Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Will it be a major spoiler or a minor one?
If you liked the scenes in Chapter 1, I think you won't be disappointed. Just wait a little longer. Yes, in my circumstances I'm afraid to make promises at all, and I've had blackouts here again... which hasn't happened since the beginning of January, but here we go again... fuck.

But we're 2 scenes away from the update. One way or another it won't take long.

CarlH

Jul 4, 2021
Hey Dev - really nice game you're making. A lot of potential and a really fun setup so far. Simple but well thought-out mechanics.
Just enough art to make it interesting. Lack of explicit pictures even mean it's SFW :)
So sorry about your situation, stay safe!

Reactions: Defiant Explorer

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
A very beautiful game, i liked it
Thanks. And you came just in time. There will be an update tomorrow.

Yeah, guys. Seriously. Just finished today. Quick tests show that all systems are functioning. But I need to run a couple more tests throughout the whole update. Just in case I missed any bugs. But this is tomorrow, with a fresh brain, now I'm too tired for that, and going to sleep a little.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Thanks. And you came just in time. There will be an update tomorrow.

Yeah, guys. Seriously. Just finished today. Quick tests show that all systems are functioning. But I need to run a couple more tests throughout the whole update. Just in case I missed any bugs. But this is tomorrow, with a fresh brain, now I'm too tired for that, and going to sleep a little.
Hoo boy, can't wait to cuck another woman.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Good writing as always. Characters are all well rememberable. Only two sex scence this update right? One lesbian scene and one straight scene with Cadonis?
Please hide your message under a spoiler. Some may not have finished the update yet.

For your question, look here:

To anyone who hasn't completed the update - don't click on the link until you've finished the update (spoilers warning!).

Reactions: erinyes

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
Sadly, this update was rather short and disappointing. Now I fully understand your situation is not ideal and that due to the nature of your game I won't see everything in a single play through. My character didn't get a single sex scene this update. Still, if four months of development gives us 20% of chapter 2 with three sex scenes - one gated behind origin, so basically two for 75% of origins, that's not exactly encouraging.

You also already talk about burnout. Maybe rethink the scope and narrow it down before it crushes you down and your game ends up on the graveyard with heaps of other unfinished projects. I know, bleak, but I really liked the first release and was hoping you can deliver a finished product in a reasonable timeframe.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Sadly, this update was rather short and disappointing. Now I fully understand your situation is not ideal and that due to the nature of your game I won't see everything in a single play through. My character didn't get a single sex scene this update. Still, if four months of development gives us 20% of chapter 2 with three sex scenes - one gated behind origin, so basically two for 75% of origins, that's not exactly encouraging.

You also already talk about burnout. Maybe rethink the scope and narrow it down before it crushes you down and your game ends up on the graveyard with heaps of other unfinished projects. I know, bleak, but I really liked the first release and was hoping you can deliver a finished product in a reasonable timeframe.
Oh, I'm quite nervous that an update might seem "short" etc. As I've written before, it feels that way because of the absence of grind or any other repetitive activity.

Generally speaking, progress can be measured in objective numbers. Here are the story statistics 1.0 directly from the game engine:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here are the statistics for version 1.2:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In Chapter 1, for example, ~900 variables are responsible for changes in the dialogues.

In Chapter 2, they became + 425. But that's only ~20% of the chapter. I.e. from these numbers, you can understand that the variability has only increased. For 20% of Chapter 2, you make almost half of the full Chapter 1 choices.

Well, all those thousands of words won't write themselves, won't translate, and turn into code (because what you see in the game and what is "under the hood" - are not the same. Perhaps now you understand a bit better where months of work go.

Regarding you missing all the sex scenes. Um... then just don't miss them? At least the scene with Cadonis. You can always make a save, right?

Seriously, this scene is very important and many things will go further depending on whether it happened or not. But... these consequences are still in development. So what do you have to lose if you "give in" to him a little? You can always continue the game with another save where nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

ForeverLosing

Mar 26, 2022
Yesss. I was just wondering when this game would get an update. I'm sure the author met my high expectations of them.

kunIOIOIOIOIO

Jan 14, 2022
Ive noticed that after meeting Lasender in the smelting workshop, the tag for him and his wife doesn't appear after clicking north-west. If it helps I used the portraits alongside it so maybe it glitched or something

Actually I think If you choose Heiress certain options disappear like the Lasander one and stealing food from the farm

Last edited:

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Ive noticed that after meeting Lasender in the smelting workshop, the tag for him and his wife doesn't appear after clicking north-west. If it helps I used the portraits alongside it so maybe it glitched or something
You're right. What's more, I checked, this scene doesn't work even in 1.0, when it absolutely worked. It's not just strange, it's very strange, I haven't changed anything there for a very long time.

Trying to figure out what's wrong.

UPD. Damn it. I figured it out. Did you feed the protagonist? That was so long ago, I've already forgotten all the requirements for that scene myself xD

Last edited:
Reactions: kunIOIOIOIOIO

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Sorry, but overwiev didn't giving idea what is game about. :(

I understand nothing except 'bronze age passing'...

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I thought I was crazy I also noticed that with Survivor the Lasander option disappears with the north part of the village, yet the option to rob the farm remains I think the noble is the only one that has both options functioing, Im going to try with the vagrant to see if its possible
I updated that post. Everything works (I just forgot to feed the protagonist)

Here's a list of scene requirements:
* Finish the quest in the smelter.
* Lasander must not kick you out.
* Be satiated.
* The link to his conversation with his wife will disappear if you leave the location without clicking on it right away.

Reactions: kunIOIOIOIOIO
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes