Qdpb

Oct 17, 2018
they aren't a *real* anything - Like your life and "full time job", unlike you IAMA senior software engineer in Sweden at the ****, won't tell where of course. Nevermind.
WELL, the patreons will supporting in every month to 12/2020? You are a shame, a worthless "adult game".

---

Conservation over.
Does that mean you're leaving? You seem to be dedicating a lot of time to a game you think is worthless. Guess senior software engineers don't have a lot of stuff to do with their time when it's all made up

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
It is interesting to observe that the emotions surrounding Innocent Witches are much higher than in most other threads. I believe it is because everyone here WANTS it to be great, because we all do see something beautiful (like the artwork etc.).

What I do not get is this sense of entitlement in some of these statements: "they are earning all this money, and it was 2 years already, so they should produce quicker, and make a better game". Way I see it: most of us here are getting this game FOR FREE. Zero dollars, nada. Most of the time, we are not even waiting for public releases because someone shares a link beforehand. So why are some complaining about a free product that you should not even have gotten yet?

If you do not feel the need to support them on Patreon, then just don't. Currently, I don't either. If you still want to play the game for free, you can. BUT then - sorry guys - in my view you have lost your right to complain.

And please don't attack the Devs personally. They are chatting with us on a site which actively promotes pirating their product just to stay close to the fanbase. We can disagree with them, but not attack personally. Not cool.

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
It is interesting to observe that the emotions surrounding Innocent Witches are much higher than in most other threads. I believe it is because everyone here WANTS it to be great, because we all do see something beautiful (like the artwork etc.).

What I do not get is this sense of entitlement in some of these statements: "they are earning all this money, and it was 2 years already, so they should produce quicker, and make a better game". Way I see it: most of us here are getting this game FOR FREE. Zero dollars, nada. Most of the time, we are not even waiting for public releases because someone shares a link beforehand. So why are some complaining about a free product that you should not even have gotten yet?

If you do not feel the need to support them on Patreon, then just don't. Currently, I don't either. If you still want to play the game for free, you can. BUT then - sorry guys - in my view you have lost your right to complain.

And please don't attack the Devs personally. They are chatting with us on a site which actively promotes pirating their product just to stay close to the fanbase. We can disagree with them, but not attack personally. Not cool.
He's right. And I answer all PM's and such on Discord, I don't try to mistreat any of the fanbase, negative or otherwise. It's just not productive. I want to see everyone here enjoy the games they love and help shape the ones they don't into better games that they will. If you want to say something personally, you can just message me privately, I will read it, I will respond. I do take the time out to make sure that I read everything on the forum. Yes, a lot of negativity does get me down and doesn't help development, but it's a challenge and something that is a learning process. In the end, if it makes me a better person, then there is really no loss.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
anyone who does want to support them BUT does not want to get into this Patreon cycle (where you pay monthly regardless if there is a release or not): you can "buy" a release here ..
Think I might do that, next round..

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
He's right. And I answer all PM's and such on Discord, I don't try to mistreat any of the fanbase, negative or otherwise. It's just not productive. I want to see everyone here enjoy the games they love and help shape the ones they don't into better games that they will. If you want to say something personally, you can just message me privately, I will read it, I will respond. I do take the time out to make sure that I read everything on the forum. Yes, a lot of negativity does get me down and doesn't help development, but it's a challenge and something that is a learning process. In the end, if it makes me a better person, then there is really no loss.
Hey, at least you pay attention to us, for better or worse. That's a lot of the reason folks come to small teams like yours, because they're made to feel ignored by the big companies.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Ah
anyone who does want to support them BUT does not want to get into this Patreon cycle (where you pay monthly regardless if there is a release or not): you can "buy" a release here ..
Think I might do that, next round..
Ah, didn't know he was on itch.io! Cool, I'll check it out... Sadly I've got more pressing stuff to buy... Made friends with the Love in Space staff after pirating their visual novel, Shining Song Starnova... So I need to buy it q.q

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
and to those saying "Lel this guy is the biggest conman on this site!" I'd like to direct you here
https://f95zone.to/threads/amity-park-v0-5a-gzone.4262/
and here
https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-hunter-trainer-vfresh-spring-team-borsch.4758/
I'm sorry but will you really compare two games that have some content and the story with this? The game that is ONE YEAR OLDER than both of those? Really?!

I mean, I really don't care - I considered this game a major scam for more than a year because that was the only thing that can explain this horrible mess with at least twenty complete remakings of... menus? ...more menus?

I know there are some new names now in here and I would like to wish them good luck but I'm really not sure why they wanted their rep tarnished by this...

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I'm sorry but will you really compare two games that have some content and the story with this? The game that is ONE YEAR OLDER than both of those? Really?!

I mean, I really don't care - I considered this game a major scam for more than a year because that was the only thing that can explain this horrible mess with at least twenty complete remakings of... menus? ...more menus?

I know there are some new names now in here and I would like to wish them good luck but I'm really not sure why they wanted their rep tarnished by this...
This one tries to change, and doesn't hide its patreon funds. If Sad Crab was as crooked as you thought, why would they show their patreon funds?

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
This one tries to change, and doesn't hide its patreon funds. If Sad Crab was as crooked as you thought, why would they show their patreon funds?
Do you know how many devs are taking their patrons' money and doing nothing? Gumdrop Games is also showing how much he earns - you should really check that story.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Chromechro

Jun 7, 2018
As stated, max save along with a hotfix version is out.

Here is the max save for it.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 761, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1791, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\SimSim\Desktop\Ren'Py\Innocent_Witches-0.4B-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1709, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Innocent Witches 0.4B
Mon Aug 05 00:43:01 2019

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Maxed save, had to redo the way I was making it. Not sure why. 500 gold, all achieves, starts at chapter 5 waifu selection.

(We are just going to add it so we can do this automatically going forward)

Only works for the 0.4B Hotfix release, sorry!

Last edited:

sinodan

Dec 10, 2017
Maxed save, had to redo the way I was making it. Not sure why. 500 gold, all achieves, starts at chapter 5 waifu selection.

(We are just going to add it so we can do this automatically going forward)
For some reason it didn't work with an error screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
For some reason it didn't work with an error screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, I have tested it on a freshly installed game. It works.

Install, create saves folder, place it inside. Make sure you delete your appdata/roamin/renpy/innocentwitches and your persistent data.

I also just tested it again, no issues. Make sure you grab the second save I posted, I fucked up the first one.

3.00 star(s) 320 Votes