Feb 28, 2019
Is this the remake where the developer completely destroys their game and loses the will to fix it properly, then yeets off never to be seen again?
A game being redone from the ground up even in the AAA industry leads to calamity and ending up as unfinished garbage with mixed Steam reviews.

That's a wrap, boys.

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
This is a new game entirely now and you should make another thread for it.
RIP Cave Party. Welcome...weird male protag discount bin game (absolutely the stupidest idea you could've had but whatever).
Same game my man, I removed the mechanics you were disliking, the item handling, and focused more on eroge elements. Looks a bit different but I found it easier and more interesting to stop copying Captivity's artstyle and actually draw. Sorry for this version being kinda raw, I wanted to post something. I'll make couple improvements in the following weeks and release a more content version, +3 sex scenes (1 new enemy boy+girl variations and futa vamp), and a switchable female protag. It's all good.

Feb 28, 2019
Same game my man, I removed the mechanics you were disliking, the item handling, and focused more on eroge elements. Looks a bit different but I found it easier and more interesting to stop copying Captivity's artstyle and actually draw. Sorry for this version being kinda raw, I wanted to post something. I'll make couple improvements in the following weeks and release a more content version, +3 sex scenes (1 new enemy boy+girl variations and futa vamp), and a switchable female protag. It's all good.

Noctis_

May 12, 2020
Will there be a futa protag option as well? Or maybe an option to make the male protag more of a femboy?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, last time you were on this thread you weren't exactly treated well, are you uh, okay? I'm just a bit curious as to what brought you back or gave you the drive to keep working on the game. I'm not complaining however, I still think the game looks great and am very excited to see the rest of it's development.

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
really liking the concept so far, I love games like these.
is it really short rn or am I missing something?

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
Will there be a futa protag option as well? Or maybe an option to make the male protag more of a femboy?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, last time you were on this thread you weren't exactly treated well, are you uh, okay? I'm just a bit curious as to what brought you back or gave you the drive to keep working on the game. I'm not complaining however, I still think the game looks great and am very excited to see the rest of it's development.
Trap protag is guaranteed. I want to make like 8-12 playable characters in the end, you'll be able to switch between them through sleeping in bed.

Haters gonna hate so it's fine. At the end of the day they're gonna be playing my game regardless of what they say now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Batface and Noctis_

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
Hey there, it's been a long while since I took at look at this project, and I'm honestly surprised to see the changes. I believe I don't feel as strongly about the changes as some people are, though I get where they're coming from, there was quite the charm with the original one, as well as huge expectations that were backed with a good start.

I have some imediate feedback regarding the current build, I know it's been rushed, so that's why it's quite rough around the edges.

1. I believe that to make the enemies hurt the PC on contact is a bad idea, this game has a stamina bar and the movement is not smooth digital like megaman or cuphead. Making them collide with the player as to make a physical barrier so he can't just run past them is fine, but to hurt on contact will require fine tuning with the size of the hit and hurtboxes that I believe are not worth it, and the game will be less fun overall like that. Some specific enemies that hurt on contact, that sinalize that with their design would be a good addition later.

2. Considering the point above, make some atacking animations with at least a slight wind up, and with that they may knock the player down, or stun him, or cause a specific effect, etc.

3. This one is not so much a suggestions as it is a commentary. I believe one of the strong points of the Captivity aesthetic style, was how easy it was to expand upon, modulate and use with skeletal animations, where you don't need to redraw the whole sprite. It looked a bit goofy while static, but on motion it looked good. The new look I believe don't work as well in that regard, though the dev may feel free to prove me wrong. I can expand a bit upon this if the dev or someone is interested on my take. I personally like big headed expressive characters, but if the characters themselves are not going make a variety of expressions, I believe there isn't much reason to make the head big.

4. Regarding the player attack animation, I don't know why, but very often while throwing the attack, and apparently hitting the enemy, the PC is still hurt and the enemy walks away scot free. I don't know how the dev made the collision system, this situation may be the case to shrink or take the players hurtbox a bit back on the attack animation.

Anyway, keep going strong dev, even if remakes like these don't show a clear vision for the project on the longterm, it does show quite the work ethic as doing stuff like this takes a ton of work, also shows versatility. And even so, I remember you saying you wanted to include combat on the game, so it's all that far from the original prototype. I believe the bartending mini-game would do just fine with groundwork that's there, I think the others aren't seeing that. Though if you're not interested in making it, it's also fine.

Edit: This stuff is just my opinion btw.

Last edited:

bebroeater

May 7, 2022
Played the game, and it's aight I guess.
There's very very little content, but the content that is there, ranges from okayish to fine.
Combat seems kinda clunky for now. The sword having a cooldown is fine as I assume you'll be using multiple weapons later on. The swing animation does move you forward a bit so you can hit an enemy and get hit yourself at the same time. I do think that right now the cooldown shouldn't be as long as it is, maybe using less weapons decreases cooldowns or something like that. The AI is also pretty dumb, you could strike them from behind and when they get out of stun they won't turn around or anything like that, they'll just stare in the same direction the were staring before getting stunned. The movement is also not the best, it's not bad but considering enemies deal contact damage it should be better in my opinion. Once you get knocked out you have some time until the enemy forces you into a sex scene, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get out of them. I tried holding shift and mashing Z,X,C and W,A,S,D but it didn't really do anything. And after a sex scene it seems like you're softlocked, unless I missed something. The art is fine, I don't really have a problem with it. The story isn't anything special so far, but to be fair there's been like a few lines of it. Overall right now, it's okay, not really worth checking out right now as there's not much content. It has potential to be fun if the movement system and combat systems are tweaked and there would be a way to not get softlocked after sex scenes. And if there's a way to not get softlocked, please make it more intuitive.

Reactions: Joody14
3.10 star(s) 23 Votes