88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
damnedfrog Oh, my shining knight, there is no need to defend my honor xD Just a little investigation and the clear realization comes that some people are not quite in a position to give any advice. And even having images doesn't help them much.

But your zeal is worthy of reward. Here's a little snippet from the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why did this particular piece of dialogue come to my mind in this situation? Oh, well, I don't even know...

By the way, for my patrons here and all who are interested. I'm doing my best to make sure that the next update (1.5) will be ready before the end of this month. Yes, I should post something on my Patreon, but by the end of the day, I usually don't have the energy to write anything else at all... But in the next few days, I'll carve out a moment.
Add lewd images to the text it would make more appealing and it would lot of supporters to your porject.

Reactions: radohak

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
damnedfrog Oh, my shining knight, there is no need to defend my honor xD Just a little investigation and the clear realization comes that some people are not quite in a position to give any advice. And even having images doesn't help them much.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
rememebr most of the potential supporter are here to fap on the lewd images most of them, such myself. It gonna give huge impact on the audience you wish to gain. Ther are lot o lewd staff you can cread in the all you alredy written this far.
And you don't really get hints, huh? Well, since a fellow dev was so kind enough to come to me, call my work "kind boring", and start giving advice, let me return the favor. We're all friends here, right? Sharing advices and such...

You see, any creative work is greater than the sum of its parts. And the only criterion that matters is its ability to touch minds and hearts. Or what's lower, since we're talking about works for adults. Although what's lower is in direct relation to the brain and circulatory system anyway, so it's still "touching the minds and hearts," no difference. So, this ability, in no way depends on the presence or absence of certain components, whether they be words, images, music, animation, acting, or whatever. It's all just tools. What matters is not the tools, but whether or not you know how to use them.

So, thanks for the great advice for a writer to start drawing comics, because for someone reading is "kind boring". But I think I'll pass. I'll do exactly what I know how to do, and what I want to do. And for those who appreciate it.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
So, how far have we gotten from that first village with its lovely jumper neighbors? :sneaky::coffee:
Well, I don't have satellite pictures of my fictional world, and the map is just a stylization... But if I need to draw the current location with lipstick, it would be somewhere around here.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Well, I don't have satellite pictures of my fictional world, and the map is just a stylization... But if I need to draw the current location with lipstick, it would be somewhere around here.

Well, i did not mean it literally.
I was just curious whether our mc had maybe gotten to the next town or village or something. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: kunIOIOIOIOIO

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Well, i did not mean it literally.
I was just curious whether our mc had maybe gotten to the next town or village or something. :giggle::coffee:
The entire Chapter 3 is planned as adventures in a big city. In that sense, it will be similar to the first half of Chapter 1, only... bigger. As for the current Chapter 2, it's more about the relationships between the characters, and the protagonist's place in the troupe. Right now we're somewhere in here. And Chapter 2 is also about the dangers and difficulties of the journey (after the next one - 1.5 - update).

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
The entire Chapter 3 is planned as adventures in a big city. In that sense, it will be similar to the first half of Chapter 1, only... bigger. As for the current Chapter 2, it's more about the relationships between the characters, and the protagonist's place in the troupe. Right now we're somewhere in here. And Chapter 2 is also about the dangers and difficulties of the journey (after the next one - 1.5 - update).
I'm curious how you'd go about planning the story arc for something this detailed.
Is it similar to what a D&D DM would do?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I'm curious how you'd go about planning the story arc for something this detailed.
Is it similar to what a D&D DM would do?
Hmm... I guess, in part. Though it's more like a story that's been growing in me for years. Some scenes I kind of "saw" from time to time. Not originally connected, they added up on their own into an overarching picture. Hard to describe. I guess you could say the story was begging to come out. And one day I decided, what the hell, I can do it.

CarlH

Jul 4, 2021
Interesting to see a map. Am I right in remembering that Amarath is the capital/main city? In that case, it's unusual since the world is a bronze age setting but Amarath is seemingly without sea/waterway access. But maybe there are rivers not on the map? Or do they use another form or transportation (dragons/teleportation/underground tunnels)? Or maybe the location has a religious or strategic significance?
Or maybe your world carries a lot of inherent and unique dangers with water - massive piracy or sahuagin invasions?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Interesting to see a map. Am I right in remembering that Amarath is the capital/main city? In that case, it's unusual since the world is a bronze age setting but Amarath is seemingly without sea/waterway access. But maybe there are rivers not on the map? Or do they use another form or transportation (dragons/teleportation/underground tunnels)? Or maybe the location has a religious or strategic significance?
Or maybe your world carries a lot of inherent and unique dangers with water - massive piracy or sahuagin invasions?
Amarath is located on the Tekla River. This may not be as noticeable on the color map of the Republic. The black and white regional map shows it better.

Amarath is one of the major regional cities, with a developed river port and many markets. In one of the dialogues at the beginning of Chapter 2, Sargon mentions Amarath during dinner, talking about its many markets and comparing it to the capital (Valatea).

The capital of the Republic is Valatea. Everything outside the capital and before the borders is a province (in the singular, not provinces). The larger cities of the Republic (like Amarath) have moderate autonomy but are still subject to the senate sitting in Valatea.

The Valatean Republic is an aristocratic republic, not a people's republic. Senate positions are hereditary (only the heads of the Great Houses sit there). Elections (of any kind) are the prerogative of the senate, not of the common folk of the capital, let alone of the provincials.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Today's the release day?;)
Alas no, today is the first day in the promised interval between May 21 and May 31.

All I can say right now is that the earliest 1.5 release date for patrons is the last days of the month. There is also the possibility that the update will be a bit delayed (up to a week). Some scenes turned out to be bigger than they were in my head. Much bigger. And since I choose quality over and over again, I have to work through them as decently as I can. And the deadline date is getting closer and closer... Thanks for reminding me. Who doesn't enjoy a little stress, huh?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
wish there's another LI beside that man
LI ? That man?

It's probably a "lover interest". Well, I'm just guessing. And it's probably about Сadonis under "that man". Jeez, guys, I'm all for less words, more meaning. But still, don't save words so much that it takes detective work to decipher...

First of all, Сadonis isn't exactly a love interest, and neither is Iolanta, for that matter. At least not in the way that's usually implied in adult games. Where you click on lines with a heart until the romance/bedtime scene starts or whatever. I stick more to the logic of realism than the usual games conventions.

As for the other options... They will grow as the story grows and as the protagonist meets new characters. Give it time.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
is there a game walkthruough?
I've seen this question a couple of times before, I think. The are two answers: 1) no and 2) why?

I mean, the gameplay is built in a way that you can never get stuck. Events are always moving forward and carrying the protagonist with them. And there are many choices in that flow. As I write these lines, my dev version of the game has 363k words, 1845 passages, 3007 links, and 2381 dialogue-only variables. The last released update (1.3) has lower numbers, yes, but it's unlikely there's a crazy person who would dare to do a detailed walkthrough on even that. And this is just the beginning of the game.

So I suggest asking more specific questions about things that interest you. Someone could, of course, do some general guide with tips, found secrets, and whatnot. But it certainly won't be me. There are some hints on my Patreon, for people who make development possible. I think they deserve it. As for the rest folk... Explore. Pick different choices and see what changes and what doesn't. Who knows if you might find something others haven't? I try very hard to make exploring interesting.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes