Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
I did follow the current phone hints, yes, but I didn't even get Lil's event cause I didn't know about it (it's not in the hints on the phone)

If you intend on making the optional quests secret, than CMA's hint system won't really work for you, since that one basically shows you everything you can do, there's no truly hidden events in there.

As for your comment on ren'py keeping the seed when you save, nope. That's why a lot of games that have gambling in them (and doesn't block your ability to save) can easily be save scummed.
The hints are for quests you are currently doing, (I assume you mean Luna's) luna's event is the start of another quest so the hint system tells you nothing because you haven't started it.

I have yet to check CMA out but I do intend for the quest to be found naturaly while you do the other quests, that way it won'y overwhelm the player if I just drop 10 quests on them at the start.

Ya I guess I just found out about that, it's not really something I intend to fix if people want to save scum they are welcome to, I just wanted for people to have the same experience when they use rollback as it's expected, hell I will probably add cheats in the game at some point for those that don't want to follow the game the 'normal way'.

Dazo23

May 19, 2019
This has a lot of potential but I wont lie... this has abysmal amounts of content for the version number its at (0.4.1 as of writing this but content wise its what you would usually expect from a 0.1 or a 0.1.3 at best) hopefully more content is added soon but for now this is a file away and check again in 6 months sorta game.

• Sad
Reactions: Doragin

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
This has a lot of potential but I wont lie... this has abysmal amounts of content for the version number its at (0.4.1 as of writing this but content wise its what you would usually expect from a 0.1 or a 0.1.3 at best) hopefully more content is added soon but for now this is a file away and check again in 6 months sorta game.
I actually have no fking clue how other people live their life and have time to update the game with enough content. I literally can only add 2 scenes an update because I have yet to finish the other locations. I bow to their skills.

il497

Oct 11, 2018
I actually have no fking clue how other people live their life and have time to update the game with enough content. I literally can only add 2 scenes an update because I have yet to finish the other locations. I bow to their skills.
Yeah, I'd chalk that one up to a combination of practice and skill. Your pace shows that you're a newbie, but like lots of people have previously said, you've got a good idea going for you, and your execution of that idea (though slow) seems to be heading in a pretty good direction, all that's left is to improve the speed/streamline the process and I'm sure you'll get there once you get more experience and set up all the locations you want/need. I'd presume it's a lot easier to churn out updates when you get to a stable period where you're not having to create new locations/characters all the time.

saminan

Jan 12, 2020
Wanted to try the game, so i downloaded the Insight-0.4.1-pc_bugfix from the mega link but nothing launch when I click on either insight.exe or insight-32.exe.
Other games works fine so I'm at lost about whats wrong.

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Wanted to try the game, so i downloaded the Insight-0.4.1-pc_bugfix from the mega link but nothing launch when I click on either insight.exe or insight-32.exe.
I have received some reports saying the same, and since it doesn't happen all the time (like when I run it), I can't really debug, however I am pretty sure it's because I was using a nightly version of renpy, and I am going to go back to the stable build, next version.
Really sorry for that, as you can imagine I want everyone to be able to play the game.

il497

Oct 11, 2018
That sounds similar to some issues I've had with other Renpy games not launching in the past. I had that experience whenever one of the game's parent folders had some weird characters in its name. Idr what exactly was the cause, it might've been a ., -,`,', or any number of non-lettered or non-numbered characters. If any of your game's parent folders (or the game's folder itself) have anything in their name that's not a letter or number, try removing those characters from the folder name to see if that does the trick.

Last edited:

saminan

Jan 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey, shits happen, don't worry about it. I'll put this thread on watch and wait for the next update, good luck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I did have a parent folder with "-" next to it, but even when edited it did not launch, it was worth a try :)

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Didn"t even start... :rolleyes:
I am aware that some people can't launch the game, I will revert back to the release version of renpy next version, sorry about this, wasn't expecting this to be such a big deal

Doragin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for the shoutout my friend! Good to know my work is appreciated in some areas.

I'm still using HS1, not HS2. But a lot of effort is put into custom mods, lighting and some post production work. Haven't got into HS2 yet. Maybe I will give it a try in future.

House in the Rift is a great example of proficient use of HS. The way the creator uses custom mods and his execution of the scene animator is excellent. He is clearly very experienced with the engine.

Since you took the time to drop me a pm, I'll try to post some feedback that might be helpful.

In terms of your game, I think your artwork is good. But, there are some things you can look out for to add some spazz.
Experiment with skin textures and practice using mods such as renderer editor and LRE. Also lighting lighting lighting! Picking the right cubemaps and sticking to good lighting principles will make your renders pop!

Also, spruce it up with a little bit of photoshop and you're good to go. I promise, the result will be worth the effort.

Here is an example from my game, Deviant Anomalies to illustrate how small things make a big difference.

Before lighting adjustments.
View attachment 948664

After adjustments. Everything else remains the same! Models, scene, everything.
Only difference is in lighting (various different source of light angles, shadows, etc.) and cubemaps.
View attachment 948666

Big difference right?
Good luck on your game buddy! Following your next updates.
Thanks for dropping by, that conversation was actually what led me to message you haha.

My goal is to try and get close to games like yours and House In The Rift, your quality is is very above the average in the games I see and I think you do an amazing work.

I have already started on the photoshop end of things and have been playing with lighting (this one is hard af, like wtf), one thing I noticed is that images look better when they are not very bright for some reason, I find this weird because in real life when things are in the sunlight they look good idk still trying to figure lighting.

Once again thanks for helping me out, your heroic efforts will not be forgotten.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Just started the game and I gotta hand it to you, this starting segment (train+cassandra bit) got me. You already established his power and his personality. Me likes this.

EDIT:
I see what you did there. You gave her goals.
View attachment 1032020 View attachment 1032021
I did not see that. Now I see it and boy oh boy, does this makes my opinion outdated in its praise. I like it even more now.

• Red Heart

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Also this might sounds like a really stupid question but is the game super short?
Just met Lil and had her over for with Noel and then went to visit her.... doesn't seem to be anything to do after that.
All the quests say "wait til update" and the 3 locations clickable on the map are home, coffee shop, and Mall (which is blocked.)

aessir

Jun 18, 2017
Also this might sounds like a really stupid question but is the game super short?
Just met Lil and had her over for with Noel and then went to visit her.... doesn't seem to be anything to do after that.
All the quests say "wait til update" and the 3 locations clickable on the map are home, coffee shop, and Mall (which is blocked.)
The 3rd day if you go to the cafe you will find Lil's boss. Ask him for a job and he will direct you to the school.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes