Sep 4, 2017
, I think that somebody already asked this question but I don't remember it. How many slaves and other characters will be in this game? I always had problem with slave training and managing games with a lot of slaves and stats to keep all the stats under the control.

Also, will there be an option to call an exorcist in the mansion? I don´t know why, but that place gives me the creeps. And with every new clue about the past of the mansion, I am getting more and more convinced that this place isn´t safe for the MC (or anybody else). If the game will have the the typical ending of horror films (you know, that "Everybody died, they all had a cruel and brutal death, the end!" kind of endings) I will not be surprised.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
, so, if there will be new slaves, can the MC create a romantic relationship with them, like with Anna and Eve? And can he create a romantic relationship with all the romantically approachable characters at once? And does it mean that he can create his own harem?

Also, will there be an option to call an exorcist in the mansion? I don´t know why, but that place gives me the creeps. And with every new clue about the past of the mansion, I am getting more and more convinced that this place isn´t safe for the MC (or anybody else). If the game will have the the typical ending of horror films (you know, that "Everybody died, they all had a cruel and brutal death, the end!" kind of endings) I will not be surprised.
Yes. Nearly every character in the game (Slave or not) will be romancable under the right conditions. We're starting with the slaves, but eventually even the people in town will be someone you can develop relationships with eventually.

As for their behavior, it's going to depend on the girl(s) in question. You'll be able to do a harem, but there will be the potential for jealousy between some of the girls.

An exorcist isn't currently in the plans, however I just commissioned a bit of art related to being able to customize rooms. I'll be starting with the guest rooms, but eventually you'll be able to customize every room in the house. Perhaps changing the visuals around the house will help put you more at ease. ;) Also, I think a lot of the eerie feel the mansion gives off is because it feels so empty. As additional characters are added to the mansion, I expect the atmosphere to improve.

Reactions: McIgga

something879

Nov 2, 2017
I passed what you had to say on to the author who is writing that character. Here's what they had to say:

"I plan to shift most, if not all, my focus at the moment on getting Mitsuko fully into the game with just as much content."
Sounds great, v18 seems like a great update too, hope to get more like it.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Sounds great, v18 seems like a great update too, hope to get more like it.
The last three updates have had a LOT of content in all of them, A18 being by far the largest release we've made of anything.

It's like I was telling the rest of our team: Everything went perfect for this release, and I'm not sure we'll ever be able to create this much content for a single build again. But from this day forward, this is what we aspire toward!

something879

Nov 2, 2017
@GateKeeper I found an error in v18 for the Sauna when both girls arrive, you only get the option send them away and an error

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: expected expression, got keyword 'if'

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Here is the Inheritance v18 Build
It saddens me that you would give away my hard work when there's a free build. :(

@GateKeeper I found an error in v18 for the Sauna when both girls arrive, you only get the option send them away and an error

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: expected expression, got keyword 'if'
Thank you for the bug report. Should be relatively simple to run down. I'll get right on it.

Reactions: m00k00

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
im confused this version says its a cheat build but what can you cheat and how ? cant seem to find anything different from the usual version i play with

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
So is there anything to do besides wander around the mansion or drive to town (and then still do nothing)?

SpaceCowboy84

Feb 17, 2018
So is there anything to do besides wander around the mansion or drive to town (and then still do nothing)?
Wondering the same thing. Clearly I don't understand how this game works, because all I seem to be able to do is wander around aimlessly, occasionally getting that scene where I catch the girl falling off the ladder.

Reactions: F9Zoney

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Wondering the same thing. Clearly I don't understand how this game works, because all I seem to be able to do is wander around aimlessly, occasionally getting that scene where I catch the girl falling off the ladder.
Keep in mind this was before the latest update so there's a bit more content I haven't seen yet.

Yeah, the long and short of it is you move around trying to trigger events. There are a significant amount of them but very few are sexual yet. You're supposed to "figure out" where the girls should be at any point of the day based on the general schedule of the game.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Keep in mind this was before the latest update so there's a bit more content I haven't seen yet.

Yeah, the long and short of it is you move around trying to trigger events. There are a significant amount of them but very few are sexual yet. You're supposed to "figure out" where the girls should be at any point of the day based on the general schedule of the game.
Girls can be summoned to specific rooms as well which makes triggering events related to those rooms much easier.

And in a related note, I just sent a message out to our coders a few minutes ago to ask what the hold up with character movement it. At the moment the girls do not move without you moving them for the most part. Last I had talked with our coders the movement code had been started, but I don't know where they are with all of that at the moment, thus why I messaged them.

PS: At present, there are somewhere around 70 interactive scenes in the game.

Reactions: TomberryDude

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Girls can be summoned to specific rooms as well which makes triggering events related to those rooms much easier.

And in a related note, I just sent a message out to our coders a few minutes to ask what the hold up with character movement it. At the moment the girls do not move without you moving them for the most part. Last I had talked with our coders the movement code had been started, but I don't know where they are with all of that at the moment, thus why I messaged them.
That's interesting, I didn't know you could trigger events "on demand" too. Takes some of the randomness out, which is cool with me.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
That's interesting, I didn't know you could trigger events "on demand" too. Takes some of the randomness out, which is cool with me.
You'll still trigger random events, but most of the events involving the girls require that they be present for them to end up in the event pool so they can appear (The game basically looks at all of the events in a location that you qualify for and pulls one at random. If the girl isn't present, her events wont end up in the pool to be pulled from.)

Would it be possible to add some kind of indicator to rooms that have undiscovered scenes in them? Wandering about the giant house trying to find content is a real pain in the ass atm.
Not going to happen. Nearly every interactive event in the game evolves depending on both your choices and your current relationship with the related girl. Most scenes have 3-8 versions depending on how they feel about you and your choices during the scene. I can think of at least a couple of scenes where there are more than 30 variants of a scene depending on those things. To take the time to create a system that can track all of that, determine which scenes you've seen, which variants of those scenes you have seen, and the rest of it, would be far more work than I would like to put into the game. Additionally, those scenes affect your relationship stats with the related girl(s) and there isn't enough content yet in the game to prevent you from needing to play at least some of them more than once to move the relationship numbers far enough to change the scenes (Most scenes slide your relationship stats +/- 1-5 points. With about 70 scenes in the game, split roughly evenly between Anna and Eve, and the relationship stats running from 0-1,000, you're going to have to play scenes a few times before you shift stats very significantly.)

Many scenes can be affected by who is present, relationship stats, or even time of day. At present, nearly every room in the mansion has +2 events related to the girls.

As the game continues to grow, the game will become much less of a grind. The first release of the game was a little over a year ago, in that build, there was two interactive scenes. Now there are about 70, plus functions like Talking, Billiards, Watching TV with the girls, Showers, using the bed, meal times, and using the sauna, all of which also have scenes capable of adjusting stats as well. In the last two months, the game has grown by about 90,000 words of content (For reference, That's around the same size as "The Hobbit" By JRR Tolken. That's a TON of content in the last couple of months.), so the game is growing in leaps and abounds as I continue to write, and other writers submit content for the game as well.

Try doing what I suggested above, summon girls to the room you want to see content for and try entering the room again. Scenes trigger when you first enter a room, so if the girl(s) is present you'll be much more likely to see content related to them when they are already there.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Would it be possible to add some kind of indicator to rooms that have undiscovered scenes in them? Wandering about the giant house trying to find content is a real pain in the ass atm.
It would feel a bit like cheating, as I said, figuring what happens when is a significant part of the game. I wouldn't a more convenient way to take notes like an in game journal or something... But then again there's always good old IRL pen and paper.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes