EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
title.jpg

Overview:
You are a Thrall; an alien creature engineered for infiltration and complex tasks at the behest of your master. You've been dispatched to Earth, the Master's favored hunting grounds, to establish a hive of humans you must indoctrinate and breed to produce minions of your own. With your forces, you will gather resources to improve your position, improve your hive building craft, and investigate what alien influence has recently come to Earth and is stealing the Master's favorite source of new breeders.

Gameplay:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-10
Release Date: 2023-03-10
Developer: ArmyofRobots
Censored: Partial
Version: 0.2.8.1
Language: English
Prequel: Invasive Species
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

Extra:
Guide

scrn1.jpg scrn2.jpg scrn5.jpg 23img1.JPG 23img2.JPG 23img3.JPG 23img4.JPG 23img5.JPG 23img6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I used to play the first one. Should I play and finish it before going onto this?
There is a plot summary at the start for anyone who didn't finish the first one; the story is a continuation, but the game is very different.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Gotta say, starting the game and having 2 out of the 3 choices for the first decision lead to an instant game over do not leave a good impression.
It depends on how the rest of the game is.

Basically the very early beginning of a game is the place to set expectations for what is to come. So if the game is going to be full of such situations where instant death is an option than having such a thing in the very beginning is in my opinion a very good idea because it informs you right away as to what to expect and puts you into the correct mindset going forward. If on the other hand this is not the case and such situations are going to be rare than not so much.

So really it depends on what they intend to do going forward.

Also, am I correct in assuming tech level 2 is not implemented yet?

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
"So if the game is going to be full of such situations where instant death is an option than having such a thing in the very beginning is in my opinion a very good idea because it informs you right away as to what to expect and puts you into the correct mindset going forward."
If this sequel is anything like the original, the answer is yes.

Many, many, times.

Reactions: syh653

Jack Hatter

Feb 8, 2021
This is great so far! A little tweaks to the existing grind maybe. I'm not sure if it's not fully implemented or it's worded oddly, but once I have enough thralls for two tasks it seems like I should be able to do them both?
Eagerly awaiting more content!

KopNob

Aug 14, 2019
It depends on how the rest of the game is.

Basically the very early beginning of a game is the place to set expectations for what is to come. So if the game is going to be full of such situations where instant death is an option than having such a thing in the very beginning is in my opinion a very good idea because it informs you right away as to what to expect and puts you into the correct mindset going forward. If on the other hand this is not the case and such situations are going to be rare than not so much.

So really it depends on what they intend to do going forward.

Also, am I correct in assuming tech level 2 is not implemented yet?
Problem is that in the first decision, it literally gives you the option North or South, advertising them both as the save option. And choosing one of these leads to you starting a fight with a gang and getting shot without a single action in between. Again: a direction(!). No "Go back either."
Which is a really shitty start for a game that really banks on power fantasy. There is NO gameplay value to it AND it hurts the character who is basically established as retarded. There is art to an opening and this is at best a finger painting.

I will go on, but this needs a rework already, right at the first decision.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Problem is that in the first decision, it literally gives you the option North or South, advertising them both as the save option. And choosing one of these leads to you starting a fight with a gang and getting shot without a single action in between. Again: a direction(!). No "Go back either."
Which is a really shitty start for a game that really banks on power fantasy. There is NO gameplay value to it AND it hurts the character who is basically established as retarded. There is art to an opening and this is at best a finger painting.

I will go on, but this needs a rework already, right at the first decision.
That's the thing. Is this supposed to be a power fantasy or is it supposed to be a power fantasy with instant death choices?

If it's the former than you are right. But if instant death is on the cards than honestly I think having it pop up early and scare the player into the mentality of "save often and in different slots" is justified. It's a shock to be sure. But it's a shock placed in a really good position because it's an instant death where the player does not loose any progress.

This said we can debate the merits of the very concept of instant death gameplay and if it really works in conjunction with power fantasy at all. But that's another topic...

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
I played the first one very early on in development. It's an interesting concept if you flesh out the gameplay.

Personally, I think some of the images are distracting, since they are low quality and cheesy.

The imagination can do better imo.

Reactions: 4ereNok and kagerx
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes