VN Unity Completed Intruder on the Bridge [v1.0.6] [Drunk Robot]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
This looks pretty good. It could use more alienish alien women, though.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Has anybody messed around with the starting stats to see if they do anything beyond opening up an occasional dialog option? Are there sex scenes locked behind maxing out one particular stat?

I've never been a huge fan of games that make you allocate some stats right at the front like this. I have no idea how the game works so it's ends up being a real crapshoot. I ended up putting 1 point in everything but combat (wanted to play as a lover instead of a fighter) but I don't know if that means I missed out on a bunch of stuff that requires 2 points in a category or something.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
What is going on with this game? Is this really from Drunk Robot? The one that brought us terrible game after terrible game once or twice a month. I'm definitely confused. If anyone can explain how all of a sudden he developed skills, I'd appreciate it. He's put out 6 games in 6 months of varying levels of quality, so it looks pretty shady to me that he can make game after game without some racket going on.

This one actually looks higher quality, but I'll wait for conformation.

zap99

Dec 14, 2020
What is going on with this game? Is this really from Drunk Robot? The one that brought us terrible game after terrible game once or twice a month. I'm definitely confused. If anyone can explain how all of a sudden he developed skills, I'd appreciate it. He's put out 6 games in 6 months of varying levels of quality, so it looks pretty shady to me that he can make game after game without some racket going on.

This one actually looks higher quality, but I'll wait for conformation.

Hello the first reason is that different people with different skill levels work there. the second is that after 2 years we have collected feedback (especially from this forum), and learned to do things better (or so we hope)

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hello the first reason is that different people with different skill levels work there. the second is that after 2 years we have collected feedback (especially from this forum), and learned to do things better (or so we hope)
I'm assuming you work at Drunk Robot to use "we", so I wish you good luck. I'll see how this plays out at the moment. I played Drunk Robot's first game and wasted 2 hours of my life making little to no progress. The only game with a worse gameplay is Foot of the Mountains. Trust needs to be earned, I'm afraid Drunk Robot doesn't have that right now.

That said, I wish you luck! And if you are able to answer this, I would appreciate it: What's up with making a game totally focused on Mbanga? Was this a troll or did Drunk Robot think that the game could be carried on his sex appeal and charisma? He always was my favorite character :rolleyes:
Bye!

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
thereìs some WT? because i think i talk with evrybody and made everything ,maybe this game need something about the quests we need to complete about progress with the story

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
It's a first release. If you have talked to everyone, visited everywhere and navigated to the peace conference (which will be available in a later release) you should have done everything available in this version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaneride

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Not bad, really, the story definitely has potential. I do have some worries though.
First of all: I'm not sure if arcade games are that great for telling an adult story. They could easily turn into frustrating showstoppers, so my advice would be to not make them too intense, or provide difficulty settings.

Second: animations are nice (and they do look good in this game), but animations with the option to skip them would be even nicer.

Third: Game Overs are a quick way to have people delete an adult game, no matter how good it is overall. This goes for the arcade minigames, but even more for storyline decisions. Instead of having some things result into a hard game-over, investigate a system where bad minigames and/or bad decisions give less desirable results. Someone might not want to speak with MC anymore if you make a bad decision, or some encounter just won't happen after a bad minigame score. There are many ways to resolve such things while maintaining the interest of the player. If you're completely set on making a game with a lot of bad ends from start to finish, then I'd strongly suggest to at least implement an autosave mechanic, triggering shortly before critical content comes up. Players will prefer to spend time playing, instead of constantly saving their progress out of paranoia. Getting rid of instant deaths is still preferable though.

zap99

Dec 14, 2020
I'm assuming you work at Drunk Robot to use "we", so I wish you good luck. I'll see how this plays out at the moment. I played Drunk Robot's first game and wasted 2 hours of my life making little to no progress. The only game with a worse gameplay is Foot of the Mountains. Trust needs to be earned, I'm afraid Drunk Robot doesn't have that right now.

That said, I wish you luck! And if you are able to answer this, I would appreciate it: What's up with making a game totally focused on Mbanga? Was this a troll or did Drunk Robot think that the game could be carried on his sex appeal and charisma? He always was my favorite character :rolleyes:
Bye!
is the favorite character of many: D also mine, in reality we are thinking of a game only with him, but not soon because there are many things in the pipeline :)

zap99

Dec 14, 2020
Not bad, really, the story definitely has potential. I do have some worries though.
First of all: I'm not sure if arcade games are that great for telling an adult story. They could easily turn into frustrating showstoppers, so my advice would be to not make them too intense, or provide difficulty settings.

Second: animations are nice (and they do look good in this game), but animations with the option to skip them would be even nicer.

Third: Game Overs are a quick way to have people delete an adult game, no matter how good it is overall. This goes for the arcade minigames, but even more for storyline decisions. Instead of having some things result into a hard game-over, investigate a system where bad minigames and/or bad decisions give less desirable results. Someone might not want to speak with MC anymore if you make a bad decision, or some encounter just won't happen after a bad minigame score. There are many ways to resolve such things while maintaining the interest of the player. If you're completely set on making a game with a lot of bad ends from start to finish, then I'd strongly suggest to at least implement an autosave mechanic, triggering shortly before critical content comes up. Players will prefer to spend time playing, instead of constantly saving their progress out of paranoia. Getting rid of instant deaths is still preferable though.
First of all Thanks for the feedback

some things are already as you asked them but I think it is not clear so we will add some clarifications in the next relese.

1) the videos are skipped with the esc key

2) the game saves every time the captain returns to his room (quick save).

3) if you lose 2 times in the Galaga-style mini game, it allows you to slat it (maybe it should be put on if you lose the first time? What do you think?)
in the next release I would like to put some scenes that can only be unlocked by playing mini games

4) the other mini game (which must be perfected because as katmandomo wrote)
it should lead to different paths

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
(maybe it should be put on if you lose the first time? What do you think?)
The vertical shooter in the game is pretty easy and a nice interlude, i wouldn't sweat about it. You might consider to give, instead, a minor consequence to losing it. Like, next scene, the shuttle background looks heavely damages when the droid gets in, MC brother complains some technoblabla like that the life support is about to fail and when MC is later rescued it is mentioned that the main ship's crew barely menaged to recover the derelict shuttle and save him.

I believe this shouldn't give you too much extra work and it would give a sense of agency to the player.

Reactions: zap99 and Dripping

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
is the favorite character of many: D also mine, in reality we are thinking of a game only with him, but not soon because there are many things in the pipeline :)
Ouch! Now I sound rude. I wasn't being serious. I didn't like him at all. Again, take care and I might come back later. BYE!

Reactions: zap99
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes