VN Ren'Py Abandoned Intimate Brothel [v0.7.1] [Modzso]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
The ability to change the text speed and also allow you to skip unread text make this game a chore.

nono_boulot

Jun 2, 2017
when i go to the ruins (and inside the ruins) i have some messages
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 467, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen overlay is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/vilag/forest ruins/forest_ruins.rpyc", line 71, in script
  File "C:\Users\Nono\Downloads\Intimate_Brothel_020-pc\Intimate_Brothel_0.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Nono\Downloads\Intimate_Brothel_020-pc\Intimate_Brothel_0.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Nono\Downloads\Intimate_Brothel_020-pc\Intimate_Brothel_0.2.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 467, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Nono\Downloads\Intimate_Brothel_020-pc\Intimate_Brothel_0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1038, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen overlay is not known.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Intimate Brothel 0.0

Reactions: TheMann421

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Greetings!
And greeting for you too @Gab!

Finally I arrived here too, and I apologize for the delay. :coldsweat:
First I'd just like to say thank you for taking the time to make this thread about my game, even it is not finished yet.
I don't know what to write, I've never been good in these kind of things. But what I can say the game is slowly bur surly will get to its final phase, not today and not tomorrow but sooner or later...

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
What can you actually do in this game so far?

I've talked to the mayor, gotten the sword and armour explored the ruins a little bit and served int the bar a few times (got felt up and drunk)

There doesn't seem to be anything else.

The change log suggests there is more but I don't know how to trigger it.

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
What can you actually do in this game so far?

I've talked to the mayor, gotten the sword and armour explored the ruins a little bit and served int the bar a few times (got felt up and drunk)

There doesn't seem to be anything else.

The change log suggests there is more but I don't know how to trigger it.
Howdy!

Go to the tavern, talk with Bettie, and after that you'll get the work there opportunity. :)

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I can already serve in the Tavern. When I speak to her now I get one option and she she keeps saying 'I'm busy come back later'

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I can already serve in the Tavern. When I speak to her now I get one option and she she keeps saying 'I'm busy come back later'
Okay, I give you a small explain how it works. :) After you talked to Bettie, you can do serving once a day downstairs. - this gives you +10 relation with Bettie - after that you have 100 relation with her, - you can check it in the stats - you can talk with her again, and she will allow you to work upstairs. :)

I already planning to write a little guide about the game. About what can or cant you do, and where you can do... :)

Reactions: stever

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I had 90 relationship. At the moment you're asking players to do the same thing 10 times with 2 possible outcomes, I personally don't see the point in grind like that. There doesn't feel like there is any progression which is why I stopped. I stopped caring around 50 and then just spammed the next 4 days then gave up.

You either need more serving scenes to keep the player interested in whats going on screen or other ways to get Bettie's relationship up. Maybe she needs a debt collected and you have to go somewhere and battle someone? You've already got the mechanics set up for that. Or maybe just go and buy something for her from the shop

Reactions: stever

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I had 90 relationship. At the moment you're asking players to do the same thing 10 times with 2 possible outcomes, I personally don't see the point in grind like that. There doesn't feel like there is any progression which is why I stopped. I stopped caring around 50 and then just spammed the next 4 days then gave up.

You either need more serving scenes to keep the player interested in whats going on screen or other ways to get Bettie's relationship up. Maybe she needs a debt collected and you have to go somewhere and battle someone? You've already got the mechanics set up for that. Or maybe just go and buy something for her from the shop
I agree on this, and I welcome all suggestions. :)
There is a solution - which is not in the public game right now - where you can get quests from Bettie, which also gives you reputation. As you mentioned above. Planning to put something like that in the next update.
The only question is just how much relationship should it give? :)

RockenRoller

May 5, 2018
How does one get the mc to work with the monsters? seem to be in a loop just doing serving, quest with Liz, whoring out, repeat.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
How does one get the mc to work with the monsters? seem to be in a loop just doing serving, quest with Liz, whoring out, repeat.
From the change log
- 5 new monster client (you can not do anything with them right now)
So it looks like you can't work with them yet. I'm going to wait till their in to try it again.

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Small bug fixing #2

Download Link:

Bug fixed:

- Tavern food buying did not work

Use the download link above to get the updated version.

Uff I talked! =^.^=

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
Seeing as you have borrowed assets from VH I'm very much expect and hope you will implement the pregnancy system from VH as well. Would make this brothel simulator stand out from the rest. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Lycan73
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes