kunIOIOIOIOIO

Jan 14, 2022
I updated that post. Everything works (I just forgot to feed the protagonist)

Here's a list of scene requirements:
* Finish the quest in the smelter.
* Lasander must not kick you out.
* Be satiated.
* The link to his conversation with his wife will disappear if you leave the location without clicking on it right away.
Yeah I realised after I read it properly now i feel dumb:KEK:

ABlackOcean

Apr 27, 2021
Sorry, but overwiev didn't giving idea what is game about. :(

I understand nothing except 'bronze age passing'...
You start as a female character somewhere in the woods of a fantasy/medieval setting,
after you chose basic stats, ethnics and background of your character.
Then you wander around, tryn to make a living/finding a place for yourself.
Your chosen background/stats vary the possible actions and conversation-options you can chose from.
It gets more interesting once you get to town and run into a bunch of characters and possible situations...

I THINK, the different options you chose from sometimes do not alter the path of actions but rather underline how you see yourself or how the NPCs see you/ talk to you.
I like that. Not everything one says always shifts the whole world ;)

Last edited:

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
Oh, I'm quite nervous that an update might seem "short" etc. As I've written before, it feels that way because of the absence of grind or any other repetitive activity.
I understand why it feels that way. The problem, at least for me, is that I have my character. I play her the way I want, and then I'm done with the update. I'm not going to create x different versions and then go hunt for alternate outcomes. So until I start another run with a different set of choices (ideally when the game is finished) I only see the part of update my decisions allow me to see, and it feels short, which isn't good.

Generally speaking, progress can be measured in objective numbers. Here are the story statistics 1.0 directly from the game engine:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here are the statistics for version 1.2:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In Chapter 1, for example, ~900 variables are responsible for changes in the dialogues.

In Chapter 2, they became + 425. But that's only ~20% of the chapter. I.e. from these numbers, you can understand that the variability has only increased. For 20% of Chapter 2, you make almost half of the full Chapter 1 choices.

Well, all those thousands of words won't write themselves, won't translate, and turn into code (because what you see in the game and what is "under the hood" - are not the same. Perhaps now you understand a bit better where months of work go.
Again, I'm not trying to say you didn't work hard on this update, just that from someone playing one character it might feel unsatisfying.

Regarding you missing all the sex scenes. Um... then just don't miss them? At least the scene with Cadonis. You can always make a save, right?

Seriously, this scene is very important and many things will go further depending on whether it happened or not. But... these consequences are still in development. So what do you have to lose if you "give in" to him a little? You can always continue the game with another save where nothing happened.
Sure, I can go back and not miss them, but I want my character to be confident enough to wear the costume and have zero interest in (C)Adonis.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Hey man, are the save files from 1.0 good for 1.2? Heard there's a weird bug going on, but I'm not sure of the details.
If the save from v 1.0, everything is fine. Problems may be with earlier versions (they were marked with a Ch. abbreviation for Chapters). Actually saves from those earlier versions are also safe if there was not that nasty bug. A description of "that nasty bug" you can read here, in Changelog (2022-10-31). Briefly - if there was no possibility to pick up options not from your origin = no bug, the save is valid.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I understand why it feels that way. The problem, at least for me, is that I have my character. I play her the way I want, and then I'm done with the update. I'm not going to create x different versions and then go hunt for alternate outcomes. So until I start another run with a different set of choices (ideally when the game is finished) I only see the part of update my decisions allow me to see, and it feels short, which isn't good.
Well, then you might want to wait until several updates come out before playing.

I don't have any options for speeding up development even more, except to turn into a robot. Reducing variability, adding loops in gameplay on the same scenes, or abandoning the multi-level dialogue system - I don't take into account. That's fantastic. I'd rather turn into a robot than do this to my game. A sexy one robot.

Again, I'm not trying to say you didn't work hard on this update, just that from someone playing one character it might feel unsatisfying.
I know people often mean "gimme more!" rather than "hey, lazy ass, work faster" when they write stuff like this... It's just, dunno... Not much that I actually can do about that.

Last edited:

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I think it's because she is actually a well written character and not the same old "virgin female mc is now doing gangbangs out of nowhere" trope that most female MC games is like around here lol
Well, I'm planning both gangbangs and group scenes in general. Actually, already from Chapter 2, but later. And, of course, there will be a decent plot twist to them.

zcbmmbcz

Nov 6, 2017
Hey, Defiant Explorer.

I don't mean to come off as condescending or anything negative. I'm writing this long ass blurb because I love this game and don't want it to die.

This is gonna mainly be addressing the monetization on Patreon, as Boones already made a great reply on the Update 1.2 post on Patreon.

I understand that you are frustrated, but please put yourself in the shoes of the players.

The H game community, as Boones has stated, has been burned way too many times with devs that push out a great initial game, then disappears. I mean, just look at the [Abandoned] tag here on F95. So far, this is the first content update other than the initial release. There has been no precedence to you releasing updates, or any proof that you will deliver the product at all. Not saying you aren't, just saying that other people won't know.

Missing a deadline also doesn't exactly put people at ease, and since the Patreon charge is monthly and not whenever you release an update, many people will think you're trying to milk them. Once again, I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying people may feel that way.

Besides, I don't believe we the players can legally force you to make the game, or even return the money. All the Patrons are giving you money on the promise that you'll deliver the product. This isn't like paying 15$ a month to FF14 or WoW, which has a full game attached to it. This is more like giving a stranger on the streets 5$ a month on the promise that they'll make a game.

My honest recommendation for growing your Patreon and also to keep those Patrons is to make consistent updates to the game. I know you don't want to do that, and want to release large updates, but in an industry like this it's hard to keep trust without being consistent.

And on another note, I honestly recommend to release updates that push the story forward further. Instead of releasing everything basically complete for that chapter, just release something that has most or all of the "main story" content then go back and add in the branching paths and different decisions/events/dialogue later. The way you're working, you might end up in development hell, and end up delaying updates due to you not finding the updates to be good enough.

Best example I can give is about another game called Female Agent (it's also on F95). I followed on its development like 5 years ago. For the first 3 or 4 years, the devs tried making a complete system that procedurally generates events and encounters, and because of that there were literally no content updates for like a good year or two. Then, they decided to literally scrap the initial content in order to create a customized backstory for the player character. They spent like another year or two on that.

Then, finally, they decided to scrap that whole backstory content and go back to the initial content and actually deliver on what the people want (which was to have the player character finally get to Bangkok and work undercover). And now, even though it's pretty damn linear, at least there's a game you can spend a couple hours playing.

So basically the devs spent 3 or 4 years (and 3-4 years worth of their Patrons' money) accomplishing essentially nothing.

As a final note, please take care of yourself and stay safe. Burnout is real, and if you need to take a break just make a post on Patreon explaining the situation and pause payments if you need to. They will understand. Better to be transparent than not.

PS: Another thing you could do is to release weekly or bi-weekly devlogs. That way the Patrons will at least know you're alive and still working on the game.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
zcbmmbcz

I'm not so much frustrated as worried. I absolutely don't want to give up developing. This story is already under my skin. I'm constantly thinking about these or other interesting situations, lines, characters, etc. All the time. Even while taking a shower. So I won't give up development, except in very critical situations.

Alas, I see the lack of funding as one of those threats. And I worry. The Inner Empire is a monstrously time-consuming undertaking. That is, even if I get a job (which in my circumstances is not easy at all), then I simply won't have time to develop the game decently. But if the financial situation doesn't improve, I'll be forced to look for other sources of income, and this puts all development at risk. And I wrote honestly about it. I'm sure if the game is worthy, people will support it. And if not, well, then so be it. The world won't stop.

And yes, I know that it costs more to support an author's projects than to buy corporate products. But an author's projects often contain things that big companies aimed at the masses avoid like fire. So it's worth it for someone. And I really hope for those someone.

The idea of moving forward, leaving unfinished tails, I'm afraid won't work in my game. Mainly because the choices made before determine the options available afterwards. And such situations already are in the game. And there will only be more of them.

I won't write anything bad about Female Agent. All I will say is that arts in the Inner Empire are an assisting thing. The main thing is the story, which is told through text, hence the main focus of my efforts. And that my art may seem simple to someone... Fine with me.

About burnout. Yes, there is a bit, I tried very hard to make it until January. I didn't do everything I planned (1.3) and I barely made 1.2. But... no need to worry. My creative tanks will soon be replenished again. As it has been many times before. In a few days I'll roll up my sleeves and get started on 1.3. Especially since the draft for it has already been written. It could be said ~ 1/3 of the work is already done.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes