Eclite

Jan 28, 2019
In all honesty, I don't care if this game gets turned into another MGQ scroller. Just make sure to patch the issues.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
View attachment 2268299
does he look like a child to you as well
He's probably referring to the parody in scale between the character heads and the rest of the body, which in this context more closely resembles children are typically rendered. I'd have to agree with the notion that this is a bit jarring given the otherwise adult age of everyone in game. Let's not beat around the bush...this look is not going to be popular to quite a few folks, especially compared to the previous versions' appearance. It doesn't necessarily mean they are right and you would be wrong to disagree with them. It is what it is. I get that this is your show, granted, but this is the reality of public opinion.

In any case, given the general nature of most people's responses to this latest build, try to ignore the negative criticism. At the same time, try to avoid the instinct of also ignoring feedback and keep an open mind about what anyone finds out of place from build to build. Just because they find something off doesn't mean they are just bitching to bitch. Either way, good luck with your game. Like I said before, I will likely lurk around and keep an eye on this one.

DerWahreKing

Dec 29, 2021
My brother... What have you done? The Game was sooo cool before the remake. It had so much potencial, the old style/gameplay/setting/theme was really great and you I thought a couple of months ago that this game will "blow" in F95.

Now this is a true "look how you massacred my boy" moment :(

Spodeo

Jun 1, 2019
Imma eat the face of the next person who makes a statement about my game being bad
I like the new style a little more than the previous version but it is kinda odd how the game was completely changed instead of just being a different game entirely. Like I said though I do think this version has potential but it is hard to judge since it's such an early version, I'm excited to see what you do with this :)

Reactions: Joody14

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
I like the new style a little more than the previous version but it is kinda odd how the game was completely changed instead of just being a different game entirely. Like I said though I do think this version has potential but it is hard to judge since it's such an early version, I'm excited to see what you do with this :)
Nothing changed, I removed things that were annoying to people and reworked them + changed art-style. The main idea is still there, it's a life-sim sandbox. Working in tavern will be possible in later versions. I stated multiple times that Cave Party is not about the tavern at all and it was just a convenient setting to test stuff, but people here are adamant it's not the case and they actually know my game better than I do, so they bombard this thread with 1-star review because I'm... making changes and continue developing?

It is all early development and things can change in the blink of an eye. Why would I pursue copying Perveloper's style if it's hard and time-consuming for me to do so, I'd rather just change the art style to something I feel is easier and more fun to me.

But yeah glad you liked it, I'll release 0.0.7 in couple weeks.

Spodeo

Jun 1, 2019
Nothing changed, I removed things that were annoying to people and reworked them + changed art-style. The main idea is still there, it's a life-sim sandbox. Working in tavern will be possible in later versions. I stated multiple times that Cave Party is not about the tavern at all and it was just a convenient setting to test stuff, but people here are adamant it's not the case and they actually know my game better than I do, so they bombard this thread with 1-star review because I'm... making changes and continue developing?

It is all early development and things can change in the blink of an eye. Why would I pursue copying Perveloper's style if it's hard and time-consuming for me to do so, I'd rather just change the art style to something I feel is easier and more fun to me.

That makes sense I didn't really look at the previous pages so I didn't see what you had previously said I'm happy you're doing what makes you happy and changing the art style into something of your own. Some people get really bothered by change esp in games and I'll admit I was put off at first as well when I first saw it cause I could've sworn I've seen the game before, but like you said this game is still in really early development and is more like a template to test some ideas so change is just a thing that is going to happen to this game.

PLPM

Apr 18, 2021
Don´t take too seriously what you see here. Sure, these are words of actual people.

But this is your game and following your own convictions is more important, for the end product will have passion in its veins.
While disregarding others can appear mean, it can mean the difference between a healthy state of mind and one that is not.

So I have no issue if you disregard this post, as long as you stay true to your wishes and stay healthy... even if this became another gay furry VN game somehow, there are things in art that should not be sacrificed.

pearsona

Sep 18, 2022
Wow, that art style is completely different! Almost maple story-esque. I think it no longer appeals to me, which is fine. Hope development goes smoothly in the future!

Reactions: holyApex

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017

I'll be honest I also thought it was a tavern waitress game and when you replied to one of my first comments way back on page 2 or 3 of this thread (can't remember now) saying it wasn't that really confused me as well

Also worth bearing in mind ----> perspective

You have the perspective of firstly know what you are creating and secondly having wrote multiple times here that this isn't a tavern waitressing game and that is just the initial testing level

But the players do not have that same perspective, they don't know your thoughts nor will they have necessarily read through the now 22 pages of replies here. Heck they may have just read the OP and that's all

Had you put either in the game overview or in the dev notes an explanation of what this game was then this confusion never would have happened. Instead overview is vague and dev notes even more vague;
1673276651152.png

So you can't really blame the players for being confused

and changelog isn't helping as it literally says "remade game from scratch"
1673276700753.png

Which would indicate to players that initially it was planned as a tavern game and you've changed your mind and remade the game from scratch

And before you reply to me, just bear in mind - I am not criticising you I think your game is awesome and I am happy to see it be expanded to what I guess your original vision always was for the game and not just be a waitress tavern game

I am just pointing out why the confusion exists and perhaps giving advice on how to avoid future confusion, if you update the dev notes and game overview descriptions it will go a long way towards avoiding future confusion

At this stage I would honestly even recommend to put in dev notes that the tavern level of the earlier builds was a test level and will later become a side quest or whatever of for the main game

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I'll be releasing an update by the end of January in which tavern makes a return, as a place to earn money in. Everything is great and I think after v0.0.7 there will be no need to explain anything. Glad you liked the game.
On an unrelated note, on v0.0.6.1 I'm struggling against first encounter, so after sleeping and waking up the first time and town is now full of succubus. I try to attack but get knocked down instantly and then can't seem to find button or keymash to escape and then once fully drained is there a respawn or continue option or you have to fully restart game for now?

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
On an unrelated note, on v0.0.6.1 I'm struggling against first encounter, so after sleeping and waking up the first time and town is now full of succubus. I try to attack but get knocked down instantly and then can't seem to find button or keymash to escape and then once fully drained is there a respawn or continue option or you have to fully restart game for now?
It is kinda hard to time attacks properly in this version. You can try using vertical safe spaces I made, jump up the ladder near the tavern to escape the chase. You can stand up by holding down shift, it drains your stamina and depletes the pink bar, once the pink bar is empty you wake up. But escaping after being caught is impossible, just restart the game through ESC > Restart Level.

Last edited:

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
v0.0.7 is half-done. There is a female protag (male protag has shapeshifting abilities so he can change gender at will), a lot of new fancy stuff, futa vamps, save and load system and etc, I'll be going into details with a changelog on release. The hardest part is done I believe, now I'll be working on adding two new locations, tavern, shops and an ability to complete the episode and win. Here's some gameplay from the first location.
futa vamps....
Screenshot 2023-01-10 160809.jpg

3.10 star(s) 23 Votes