Oct 12, 2018
i think a lot of the conversation around cadonis revolves around the fact that he is the least interesting of the bunch, and the added attention upon him does him no favors. everyone else's character comes across a bit complex - while cadonis is the jock who thinks every girl wants to sleep with him, and that's all he is.

added caveat, i played around the game twice, and have to say, none of the sex options appealed to me that much. there's the taxman at the bar who forces himself upon you, and the cheating sex wasn't worth very much. granted, this is just the prologue, but i was hoping for a libertine encounter that our girl can simply enjoy.

speaking of which, is there a origin where you aren't a prude/virgin? i chose the theater one cause that one seemed the closest, but it didn't seem to be the case
The closest you can get is the "Vagrant" (Also the most interesting backstory and character.), you've lived a difficult life and have often sucked dicks to survive, but I think the MC is still a virgin in that one.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I'm not sure if you enjoyed them because they were good theories, or so far off that you're laughing at us. I'm assuming it's the latter. lol
No, I'm really interested in reading interpretations. And it's very, very hard to keep from accidentally dropping a hint on anything. Sargon is mysterious, as intended.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I'm not skipping scenes, but the story seems to indicate that there's only exclusive paths? Like the sex scenes aren't exclusive and I've played through them all, but the characters imply that if you do hook up with Cadonis, Iolanta, Murella and Yuturna won't like you.
Iolanta isn't very happy about it, but even if the protagonist has slept with Cadonis, you can still choose her to continue the journey (and have fun with her in the process, if your character is bi). As for Murella and Yuturna, I'll just be mysteriously silent.

Oct 12, 2018
No, I'm really interested in reading interpretations. And it's very, very hard to keep from accidentally dropping a hint on anything. Sargon is mysterious, as intended.
I also like the little hints to something going on. It's clear that this troupe is no ordinary traveling band of actors, but what's their secret? Are they criminals smuggling stuff? Are they using the guise of the acting to enact political plans and operations? How does some nobleman and a courtesan fight off an entire tavern full of enemies? Is Iolanta a witch?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
speaking of which, is there a origin where you aren't a prude/virgin? i chose the theater one cause that one seemed the closest, but it didn't seem to be the case
Noble and Survivor are not virgins.
Heiress and Vagrant are virgins. Although Vagrant has some sexual experience.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I also like the little hints to something going on. It's clear that this troupe is no ordinary traveling band of actors, but what's their secret? Are they criminals smuggling stuff? Are they using the guise of the acting to enact political plans and operations? How does some nobleman and a courtesan fight off an entire tavern full of enemies? Is Iolanta a witch?
Who knows... Ah, yes, I know. But I won't tell. Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I didn't know there was an early sex scene with Io. How do you trigger that?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In fact, I wonder how you miss it.
Maybe some choices you make earlier block those path?

During my 4 playthroughs (yes, I love this game :), but I also want to test each Origin), I only miss one time the first sex scene with Iolonta.
And only because in my Inuatarian Noble game, I have decided to play a straight girl.
So I deliberately avoid any choice that could lead to lesbian action.

Reactions: ScornedBeef

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
And, ahem, guys. Cadonis this, Cadonis that... So finicky ones... This is his part of the story, enjoy.
It's because you write Cadonis so well, is a unbearable asshole :).
Maybe under this detestable first impression hides someone likable.
But man, it's a torture to go on his route... During my straight playthrough, I needed a lot of willpower to stay focused on him.
No Selene... Don't look at, don't even think about, the sexy funny open minded brunette... Stay focus on this insufferable asshole handsome and charming young man (cough... cough...) :LOL:.
Even during my bisexual game, I have stuck to Iolanta and reject him.

But, don't change it.
It's how he is.
All stories need a despicable character.
And also, I'm sure there are some players who will enjoyed to get Selene humiliated and used like a sex toy by Cadonis.

Or play with Iolanta instead.
It's exactly what I have done in 3 of my 4 playthroughs :)

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Maybe some choices you make earlier block those path?
Block... M-mm, before the bathtub scene, if you respond rudely to Iolanta's request to bring her the amphora. I don't remember doing any other lines zeroing in on the hidden variables responsible for this. So most likely there just weren't at least 2 lines chosen to show attraction to women from the performance onwards. In that case, yep, the protagonist will be straightly straight.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
When Iolanta go in the bathtub, you can rejoin her. But it's take a level 3 willpower check, so save some Insight points unless you have a strong will.
Ah yes, the willpower check is optional there. It opens 1 of the 2 versions of this scene in Chapter 1. There is another, without the willpower check. I'm writing this specially for you, knowing your love for Iolanta. Well, in case you haven't seen the other variation of this scene...

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Ah yes, the willpower check is optional there. It opens 1 of the 2 versions of this scene in Chapter 1. There is another, without the willpower check. I'm writing this specially for you, knowing your love for Iolanta. Well, in case you haven't seen the other variation of this scene...
Wow! I wouldn't ask you to writing something specially for me.
It's true I like Iolanta a lot. It's help that she is the only NPC with whom I can fulfill my crave for sapphic love :).
But I also like her personality so far.
And I understand that she's not a lesbian. More a very open minded woman in a world where homosexuality is view as a sin.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Wow! I wouldn't ask you to writing something specially for me.
It's true I like Iolanta a lot. It's help that she is the only NPC with whom I can fulfill my crave for sapphic love :).
But I also like her personality so far.
And I understand that she's not a lesbian. More a very open minded woman in a world where homosexuality is view as a sin.
Oh, I meant, I pointed out to you that there's another version of that scene. The scene itself was written a long time ago. It's just that you wrote to the person that there is necessarily a willpower check and I assumed that you might not have seen the other version of that scene, without a willpower check.

Reactions: damnedfrog

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
Hey, I just wanted to drop in here and commend you for your work. This game is pretty solid! Thanks for your work here, I am VERY interested in seeing what is coming next!

Reactions: Defiant Explorer

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Where can I find my saves from 1-2 ?
Web browser's local storage cache.
  • If you have some kind of browser auto-cleaning enabled, they could have been deleted with other caches.
  • If anything, use the save-to-disk function. They won't go anywhere unless you delete the folder with them manually.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Where can I find my saves from 1-2 ?
Web browser's local storage cache.
  • If you have some kind of browser auto-cleaning enabled, they could have been deleted with other caches.
  • If anything, use the save-to-disk function. They won't go anywhere unless you delete the folder with them manually.
It's why with HTML games, I always save to disk.
I find it's too risky to keep the saves in the cache.

Deckmaster in the saves window, don't choose a save slot, but click on [Save to Disk...].
A dialog box will open, where you can rename the save file if you want, and choose where to put it.
Personally, I create a "saves" folder in each game folder where I put the save files.
In the case of game with multiple routes, like Inner Empire, I even create a subfolder in the save folder for each route.

To reload a save, click the button [Load from disk...], and a dialog windows will allow you to retrieve the save file.

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
Finally got around playing the new update, I might be alone with this but I'm throughly enjoying Cadonis' scenes.

Judging by the comments I see I'm not alone with being intrigued by Yuturna & Sargon though!

Reactions: Defiant Explorer
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes