3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

hgffdh

Feb 26, 2018
It has been quite a long time since I last played this, but from what little I remember sun block was an option that you had at the same time as you were choosing which perfume you were going to wear each morning while in effect preparing for the day, this was way back when the game stopped just as the owner and his party arrived at the island though, so it could have changed quite a bit since then.
I remember in older versions the sunscreen selection window popping up whenever you were supposed to go out in the morning/day, but now there isn't. There was also a clothes hanger icon top right in the mornings - but i only ever see it in the evenings now when you can select which person to call to hang out.
I also noticed that I can't select dresses when hanging out in the club, the scene where Cynthia brings dresses happens and I accepted both, but after that there was never a case where I was allowed to select which dress to wear.

May 13, 2018
Am I the only one who can't get suntan lotion? 0.342 android version. I tried both the normal start and the monogamous-virgin-teetotaler start, but in neither cause did Cynthia bring me the lotion. Poor PC gets burned at beach/pool jobs and visits all the time.
This was a bug that was introduced when I started adding free time blocks... Originally, the lotions were unlocked when you first got an outdoor assignment, but then I had to make sure that it would at least happen before you had a chance to spend a time block outside.

However I ended up doing it, I screwed it up, and I was never quite able to track down what was causing it.

I remember in older versions the sunscreen selection window popping up whenever you were supposed to go out in the morning/day, but now there isn't. There was also a clothes hanger icon top right in the mornings - but i only ever see it in the evenings now when you can select which person to call to hang out.
I also noticed that I can't select dresses when hanging out in the club, the scene where Cynthia brings dresses happens and I accepted both, but after that there was never a case where I was allowed to select which dress to wear.
Sounds like you might have "locked in" your choices. When you're back in the room, there should be an icon in the upper right that allows you to lock and unlock your clothing choices. I did it this way so that you didn't have to go through the process of selecting your clothing, perfume, and lotion choices every single time.

The idea was that you can lock it when you want to keep things the same, and unlock it when you want the menu to be presented at the next opportunity so you can change your choices.

I always wanted to have a tooltip window that would appear when hovering over the icons, but never figured out how to make that happen (and it likely wouldn't have shown up on Android, anyway).

hgffdh

Feb 26, 2018
Sounds like you might have "locked in" your choices. When you're back in the room, there should be an icon in the upper right that allows you to lock and unlock your clothing choices. I did it this way so that you didn't have to go through the process of selecting your clothing, perfume, and lotion choices every single time.

The idea was that you can lock it when you want to keep things the same, and unlock it when you want the menu to be presented at the next opportunity so you can change your choices.

I always wanted to have a tooltip window that would appear when hovering over the icons, but never figured out how to make that happen (and it likely wouldn't have shown up on Android, anyway).
I remember the locking in feature. Its not visible anywhere and I didn't lock anything in because I never even got to select anything that could be locked (if perfume can be locked, I don't see how).
I just did a fresh start, Sunday Week 1 is a holiday and I can go out to the beach the morning, Cynthia came to help with makeup and perfume (which was the only thing I got to select), then left. No icons of a lock, clothes hanger, no sunscreen selection, nothing of the sort. In the evening the phone icon appears to call people but that's it.

Sep 3, 2018
And now just tell me how I was "completely ignoring" the point when you were whining about gay being only a minority and I provided official data.
Is it because I did not predict that you did not mean actual gay people but also people who fantasize about gay sex as well?

/snip
Dear god, this shit is starting up again.

The tags ARE CORRECT FOR THE GAME. Just because the game (currently) focuses on a sexual pairing you don't prefer (M/F) doesn't change the fact that there is content you want in a smaller percentage (F/F).

/snip
Did neither of you read my explanation of viewpoint character and how that is relevant? The fantasy element of a sex game is, in many if not most cases, about imagining yourself in the place of that character doing the things they're doing. It's a form of vicarious enjoyment that is a core part of many RPGs --you experience them from an imagined first person perspective. That is the "role playing" part of role playing game, taking on the imagined role of the fictional character that is your player character.

That means point of view matters. A male / female pairing where the scene is framed from the point of view of the female partner is NOT the same as one framed from the that of the male, not when you are projecting yourself into the role of the viewpoint character. When there's a viewpoint character, that character is "you" and the other partner is who "you" are having sex with. Thus, whether or not that fictional partner is desirable to you the player makes all the difference.

As someone who desires sex with women, being placed in the vicarious role of having sex with a woman is appealing to me. By contrast, the role of having sex with a man is distasteful to me. The sexes of the two partners in the scene may be identical, but the attraction or repulsion is based entirely in which one the player is identifying with.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's necessary to even explain this, it's part of the simple fundamentals of how fiction works and I'm amazed you both made it to adulthood without grasping these basics.

That established, I'm done with this topic. As I had stated in my initial postings, I had no intent on pressuring the developer to make the kind of game I wanted nor to include the kind of content I wanted --I simply wanted to be clearly informed what the content of the game would entail before playing it so I could decide if it was for me or not. Sadly that information wasn't given and I had to play quite a ways in before finding out that I'd wasted my time. After expressing my dismay at this here, I moved on to other games and had actually forgotten about this one until I got a reply notification about this thread and read it again to figure out what it was about. Seeing that my simple point still managed to fly over your heads, I dropped an explanation on the off chance you might get it this time. Either way, I won't repeat it again.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Did neither of you read my explanation of viewpoint character and how that is relevant? The fantasy element of a sex game is, in many if not most cases, about imagining yourself in the place of that character doing the things they're doing. It's a form of vicarious enjoyment that is a core part of many RPGs --you experience them from an imagined first person perspective. That is the "role playing" part of role playing game, taking on the imagined role of the fictional character that is your player character.

That means point of view matters. A male / female pairing where the scene is framed from the point of view of the female partner is NOT the same as one framed from the that of the male, not when you are projecting yourself into the role of the viewpoint character. When there's a viewpoint character, that character is "you" and the other partner is who "you" are having sex with. Thus, whether or not that fictional partner is desirable to you the player makes all the difference.

As someone who desires sex with women, being placed in the vicarious role of having sex with a woman is appealing to me. By contrast, the role of having sex with a man is distasteful to me. The sexes of the two partners in the scene may be identical, but the attraction or repulsion is based entirely in which one the player is identifying with.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's necessary to even explain this, it's part of the simple fundamentals of how fiction works and I'm amazed you both made it to adulthood without grasping these basics.

That established, I'm done with this topic. As I had stated in my initial postings, I had no intent on pressuring the developer to make the kind of game I wanted nor to include the kind of content I wanted --I simply wanted to be clearly informed what the content of the game would entail before playing it so I could decide if it was for me or not. Sadly that information wasn't given and I had to play quite a ways in before finding out that I'd wasted my time. After expressing my dismay at this here, I moved on to other games and had actually forgotten about this one until I got a reply notification about this thread and read it again to figure out what it was about. Seeing that my simple point still managed to fly over your heads, I dropped an explanation on the off chance you might get it this time. Either way, I won't repeat it again.
Simple and fast answer:

What are you doing on a thread for a game were from the initial description and the tags it is CLEAR you'll play as a male character that in the first couple of minutes is getting transformed into a girl?

With the kind of mindset you are having this type of game is completely wrong for you.

May 13, 2018
:LOL: Yeah, I'm in a bit of a weird state. Creative juices are still there, but my desire to write significant content hasn't come back, and I still seem to get a weird sort of "Interns PTSD" whenever I start to revisit it.

I've been doing a bunch of modding and other stuff for X-Change Life, though. Mostly fun because I can do small projects that change up the scenario without actually having to produce the sex scenes and majority of the media.

Learning more about coding in the process, so that isn't bad, either.

Reactions: CypherWisp

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I'm all for you exploring other things, especially since the way I see it, there are themes and portions of X-Change Life that could be ported back into Interns.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes