoy the Free version, please consider a small pledge. With a small pledge, you gain early access to the latest build as well as other perks while helping ensure I can continue doing this full time! Every little bit helps.

Inheritance is a text based game with art. A portion of all earnings goes toward new art for the game.

Also, please refrain from sharing the pay version of the game. I understand that this is a pirate site, and I understand that you guys consistently give some fair and often insightful feedback for my work. But there's a free version for a reason, and I'm just trying to make a living. Besides, I release often enough that you don't have to wait all that long between versions of the game. Thank you for your understanding.

\

What's new in the latest Supporter build?

A17:
-Added one new diary entry for the slave Nora. .3k words of content.
-Added a new scene to the back yard that only appears during the 10pm hour and involves mid/high relationship stats for Anna (Not high, not low.) Submitted by LFN Park. 2.2k words of content.
-Added the ability to drive in to town even though there's barely any content there yet. Started laying the groundwork for future content in that area.
-Added "The Love Shack" location to West Street in Pendleton. Room description and six small ambient events in total. .7k words of content.
-Added "North Main" location to Pendleton. Includes three ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "Mid Main" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .2k words of content.
-Added "West Street" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "East Street" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "South Main" location to Pendleton. Includes two ambient scenes unique to this location. .4k words of content.
-Added "Main Street" location to the town of Pendleton along with three simple ambient scenes, two of which can play out at any given time. These scenes are shared across all street locations. .5k words of content.
-Wrote and added a scene that begins in the Kitchens and can only trigger in the 10am hour. Scene plays out at mid/high to high relationship values with both girls. Scene sponsored by Matty. 4k words of content.
-Wrote and added four small scenes for driving into town. .3k words of content.
-Wrote and added four small scenes for driving home from town. .3k words of content.
-Added the "Gate" location to the mansion grounds.
-Added three small events to the Gate location. .3k words of content between all of the "Gate" content.
-Added a unique scene that can be triggered if you have high relationship levels with both girls. This will trigger an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. .9k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place in the front yard. This is the second scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 1.7k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place in the dining room. This is the third scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 4k words of content.
-Added a unique scene that takes place at the pool. This is the fourth scene in an event chain. Submitted by LFNPark. 3.3k words of content.
-Completely rebuilt the meal mechanic behind the scenes.
-Wrote two new Breakfast scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .7k words of content.
-Wrote two new Lunch scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .6k words of content.
-Wrote two new Dinner scenes. One if only eating with Anna, one if only eating with Eve. .7k words of content.
-Wrote three new couch/television scenes. .2k words of content between them.
-Went through the meal scenes and updated them to include an exit.
-Went through the couch end scenes and added exits for them.
-Wrote two new eavesdropping scenes. Both are fairly small. In total, about .1k words of content between them.
-Went through the eavesdropping scenes and updated them to include an exit.
-Wrote a new sleep scene. Can play out if you are sleeping with Eve, she has very little fear of you, and very little affection. .6k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Anna that appears in any room with a hard floor. Can play out at any relationship level. .9k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that appears in every East facing room with a window. Can play out at any relationship level. 1.5k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that appears in every West facing room with a window. Can play out at any relationship level. 1.4k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that requires high affection and low to middling fear and daylight hours. 1k words of content.
-Added twelve diary entries for the Great Uncle's first slave, Belle. You can find the notebook in the nightstand in the master bedroom. 7.2k words of content.
-Added a new Personal Conversation for Eve. Requires very good relationship stats with Eve, have not kissed Eve, and having sex with Anna. 1k words of content.
-Wrote two new NPCs into the code. These characters will be added in a future update.
-Added an exit from the Entry Hall to the Front Yard. Thought I'd done this previously, . . . guess I was wrong.
-Updated the mansion blueprints in the image folder with improved versions as well as added some WIP art to the folder.
-Fixed a minor bug preventing one of the "driveway" scenes from playing.
-Fixed a wide range of small bugs, spelling and grammar errors.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 7/05/18

\

What's new in the latest Free build?

A16:
-Added a new cumshot scene for Anna in the interactive sex in the master bedroom. Involves Anna having middling or better affection, and Eve to have middling or better affection and lowish fear. .4k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Anna in the lounge during work hours for low relationship values. Submitted by Irish Major Tom. 1.4k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Eve that takes place during the day in the servant's area. Can play out at any relationship level. 3.8k words of content.
-Added the ability to play Billiards with both Anna and Eve in the lounge. My text editor tells me it's 2.5k words of content, but about half of that is code. Big thanks to Rfpnj for writing the code and sharing it with me, only took a couple of hours to modify it for Inheritance.
-Added a new scene for Eve at middling to high relationship levels in the Library in the evenings. 1.3k words of content.
-Added the first portion of Eve's Sauna scene that was submitted during our first contest (Seriously, I need to get my act together and finish putting all of that into the game.) Contest Entry by AbyssalEros. 2.5k words of content.
-Added a new interactive shower scene. Includes full content for Anna and some early content for the scene related to Eve. 3.5k words of content.
-Added a new scene for Anna that takes place in any of the guest rooms. Submitted by LFNPark. 2.1k words of content.
-Added a new bedtime scene for Anna. Submitted By LFNPark. 1.7k words of content.
-Added three diary entries for a new former slave named Valerie. 1.1k words of content.
-Added two diary entries for a new former slave named Nora. 1.9k words of content.
-Added three new diary entries by the Great Uncle for Katarina. .7k words of content.
-Added one new diary entry for Katarina, submitted by LFNPark. .9k words of content.
-Added the option in the assignments area of each girl that allows you to change what she calls you.
-Updated the "How to Play" area to include a note about changing what the girls call you in the game.
-Fixed the evening interactive sex with Anna so you wake up normally.
-Fixed a typo on the code that was preventing much of the poolside scene from playing properly.
-Fairly minor rewrite to the Kitchen sex scene that involves both girls.
-Fixed several print function errors in Anna's scene in the living room.
-Fixed a bit of broken code that was preventing one of the starting sex scenes from playing with the bed sex option.
-Fixed several minor errors that were reported.
-Updated Cheat Menu to include Billiards.
-Updated Character Menu with Billiards skill for both girls.
-Made a small change to how the player's name is handled.
-Fixed an issue where the pool scene was routing you through a different scene.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels. Also updated with writers, and others who have helped out along the way. Last updated 6/13/18

\

Patreon Links:
A17 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build with early access):

A17 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build. Early Access.):

A16 Public Build: (Free):

something879

Nov 2, 2017
-Added a new cumshot scene for Anna in the interactive sex in the master bedroom. Involves Anna having middling or better affection, and Eve to have middling or better affection and lowish fear. .4k words of content.
This scene in particular is hilarious, I recommend everyone seeing it at least once.

something879

Nov 2, 2017
I think the Maki Chain is broken, I cannot for the life of me trigger the 2nd event, and this is at right time and day that she gave. (A17 Cheat Build)

EDIT: Also got an error trying to rest

Error: <<sleep>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<silently>>: error within contents (Error: cannot execute macro <<gotoevent>>: bad event in Bad Dream 1 "requires" evaluation: 100 is not a function)).

Stack Trace:
value@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27805:16073
handler/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27807:552
value/</<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27806:17932
value/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27806:17746
t/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27803:25845
dispatch@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:60:10263
add/q.handle@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:60:8325

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
This scene in particular is hilarious, I recommend everyone seeing it at least once.
Yeah, that one was fun.

I think the Maki Chain is broken, I cannot for the life of me trigger the 2nd event, and this is at right time and day that she gave. (A17 Cheat Build)

EDIT: Also got an error trying to rest

Error: <<sleep>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<silently>>: error within contents (Error: cannot execute macro <<gotoevent>>: bad event in Bad Dream 1 "requires" evaluation: 100 is not a function)).

Stack Trace:
value@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27805:16073
handler/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27807:552
value/</<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27806:17932
value/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27806:17746
t/<@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:27803:25845
dispatch@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:60:10263
add/q.handle@file:///C:/Users/mainman879/Downloads/New%20folder/Inheritance%20A17%20CHEAT/Inheritance%20A17CHEAT.html:60:8325
Both issues have been resolved with the fix I released last night through the same links above. Just drop the new html file into your folder, instructions at the bottom of the posts over on Patreon.

Reactions: Krull

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
It seems the MC cannot eat in the dining room when it's meal time:
No Event Was Available**
Tuesday, March 25
6:34 PM
Year 1
Option: Eat dinner

Eve's Information:

Can Currently be found at:
Dining Room

Relationship Information:
Affection: 512
Fear: 290
Trust: 508

Anna's Information:

Dining Room

Affection: 299
Fear: 698
Trust: 301

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
It seems the MC cannot eat in the dining room when it's meal time:
No Event Was Available**
Tuesday, March 25
6:34 PM
Year 1
Option: Eat dinner

Eve's Information:

Dining Room

Affection: 512
Fear: 290
Trust: 508

Anna's Information:

Dining Room

Affection: 299
Fear: 698
Trust: 301
Thank you for this. Will look into it in a little bit.

Any chance you know if one, or both of the girls are sharing meals with you? Knowing if neither, one, or both of the girls is sharing a meal with you will help me limit the possible location of the error from 8-10 down to 1-3.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Thank you for this. Will look into it in a little bit.

Any chance you know if one, or both of the girls are sharing meals with you? Knowing if neither, one, or both of the girls is sharing a meal with you will help me limit the possible location of the error from 8-10 down to 1-3.
I'm not sure. There is no info about that in their profiles. How can I make them have meals with me?

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I'm not sure. There is no info about that in their profiles. How can I make them have meals with me?
When they're in the same room you are, click "assignments" it let's you chose where they sleep and eat.

Ok, played this for the second time after waiting I think a year or two. Adorable game, a little depressing in the beginning. And either I wasn't patient enough or it's still too early but I couldn't find that much to do still. I really like the mix of text adventure with actual pictures. More text than VNs but not just a book with nothing to look at.

Also, not too much text, it's not too overwritten or takes ages to get to the point for no reason other than padding. This is well written and I love it.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
When they're in the same room you are, click "assignments" it let's you chose where they sleep and eat.

Ok, played this for the second time after waiting I think a year or two. Adorable game, a little depressing in the beginning. And either I wasn't patient enough or it's still too early but I couldn't find that much to do still. I really like the mix of text adventure with actual pictures. More text than VNs but not just a book with nothing to look at.

Also, not too much text, it's not too overwritten or takes ages to get to the point for no reason other than padding. This is well written and I love it.
When I click on "assignments" I have:
"Current Sleeping Arrangement: Servant's Quarters" and one option in blue
"Master Bedroom"

"Current Eating Arrangement: Blank" and no option in blue...

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
In A16, it's a simple case of either both sharing a meal with you (Ask them to join you during the intro) or neither (Have them serve you during the intro.)

For A17 the entire meal mechanic was rebuilt to give more flexibility. With that you can go into the girls assignments option to adjust their eating and sleeping arrangements.

Game has been in active development for about a year and a half now, with the first release being about a year ago.

Take a look over at the wiki (Linked inside the game on the starting page) and you'll be able to look up how and where to trigger various scenes. There are presently somewhere between 60-75 interactive scenes in the game if you know where to look for them and have the stats to trigger them.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game so far!

When I click on "assignments" I have:
"Current Sleeping Arrangement: Servant's Quarters" and one option in blue
"Master Bedroom"

"Current Eating Arrangement: Blank" and no option in blue...
This is perfect.

In the Assignments area the "Blue" option is what you can change the arrangement to while the white text is what what you currently have it set to.

The "Blank" actually points me toward the mistake I've made in the code, should make it much easier to run down. Thank you very much for the additional information.

Reactions: Dolphin3000

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
my first time playing this game and after reading all those journals,all I really have to say is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
my first time playing this game and after reading all those journals,all I really have to say is
The bad man is gone now, . . . . . take heart that there is a much brighter life possible for the girls in the game than the ones they have lived in the shadow of previously.

Reactions: BigBabs69

Firescrat

Jan 5, 2018
The two girls make the two additional place settings with practiced precision. Both of them seem uncertain as they take their seats, looking your way expectantly.

Continue the meal.>" style="padding: 0.25em; background-color: rgb(85, 17, 17); border-left: 0.5em solid rgb(204, 34, 34); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; font-family: Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Invalid left-hand side in assignment

Line 18458

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The two girls make the two additional place settings with practiced precision. Both of them seem uncertain as they take their seats, looking your way expectantly.

Continue the meal.>" style="padding: 0.25em; background-color: rgb(85, 17, 17); border-left: 0.5em solid rgb(204, 34, 34); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; font-family: Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Invalid left-hand side in assignment

Line 18458
You're playing A17 instead of A17a aren't you? I wasn't able to duplicate the error in A17a. The bug fix that came out just a couple of hours after the initial release addresses that and a couple of other small issues.

Sep 4, 2017
I keep on searching the mansion from top to bottom, again and again. I am looking for hidden doors, secret rooms, hidden passages to secret underground caves, book with weird symbols, summoning circles, shrines, statues and pictures of beings from other dimensions or at least, some place that looks like a place where some weird ritual with human sacrifaces was performed to summon some mysterious forces from other world. Or some other proof of presence of supernatural entity in the mansion. But so far I have found nothing. Not even one single ghost. I am starting to think that I am looking for something that isn´t there, something that doesn´t exist.

On the other hand, the lab is still locked.

But I still have this feeling that something else is in the mansion besides MC, Anna and Eve. Something that is hiding in shadows and watching MC and the girls. And I am not sure if that something else is a human and from this world. I don´t believe in supernatural. But, for some reasons, something tells me that there is something weird is going on inside the mansion. Maybe it would be good if the MC and the girls would ran somewhere far away from that place and never come back.

Why do I keep writing so much nonsense?

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes