BitaDev

Feb 11, 2022
Wow this game is really good. I won't spoil anything, but the way the game reacts to your choices is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defiant Explorer

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Absolutely enjoyable. It was also quite a bit of fun to play as one large, rotund fellow put it --"a prideful whore", and a fallen (barbarian) noble besides.

Story wise, it's a fun setting with rules and laws all of its own to discover as we go. The many gods and (low?) fantasy and magic adds for a interesting potential future twist as well.

Although I did have a question, and it's entirely possible I read it incorrectly-- but wasn't accepting the contract for joining also accepting the standard terms/tenants of the gods? The reason I ask is the bit of lady on lady romance is very much 'thou shalt not', and here the MC and the leading lady potentially went about a very thorough introduction with one another. Moreover, it's alluded that she's fairly experienced with this sort of thing, which means she'd have dabbled in the past at the very least.

I particulary enjoyed the theatre cadre, as the characters all seem terribly interesting. The musician is cute as a button, our 'mentor' is saucy and fun, and I'm super digging the gruff muscles with a heart of gold. Here's hoping we get to investigate how much of that prop in the performance was exaggeration (or not) in the near future, haha.

Only downside I can see is if our friendly kitty tagalong is indeed male that significantly lowers the chances of catgirl familiars and fallen goddesses manifesting at some point.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Absolutely enjoyable. It was also quite a bit of fun to play as one large, rotund fellow put it --"a prideful whore", and a fallen (barbarian) noble besides.

Story wise, it's a fun setting with rules and laws all of its own to discover as we go. The many gods and (low?) fantasy and magic adds for a interesting potential future twist as well.

Although I did have a question, and it's entirely possible I read it incorrectly-- but wasn't accepting the contract for joining also accepting the standard terms/tenants of the gods? The reason I ask is the bit of lady on lady romance is very much 'thou shalt not', and here the MC and the leading lady potentially went about a very thorough introduction with one another. Moreover, it's alluded that she's fairly experienced with this sort of thing, which means she'd have dabbled in the past at the very least.

I particulary enjoyed the theatre cadre, as the characters all seem terribly interesting. The musician is cute as a button, our 'mentor' is saucy and fun, and I'm super digging the gruff muscles with a heart of gold. Here's hoping we get to investigate how much of that prop in the performance was exaggeration (or not) in the near future, haha.

Only downside I can see is if our friendly kitty tagalong is indeed male that significantly lowers the chances of catgirl familiars and fallen goddesses manifesting at some point.
Thank you for the kind words. But I don't quite understand your questions. Nevertheless, I'll try to answer them. Correct me if I have not answered what you wanted to know.

A contract is a paper that the protagonist signs. Specifically our contract is approved in the temple of Fathna, goddess of laws and vengeance. Breaking a contract in the Republic is сrime and sacrilege at the same time.

As for the gods... Who knows. Maybe they are real. Maybe they're fiction. Or maybe something else. The important thing is that the protagonist believes in them, but doesn't necessarily revere them. Like in the Vagrant Origin:

"...but I prayed to all the gods that she would be okay. After all, these assholes weren't so kind to me the whole life, but could they at least one fucking time answer my prayers?"

There is no option to be an atheist, too low level of civilization, so to speak. For doubting the existence of the gods, one would be sent to the nearest bonfire.

Although it would be fun to give the player a choice in this matter. Like, do you want to be an atheist?
- Oh yeah, fuck the gods! La la la...
- Heretic scum! Catch her! Burn the witch!
*Game over*

As for the intimate scene with Iolanta. It's optional. It can only be opened if you have made several choices showing the protagonist's attraction to women (optional bisexuality). Those who didn't make these choices won't see this scene in any way (the right dialog lines at the right moment just won't show up).

And if you meant whether or not Iolanta fears the wrath of the gods... Well, part of the answer to that is in the scene with the Blue Kiss. Although, I'll probably allow players to ask her that question directly in the future. In the first chapter, I think the exposition is quite enough. A little more and it would have been too much. You know, like philosophical reflections on the nature of the gods.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
The game ends in the same spot as before? What's new?

Also where did the cheats option go? I can't find it and I remember the previous version had it.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
The game ends in the same spot as before? What's new?

Also where did the cheats option go? I can't find it and I remember the previous version had it.
You can see the Changelog here in the main post, it's also added to the game itself, and to my Patreon and Sabscriberstar pages.

News about Chapter 2 can be found on my Patreon and Sabscraiberstar pages (open to all).

The cheats feature was disabled back in the September 24 version. Not least because of dangerous features for players like the Origin change. The peculiarity of my code is such that it's better not to give these functions to players. I need them mostly for quick testing of added content. In the long run, they can break the game.

As for adding Insight manually or setting Abilities to a certain level... For players this is a redundant feature, it won't break anything, but if someone wants to make the game a little easier - it's better to use the so-called "easy" or "lazy" start. That's +10 and +20 Insight from the start, respectively, which is equivalent to +50%/+100% increase in initial experience. I think that's more than enough.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Nope, that's pretty much it.

In the aim for clarity, I guess what I was curious about was potential fallout from breaking the contract almost immediately, if dallying about with another lady fit the criteria.

As the MC mentions a odd feeling the moment she signs it, which seems to signify the process a rather big deal. And it seemed like one of the things the leader demanded was for our heroine to follow the typical tenants of godly behavior (which included the wombo combo of fertility and no sapphic splendor)..

Actually, memory is pretty fuzzy about the whole process now. Sounds like a fine excuse to run through it again, haha.

Will there be a potential path or skill tree where our heroine learns to defend herself at some point? The best way to avoid a conflict is to not have one in the first place, but that's hardly the path this particular character seems to be walking.

For example, almost getting her teeth literally knocked out by the fake nobilities renta thug. It's a bit of mental gymnastics, but while it seems a noble background would hardly think it's her own fault for being in that situation in the first place (it was), they would also be prideful and irked/arrogant enough to not want to be physically overpowered the "next" time.

Or a Urchin may just want to throw down fistcuffs, because scrappy.

Anywho, it was a treat to read and play, greatly looking forward to what life on the road brings the company.

Reactions: Anika 88

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Laughingfox

Your interpretations are curious, and I don't think it would be appropriate for me to confirm or deny them.

I find it inspiring that my work evokes emotion and reflection in people. Moreover, it could be said that figuring out what is really going on is part of the gameplay.

Jimbo-do

May 10, 2017
Anyone find out how to find the Red Mistress? I tried a lot of origins and options over a few playthroughs and I still cant find her.

Otherwise game is great so far and I look forward to chapter 2. Hopefully Iolanta will have more Dommy stuff. One of the PC's choices implies she really enjoyed being spanked by Iolanta, and im excited to see Iolanta Dom x Pc Sub stuff.

chawuciren71

Nov 19, 2019
Nothing too exciting. Definetly well-written. Seems focusing on making it realistic not hot scene setting. I liked the ugly bastard scene nevertheless.

rafkin

Dec 13, 2019
Say you want to support this, is there a preference between Patreon vs Subscribestar?

From both a user experience and what's better for the developer?

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Oh, two days without internet. Sorry guys.

Myriad , yep, I'm reading the Reviews. They are all great, thank you all so much. Well, except for one. But that stinking pile isn't a review, it's a set of absurd complaints and blatant lies. For the latter, a report should probably be sent, dunno.

But back to the nice stuff and your concern. No, there will be no endless decorative improvements. I have also seen some great games fall into this trap. There have been no changes to the content of Chapter 1 since release. I've only fixed bugs, one of which, alas, was very serious. New content is a priority.

So no, in that sense you don't have to worry. The biggest danger to development is what I call "things beyond my control". But that has to do with where I'm from and what's going on here now. Yeah, that shit can... create more shit. I'm doing the best I can, and I can't promise more, at least in the current circumstances.

Anyone find out how to find the Red Mistress? I tried a lot of origins and options over a few playthroughs and I still cant find her.
How to meet the Red Mistress?
Are you sure this is what you want? Hmm, as they say - be afraid of your desires. Anyway, the scene with her is a secret one. It shouldn't be easy to find. But if that's what you want... Under the spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Say you want to support this, is there a preference between Patreon vs Subscribestar?

From both a user experience and what's better for the developer?
Most prefer Patreon, as far as I can see. Subscriberstar is a kind of... insurance. In case, shall we say, a sudden censorship attack or something. My game does and will raise difficult and sensitive topics. So I decided not to put all the eggs in one basket. Just in case.

If you want to support me, use whatever you feel more comfortable with.

primoo357

Jun 30, 2017
What a lovely game! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm not such a huge fan of text-based games as they go into too much lore which is either A) hard too understand or B) Not interesting.
But the content that you've put out is simply relatable and the best part is - a female MC!
You get to control the debauchery. I don't know if there's any "monster" content you've planned but so far the characters are very enjoyable, from the blacksmith, to the farm and the young boy, as well as the general scenes that the MC has to endure to make a living. It's so very believable and nothing is too far fetched. I have to say, I'm a definite fan and will look forward to the amazing work that you're doing!
Keep it up!

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes