DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
So. It saids go east. I went East. There is wall and dead end. Says there is female transformation, but don't see that? Says you can save, but I don't know? Am I missing things here?

Voidd

Apr 16, 2018
So. It saids go east. I went East. There is wall and dead end. Says there is female transformation, but don't see that? Says you can save, but I don't know? Am I missing things here?
After you get your present & go back to bed you have a dream, telling you what's happened. After that you can save by sleeping at the bed. There are enemies outside, they'll have different "equipment" based on whether or not you drank the potion in the wardrobe in your room. You can also change your gender at the bed.

There is still no new location as dev has stated, but imo i'm loving the direction this game is going in, even though there's not much content yet

SBT01

Jan 25, 2020
After you get your present & go back to bed you have a dream, telling you what's happened. After that you can save by sleeping at the bed. There are enemies outside, they'll have different "equipment" based on whether or not you drank the potion in the wardrobe in your room. You can also change your gender at the bed.

There is still no new location as dev has stated, but imo i'm loving the direction this game is going in, even though there's not much content yet
After sleeping, you can only "die" from enemies or is there more content?

Flooper

Jan 8, 2018
Like all game-enjoyers and flesh-bags in general, I don't always like change. And this is another one of those times. I was following each update of cave-party, and loved the direction it was going... This new version, I dunno yet.. It's obviously too early to tell, but so far I'm not a fan. The artstyle for me, is not as satisfying, and combat can be such a double-edged sword. If it's not enjoyable and turns out to be a decent chunk of the game, it will feel like it's just in the way. So far it's in that category. I am also disheartened to see that prostitution is not in the "main focus" list. I really liked that struggle between need to make money, and trying to cling to dignity...

Will still keep an eye out, but it'll probably be quite a few versions before I return to this one... hoping for the best though.

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
Ok, nice update, I appreciate the changes very much. The delay for the enemies to notice you, and how you implemented their attacks was done very well (you can still can get sucker kicked while leaving the door to your house though, maybe a slight timer related to when the player changes rooms/scenarios that must end before the enemies can attack might be a useful addition, depending on how you design the levels/stages in the future), I really appreciate the fact that you can actually juke the attacks using the sprint.

I liked the atmosphere, the overall sound design, the fact that you can push dialogue forward with the interact button now too (if you could before and I didn't notice, my bad). I also like the gender swap animation, it's somewhat gruesome but it fits the circumstance, the PC just learned it, so it shouldn't be smooth or easy.

Some things I'd like to note

1. The enemy kick turns their whole body into a hitbox that can hit the player, I don't think that is ideal, I believe the hitbox of the kick should be kept on the kick itself, with balances to it coming later as necessary (if for example that makes the attack so easily avoidable with a jump that it becomes trivial, but considering the stamina system, even if it was easy to dodge, it'd still end with a cost to the player as jumps are not stamina free). Fighting games are a good example on how to design this ( );

2. Sleeping doesn't restore the player's health. But saving and sleeping, and later loading that save will restore your health and also reset the character's gender back to male;

3. The female PC would look really cute with short hair too. And I wouldn't mind having to take the character to a hairdresser to do this, if you want to make the hair growth an unchangeable staple (some people might find it obnoxious though, one thing you could do if you implement character customization in the future is to give the option to customize both the male and female forms of the shapeshifter character);

4. Not so much a note as a genuine question. For now is there no way to recover agency with your character after he's knocked out/health reduced to 0? Also, in a scenario like this, where the PC is sexually knocked out by a monster (like these succubuses), what does the dev have in mind for the PC to happen in a gameplay and story scenario, straight to game over or something else? (if you want to keep it a surprise, that's fine too).

Also, I'm still eager to see the future of this project, wish the dev luck and a good time making the game, keep up the good work.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but the groin kick was a surprise, it gave me a good laugh.

Reactions: Joody14

viniplay5000

Oct 6, 2017
there was a change of personnel because the game had a choice if you wanted a man or a woman, now they take the woman

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. Changing the hitbox for enemy attacks is a good idea, I'll check it out. After losing you'll get various outcomes, depends on the enemy. Losing to a vampire will result in a severe punishment, but I don't ever plan to straight up "kill" the player. Next update should make a huge difference in how the game is played and hopefully shush everyone who's doubting me here.

KopNob

Aug 14, 2019
I saw the previous game... people actually like that?
The new direction feels much better, it's an entire actual animation instead of that weird "Go Animate" or what it is called.
Well crafted pixel art for me beats any other type of animation or look.
People, making assumptions here, don't dislike the style change, but the 180 of the entire point of appeal.
Started as a grounded, medieval themed humiliation/prostitution sim, now it is some fuckboy vs futa-whatevers fantasy platformer, which they're already a whole bunch off (well I guess the male MC is semi rare).
Considering the fact that future furry avatars are mentioned, before the female one is even fully implemented, doesn't inspire confidence either.
Cartoonish fetish games do probably play well in terms of getting people to spend money on it, so not necessarily a bad business idea, but as a premise it is now pretty unoriginal/uninspired, which I personally rank higher than it being a semi-passable early development side scroller, and apparently I am not alone.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Ok you know what imma take a small break and make a game about you guys, I bet you'd like it more. Give me like 2 more days
Why are you getting upset at a simple explanation of someone's viewpoint? He said it in the most calm and civil way possible and wasn't even responding to you in the first place.

Just tone the ego down a little, man. You should expect not everybody's going to like it when you completely shift the focus of your game.

Joody14

Jul 26, 2022
Why are you getting upset at a simple explanation of someone's viewpoint? He said it in the most calm and civil way possible and wasn't even responding to you in the first place.

Just tone the ego down a little, man. You should expect not everybody's going to like it when you completely shift the focus of your game.
I don't care if you don't like it tho, just leave, I don't need to read how upset you are with me making a decision, it's not like I am asking you for your opinion or making a vote if I should change the art style or not. This thread is not about your viewpoints.

May 25, 2017
Ok you know what imma take a small break and make a game about you guys, I bet you'd like it more. Give me like 2 more days
OH OH CAN I BE THE PROTAG?

In all seriousness, I didn't play the original version so I don't really know the criticism of changing styles. I do know however, that the concept of the different avatars is interesting, especially if each story has it's own brand of fetishes. Double points if each avatar has their own gameplay style.

Last edited:

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I don't care if you don't like it tho, just leave, I don't need to read how upset you are with me making a decision, it's not like I am asking you for your opinion or making a vote if I should change the art style or not. This thread is not about your viewpoints.
With how upset you get, you obviously do care. Unless you're actually trying to tell me making a game for your perceived "haters" is not caring? Also kinda weird you're accusing me of being upset when I haven't even talked about the changes at all.

This thread is for discussing things related to the game. That means people can share what they think of it and the problems they have with it. If this wasn't the case, half the posts on this forum would be gone. If you dislike it so much, take your own advice and leave the thread. It wasn't made just to coddle and inflate your ego.

EmptyBottle

Jan 14, 2019
The new artstyle is petty good, I admire the better detailing in the characters. You say that you still want this to be a life sim, are the pregnancy mechanics still in the plans?

loup5264

Jun 11, 2020
OH OH CAN I BE THE PROTAG?

In all seriousness, I didn't play the original version so I don't really know the criticism of changing styles. I do know however, that the concept of the different avatars is interesting, especially if each story has it's own brand of fetishes. Double points if each avatar has their own gameplay style.
Original was pretty stale. You just pass drinks in a bar and like 1 horny scene. Characters looked a lot like "captivity".

ssstevesinthehouse

Oct 2, 2019
You posted your game on an active public forum my friend, and you're reading through the thread. If you're going to do both of those things you have to accept that you'll come across people who have tried your game and don't like it, or don't agree with some part of your vision. It's going to really mess with your head in the long run if you take it so personally when you come across negative comments. Wish you all the best with development buddy

3.10 star(s) 23 Votes