NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I don't think it matters one way or another whether Val is a "self-insert" or not. It's all the same in the end. I think that more often than not when a dev labels something as a "self-insert", it's more how they'd like to imagine themselves rather than how they actually are. More like a wish fulfillment or a weird kind of role playing. So really it's a fictional construct one way or another just like any other character in the story.

I think she's a good character. I enjoy the flirting with the MC. My top three favorite girls are Val, Layla, and Mel's booty because they all have such good chemistry with the MC.
It matters because its almost always a mary sue, that hogs screen time from more interesting characters.

Reactions: LSC82 and Jericho85

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
It matters because its almost always a mary sue, that hogs screen time from more interesting characters.
I don't disagree that it's something an author could do without a little self-control, but I haven't gotten mary sue vibes from Val. Could be my bias talking but I really don't think so. Besides, there really haven't been many situations outside of maybe Ethan's ambush where a "mary-sue mode" could even engage.

If she were a true Mary sue, she'd probably have single handedly defeated all three men without effort, lectured them on how what they were doing was bad, then they would have thanked her and re-evaluated their lives. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: sava75

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
but which game? I can always use another dose of that character model.
Indeed Rebirth as Jace_Herondale said, but it's only minor appearances throughout the story. Think last update was the first time she actually did more than standing in the background....

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Indeed Rebirth as Jace_Herondale said, but it's only minor appearances throughout the story. Think last update was the first time she actually did more than standing in the background....
yea, unless that other game's mc becomes "king" then doubt she appears much.

Reactions: vogelbeest

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Koga3 made an android port for it...
But it seems that it's getting harder to turn 12G or more to 2G apk
And the dev says she won't make android port until the game is finished
needs more compression, if can make 300 megs packet on 3 gigs packet then 1.2 gigs on 12 gigs is doable. ;)

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes