Elo91

Apr 21, 2024
Thank you! It works!!

Or just invest 2 Insight points in Willpower and thus not play a willless character who is easily seduced...
Yeah I restarted the game and made my way there again to realize it was a really low requirement. I'd just spent all my inspirations before it the first time so I got pretty distressed about that. Sorry. x.x

Tbh I think this is a good design for a game, npc's can charm you too and that willpower should matter... it just really overwhelmed me that I had no choice in it the first time. But at least now I'll know to save up some inspirations for when it matters!

Edit: Oh I forgot! If anyone else comes here looking for this, on Firefox I just tapped F12, then typed SugarCube.State.active.variables.insight=10 into the console a few times and clicked on any link to refresh. I figured that was the safest & easiest option instead of changing xp's directly.

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I'm not from Kiev. As for my city, according to the mayor, all substations have been destroyed (last year they were only "damaged"). I have no idea how the city gets power at all, if that is correct. So there is no light not only based on a "regular" blackout schedule (in quotes, because the authorities do not follow it anyway) but also every day or two there are emergency shutdowns at any time, even at night. This morning such an emergency shutdown was only for an hour, but a couple of days ago it was for almost 12 hours.

I don't usually pedal this topic. Don't really want to mix politics, war, and other crap and my game. But it's directly affecting it now, so to remain silent is to be misleading.

Nevertheless, albeit at half speed, the game's development is moving forward. Just please don't ask for timelines. Right now it's literally, "as soon as it's done".
No idea you were from Ukraine!.

You say "Don't really want to mix politics, war, and other crap and my game". So just best wishes, for you and for your country.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
Played the 1.0 version and now the current version. The game has improved significantly in terms of content. There's is only one spot where I found a small error, I'll post a picture when I find it. Overall, great game and concept with no grinding or repetitive content.

zlefox

Feb 28, 2024
one minor bug on the "Sargon and Murella cooking" scene:
if $iomur is true there is indicator that insight go up,(line 35535) but the actual variable increase is set only on one path during link showing (line 35416) and not on the other 2 instances: line 35440 and line 35456. Maybe it would be better to place the variable increase only when showing the icon.
So far very interesting game. Thank you!

Reactions: Defiant Explorer

@Lonely Wolf

Mar 19, 2024
When is the next update?
Well; since nobody responds, I will allow myself to transcribe here the last response of Defiant Explorer on the subject (dated from June 1st). |----> /Yeah, work in progress, don't worry guys. I didn't make it last month, but I should make it this month. Almost certainly, unless (standard disclaimer in my circumstances) some shit happens. Anyway, it's ~80% done, however, the last 20% probably will be the most difficult, but that's okay.\ And there you go my good old gds21: as you can see, there is still no specific date planned. Nevertheless, if all goes well we should be able to enjoy of this famous update (the 1.7, finally finalized), from here the end of the month!&! [^-:)-^] So buddy: what do you think about that? Happy or not?+?

Last edited:

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Shit, guys. My email notifications of new posts in the thread seem to be turned off for some reason. So I was damn sure nothing new had been posted here xD

one minor bug on the "Sargon and Murella cooking" scene:
if $iomur is true there is indicator that insight go up,(line 35535) but the actual variable increase is set only on one path during link showing (line 35416) and not on the other 2 instances: line 35440 and line 35456. Maybe it would be better to place the variable increase only when showing the icon.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

When is the next update?
This month. Erm, probably? But there won't be a patron version this time (because I promised this when I thought the update was gonna be a small one), so it will be here right away.

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
zlefox

Checked right away. There's no bug. Briefly. If Selene talked to Iolanta about Murella in the golden fields and then chose to listen to Murella and Sargon talk at the campfire, then:

"[Insight +1] Taira must be that younger sister of Sargon and mother of Murella that Iolanta told me about. Interesting..."

Otherwise, there will be:

"Taira? Is that her mother?.. I don't think I've heard that name before..."

There's no insight because Selene isn't quite sure who they're talking about and hasn't learned anything "interesting".

But thanks anyway. I found a "...?" there instead of my usual "?.." at the end of the sentence and fixed it xD

UPD. Oh, no, you're right. There's a fork on Cadonis and, indeed, 2 of 3 options don't have a boolean line with +1 to insight. That's... That's Cadonis' fault! And it looks like it's time for me to get some sleep and not get dumb again.

P.S. The bug has already been fixed. It will be as it should be in the next update. Thank you.

Last edited:

Flooper

Jan 8, 2018
I was really really enjoying this until a scene where you go to wash off some pollen and suddenly you're literally forced into giving your virginity to the fucking creep in your party. There was a single option that required willpower 4 to select, which I'm guessing is the only way to avoid it? But that basically means I have to restart and be sure that I have 4 willpower for that one encounter. This is despite the fact that I am hostile towards him in every encounter where I'm able to be. This feels like such a kick in teh teeth, cause I genuinely find him super creepy and my character is utterly infatuated against my will, despite having nothing good to say to him up until that point. This feels completely out of place and put me off playing further if there are future skill checks that I need to minmax to prepare for in advance.... have I missed some obvious way to avoid this encounter? I've tried everything....

Reactions: @Lonely Wolf

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
have I missed some obvious way to avoid this encounter? I've tried everything....
Yes, you did. A very obvious one. Willpower is enough at level 1. But you have to use it with him right away (there is a dynamic check, which gradually increases up to 5 if you don't). Otherwise, changes include descriptions where Selene, even realizing and feeling dislike, is still physically attracted because she's being seduced. Yeah. Oopsie.

And by the way, nothing terrible (unless you count having sex as that, of course) will happen if she sleeps with him. No one's going to die. The earth won't stop. And even the sky will be in the same place. The subsequent possible, erm, romance, won't start without you, the player, decision. No checks with that.

@Lonely Wolf

Mar 19, 2024
I was really really enjoying this until a scene where you go to wash off some pollen and suddenly you're literally forced into giving your virginity to the fucking creep in your party. There was a single option that required willpower 4 to select, which I'm guessing is the only way to avoid it? But that basically means I have to restart and be sure that I have 4 willpower for that one encounter. This is despite the fact that I am hostile towards him in every encounter where I'm able to be. This feels like such a kick in teh teeth, cause I genuinely find him super creepy and my character is utterly infatuated against my will, despite having nothing good to say to him up until that point. This feels completely out of place and put me off playing further if there are future skill checks that I need to minmax to prepare for in advance.... have I missed some obvious way to avoid this encounter? I've tried everything....
Hey, hi to you Flooper! I can understand your frustration buddy, but don't bother too much with it. I mean, it's very simple though: indeed, in the Inner Empire ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that sucks is this fucking womanizer's fault!+! [-:ROFLMAO:-] No, seriously now: I notice that here we go again guys... A incredible hellish loop, this damn dude!!! You know D.E., it's only been six months since I discovered your awesome game but at this stage, I already feel like I've read with my own eyes DOZENS of complaints (at least) about this sacred (C)Adonis. Yup, it's well true. So, I assume that when you wrote this famous scene (a truly threat for the Selene's potential virginity, by the bye) for real you probably didn't expect SO MUCH negative reactions, right? Or is it just me who's totally wrong and in fact; you had foreseen/planned in advance such a hostile tidal wave from the players (perhaps a bit risky option, that one!)?&? {P.S. Otherwise Flooper, be aware that Defiant Explorer himself has regularly responded concerning <the slight problem of the seduction test> against Cadonis. Here's an example (dated from eight months ago): |---> /In fact, Willpower 1 is enough. There's a dynamic scale of the hidden parameter "seduction" (by Cadonis) in the code. The more Selene "misses" her tricks, the more seduction builds up the final Willpower check. The descriptions in the process change to reflect this. But if Willpower is 0, and a player doesn't put 2 Insight points into Willpower to raise it to at least 1 (and ignored all the "warning" descriptions), well... Cadonis gonna fuck Selene without fail, yeah. Sorry.

Willpower 0 is more for those who enjoy playing for a submissive protagonist. Anyone who wants a little more control shouldn't leave this ability at 0. For a dominant playstyle, you need a build with Willpower 3 or higher from the start.\}

Last edited:

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
So, I assume that when you wrote this famous scene (a truly threat for the Selene's potential virginity, by the bye) for real you probably didn't expect SO MUCH negative reactions, right?
To tell you the truth, no I didn't expect it. Especially not expected that some people would write entire scathing reviews over something as small as a young woman sleeping with perhaps not the best member of manhood. Like, young women never do that. And don't regret it afterward. Like, I didn't add the options where Selene thinks she made a mistake. But there are! Right there! Or am I forcing her into a romantic relationship with him after sex? Nope.

Furthermore, events change a lot whether Selene goes on the road with him afterward or stays with Iolanta. And that's entirely player choice, with no restrictions whatsoever.

Even so, I know that many people liked the option of having an affair with an obvious womanizer. And in my opinion, it makes the story more believable. I'm not even mentioning the fact that even in this case, Selene might cheat on him before he even has a chance to do it first. And more than once. And not even twice. And with the next update, three. And 2-3 more times after that. And who will be the baddy in this situation then, huh?

Shit, I have a game to make. There are 3 days left till the 5th, so sorry, I'm off to work.

Flooper

Jan 8, 2018
I did restart my game after my post, and did start with just the 1 willpower as stated. It was indeed enough to avoid being utterly swept up in him. After my first run-through the scene was written in such a way that I legitimately thought he was using some sort of magic to -force- that reaction; because that's how awkward it was. You get the option to tell him to fuck off in no uncertain terms and he just -interrupts- you and tells you to strip, and your only response is to do it. it reads more like a mind control scene than a seduction scene, since he's not remotely charming in anything he says or does...

Beyond that little gripe though, I did restart the game, and got through that scene without his STD batter inside me. Played through all of it til the end of current content and -deeply- love the story, and I just want more of it to be honest <3 I definitely want to get back together with the troupe so I can continue building those relationships. :)

The game until now is truly magnificent, I just think that one scene is very jarring as I said <3

Defiant Explorer

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I did restart my game after my post, and did start with just the 1 willpower as stated. It was indeed enough to avoid being utterly swept up in him. After my first run-through the scene was written in such a way that I legitimately thought he was using some sort of magic to -force- that reaction; because that's how awkward it was. You get the option to tell him to fuck off in no uncertain terms and he just -interrupts- you and tells you to strip, and your only response is to do it. it reads more like a mind control scene than a seduction scene, since he's not remotely charming in anything he says or does...

Beyond that little gripe though, I did restart the game, and got through that scene without his STD batter inside me. Played through all of it til the end of current content and -deeply- love the story, and I just want more of it to be honest <3 I definitely want to get back together with the troupe so I can continue building those relationships. :)

The game until now is truly magnificent, I just think that one scene is very jarring as I said <3
Uh-huh, that magic is called hormones and age. By the way, you didn't have to replay the whole first chapter. The cheapest way is to raise Willpower from 0 to 1 for 2 Insight points right on the character's page during the rehearsal scene. The more expensive way is to raise Willpower to level 1 before the sex scene with him and pay the extra difference in Insight (3-4 points) for choosing the dialog option that sends him to fuck off. Well, if virginity (or not sleeping with him) is thaaat important to you... Then pay the price, so to speak.

And also, now you know the feelings of all those NPCs you seduced with your 20+ charisma Bard.

Flooper

Jan 8, 2018
Uh-huh, that magic is called hormones and age. By the way, you didn't have to replay the whole first chapter. The cheapest way is to raise Willpower from 0 to 1 for 2 Insight points right on the character's page during the rehearsal scene. The more expensive way is to raise Willpower to level 1 before the sex scene with him and pay the extra difference in Insight (3-4 points) for choosing the dialog option that sends him to fuck off. Well, if virginity (or not sleeping with him) is thaaat important to you... Then pay the price, so to speak.

And also, now you know the feelings of all those NPCs you seduced with your 20+ charisma Bard.
By the time I got to that scene it would have taken 4 willpower to resist, and it's all done now anyways. <3

I'm more on the side of "get seduced". I can't wait until Master notices me <3 Or I finally get through the big burly protectors armor. Though his downstairs size is scary to think about.

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant Explorer
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes