Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.65] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Next update will include a scene with urination. Should a toggle be added to skip urination part?

• No, let it rain

Votes: 115 16.5%
  • Yes, default to ON

Votes: 296 42.5%
  • Yes, default to OFF

Votes: 286 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Thank you for the deep feedback :).

That softlock issue is honestly vexing for me, it seems it is affecting some people, but not everyone and I couldn't yet reproduce it on my side, I'm starting to think that it might be hardware or driver related. But the space/enter solution is even more confusing because I'm not listening to those keys in the game systems, I know the engine captures them for UI purposes, but should in no way impact the scenes, but apparently it does, so there is something happening behind the scenes that I'm completely clueless about.

The parasite scenes unfortunately are the same. The original game only has scenes for one parasite. I may attempt to change this in the future, but only after completing the remake roadmap.

Regarding the crafting recipes. They are the same as the original game mostly, I've only now started making my own tweaks, so I'll take your loot and crafting suggestions into consideration on my next tweaks.

For the partial items, maybe increasing resources on crafting would be enough, for example, crafting anti parasites could yield 3 bottles instead of only one. Super items could also be added later. These would for example heal 100% or remove all parasites in a single use.

The Wharf Roaches will yield Insect Mucus in the future as well and I may remove that as a drop from Jellyfishes, since once the Sewer is implemented there will be more 2 sources for that drop.

I believe the lewdness refiner is very partial already, you can go up to 9 lewdness levels, with 3 being the first threshold and 6 the second.

In terms of a lewdness meter, it could be Leah's portrait itself, with the face changing for every threshold level and a different face when you are at max lewdness, because that is used as a trigger for several systems.

Letting Leah's portrait change depending on lewdness levels is a good idea that isn't immersion breaking.

Honestly jellyfish dropping INSECT mucus was always a bit strange. However if you take it away from them you should give them something else to drop. Something worth while since they are far removed from the other creatures with their own area. Maybe a component of the super potion or you can craft a ring from the tentacles that increases bandages and medicine effects by 100 %.

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
After 2nd sex scene during a fight the game freezes, I can still hear background sounds having to use task manager to force close the program. Enemies are either too tanky kinda annoying may as well be using a nerf gun to fight needs balancing.

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
Having read Monki0 and Veilwolf I can say that I am 90% sure that we are having the same problem, I have kept trying different ways to activate the bug and I think that the skip itself is not the problem but the speed with which we are passing the dialogs, you see, while testing I realized that the faster you remove a dialog the weirder the game behaves, the dialogs repeat, the H scenes also repeat, the dialogs overlap in the H scenes and that's when the game is also prone to freeze.
I upload some videos of how this happens in a battle against all the types of insect there are and how it happens with the mushroom scene.

With the parasite scene no matter what I have done this does not seem to happen, so that scene seems to be the only one free of this bug.
View attachment Grabación de pantalla 2024-07-23 170540.mp4
View attachment Grabación de pantalla 2024-07-23 171225.mp4
View attachment Grabación de pantalla 2024-07-23 171430.mp4
View attachment Grabación de pantalla 2024-07-23 171635.mp4

Reactions: Monki0

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
And yes, I tried going at a slower pace with the dialogs by letting them end first and the game works perfectly, it's touching any part of the screen while the dialog is playing for it to end and then touching the ok button for the next dialog, this seems to be the only way to avoid the game to freeze with this bug.

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
In fact, this problem gave me the idea to let the scenes keep playing even when the dialogue appears, I think it helps with the immersion and it looks much better than just to let it stay static, I don't know, I leave it as a possible addition XD.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
After 2nd sex scene during a fight the game freezes, I can still hear background sounds having to use task manager to force close the program. Enemies are either too tanky kinda annoying may as well be using a nerf gun to fight needs balancing.
Having read Monki0 and Veilwolf I can say that I am 90% sure that we are having the same problem, I have kept trying different ways to activate the bug and I think that the skip itself is not the problem but the speed with which we are passing the dialogs, you see, while testing I realized that the faster you remove a dialog the weirder the game behaves, the dialogs repeat, the H scenes also repeat, the dialogs overlap in the H scenes and that's when the game is also prone to freeze.
I upload some videos of how this happens in a battle against all the types of insect there are and how it happens with the mushroom scene.

With the parasite scene no matter what I have done this does not seem to happen, so that scene seems to be the only one free of this bug.
And yes, I tried going at a slower pace with the dialogs by letting them end first and the game works perfectly, it's touching any part of the screen while the dialog is playing for it to end and then touching the ok button for the next dialog, this seems to be the only way to avoid the game to freeze with this bug.
In fact, this problem gave me the idea to let the scenes keep playing even when the dialogue appears, I think it helps with the immersion and it looks much better than just to let it stay static, I don't know, I leave it as a possible addition XD.
I appreciate the in depth testing from your side -Ben- .

I have to further test this out on my own to eventually find out the problem. Right now I don't understand what is causing this, but having the videos I will have an easier time trying to replicate.

Reactions: EonKain and -Ben-

Drybear

Aug 31, 2020
I noticed some comments mentioning difficulty-- I would be hesitant on making this game any easier or the grind less grindy rn since the only objective in this game is "get gear" and no ending has ever been introduced, without any grind there's little to do. Of course if/when we reach ver 1.0 enemy variants / new enemies / new items would totally change my opinion on that. Keep it up

Reactions: JustAl and eroism

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
So I keep deleting my saves, by pressing the big 'play' button and selecting my previously saved game... (that big arrow that look like a play button is the new game button)

could you please make it a bit harder to wipe your whole save? happened to me three time and I'm kinda done trying to replay through the early grind ...

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I finally understood the problem, and you are right, speed is the key :LOL:. The reason for my inability to reproduce the bug was because I already fixed it on my development version by pure accident when attempting to fix the auto battle hard lock.

Essentially the problem happens when one of the enemies starts a scene and the next enemy also attempts to start a scene. The second scene crashes silently because of some "guardian code" that ensures that only one scene is running at a time, and this crash literally interrupts the battle from processing any further actions from the enemies. v0.65 will have this fixed as well :cool:.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
So I keep deleting my saves, by pressing the big 'play' button and selecting my previously saved game... (that big arrow that look like a play button is the new game button)

could you please make it a bit harder to wipe your whole save? happened to me three time and I'm kinda done trying to replay through the early grind ...
That is a good point that I overlooked. I'll add a prompt to confirm saving over an already existing save file. This should deter most accidents hopefully.

I'll try and add this with v0.65, however I already have a lot of things in v0.65, so I'm not sure if it won't be pushed to v0.70, if that is the case I ask that you be careful with starting new saves for 1 more version :).

Reactions: salaciane

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
That is a good point that I overlooked. I'll add a prompt to confirm saving over an already existing save file. This should deter most accidents hopefully.

I'll try and add this with v0.65, however I already have a lot of things in v0.65, so I'm not sure if it won't be pushed to v0.70, if that is the case I ask that you be careful with starting new saves for 1 more version :).

Yeah I'm saving to multiple save files now, so if I wipe one I don't loose it all x)

• Haha
Reactions: eroism

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
Great, it's good to know that it's not something super problematic to solve and that it won't be a terrible programming burden :D; a small suggestion, is it possible to add something on screen to know all the time what day it is? the truth is a bit annoying to have to enter the status whenever I want to know what day it is :whistle:.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Great, it's good to know that it's not something super problematic to solve and that it won't be a terrible programming burden :D; a small suggestion, is it possible to add something on screen to know all the time what day it is? the truth is a bit annoying to have to enter the status whenever I want to know what day it is :whistle:.
That is a good suggestion, I usually only check the day after attempting to enter Rumia's shop and failing to do so. Maybe an element similar to the turn counter during battles, but with the weekday instead.

ac130!!!

Sep 2, 2022
two small bugs i've encountered:
leather knuckles:
when using the leather knuckles and fast attacking an enemy which is last alive (and dies to the first hit) you kill the enemy and then the fight carries on without any enemies (happened to me with wharf roaches)
wharf roach:
when viewing the full scene (in a fight) all the way to the end (eggs everywhere) the forest buttons (explore, return to cabin... etc) appear and the fight also carries on

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
two small bugs i've encountered:
leather knuckles:
when using the leather knuckles and fast attacking an enemy which is last alive (and dies to the first hit) you kill the enemy and then the fight carries on without any enemies (happened to me with wharf roaches)
wharf roach:
when viewing the full scene (in a fight) all the way to the end (eggs everywhere) the forest buttons (explore, return to cabin... etc) appear and the fight also carries on
I've witnessed those bugs, and they're oddly playable but I can see the perceived issue.

1) I've noticed the game hang when the fight should end, but after waiting a while (I held right-click to queue 8x speed), the battle abruptly ends after the hang since nothing is able to attack.
2) Yes, if you view the entire roach scene then transition into the "More" option, the time of day changes (lighting included), and you're back in battle with the buttons to navigate still there. Attempting to navigate away from the fight will definitely softlock the game but you can fight as intended and it works out.

Other feedback from me: I might hate grind but I admit, the game's got nothing but since it's a revival of a dead game and it might not get more art. Sadly the charm of battle balance wore off once I realized grind was all there was and I eventually could trivialize fights after maximizing what gear I had (coat, kite shield, bow, gloves). I can't tell what's the better combat weapon between the gloves and knife, but I'm inclined to say gloves because I can hold back to prepare my attack and hit 2 enemies, which is essentially a heavy attack worth of damage but on 2 targets and on fast speed so parry risk return is low. A dagger can probably one-shot but I might get parried from a boosted heavy attack so... maybe not so good.

My only gripe is probably the gripe... the game's art is not easy to add to given the circumstances. There's also a lack of point to the entirety of roach enemies besides the scenes. What's the deal with the big one?

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I've witnessed those bugs, and they're oddly playable but I can see the perceived issue.

1) I've noticed the game hang when the fight should end, but after waiting a while (I held right-click to queue 8x speed), the battle abruptly ends after the hang since nothing is able to attack.
2) Yes, if you view the entire roach scene then transition into the "More" option, the time of day changes (lighting included), and you're back in battle with the buttons to navigate still there. Attempting to navigate away from the fight will definitely softlock the game but you can fight as intended and it works out.

Other feedback from me: I might hate grind but I admit, the game's got nothing but since it's a revival of a dead game and it might not get more art. Sadly the charm of battle balance wore off once I realized grind was all there was and I eventually could trivialize fights after maximizing what gear I had (coat, kite shield, bow, gloves). I can't tell what's the better combat weapon between the gloves and knife, but I'm inclined to say gloves because I can hold back to prepare my attack and hit 2 enemies, which is essentially a heavy attack worth of damage but on 2 targets and on fast speed so parry risk return is low. A dagger can probably one-shot but I might get parried from a boosted heavy attack so... maybe not so good.

My only gripe is probably the gripe... the game's art is not easy to add to given the circumstances. There's also a lack of point to the entirety of roach enemies besides the scenes. What's the deal with the big one?
So the leather knuckles equipped let's you cleave on 2 targets per strike?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the first case, currently using auto battle and going trough scenes "too quickly", will break the battles dues to some bugs. These isues will be fixed on the next version :). The second issue you both mention, I'm quite unaware off, either that or I did not understood the problem correctly.

The Wharf Roaches are indeed pointless in terms of loot right now and there is a plan to move around some of the drops, such that Wharf Roaches become an early source of Insect Mucus. I also wanted to do something with the Wharf Roach G, since I never understood its objective in the original game, however those kinds of features will probably be left to after version 1.0, when the remake reaches the "same" point as the original game.

So the leather knuckles equipped let's you cleave on 2 targets per strike?
Yes indeed.

I've tried to add an unique effect to each equipable item, to justify the choice of something over the other while not making some item obviously better than another. This is not true to every equipment item and the Libido Equipment will suffer the most from being very basic, but I'll see if I can change that in the future.

That being said, always read the descriptions of the equipment items, they indicate their special effect, if they have any :).

My screen goes black during the cutscenes? Is that normal?
Like tentacle_lover_69 said in the post above, disable "Preload Anims". For ensured safety, also disable "Long Animations".

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
What engine and well as audio/visual platform are you using, from my own experience I found that a few programs had post-processing incompatibility which caused the audio not to be in sync with the animations.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes