armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
It depends on how the rest of the game is.

Basically the very early beginning of a game is the place to set expectations for what is to come. So if the game is going to be full of such situations where instant death is an option than having such a thing in the very beginning is in my opinion a very good idea because it informs you right away as to what to expect and puts you into the correct mindset going forward. If on the other hand this is not the case and such situations are going to be rare than not so much.

So really it depends on what they intend to do going forward.

Also, am I correct in assuming tech level 2 is not implemented yet?
You are correct, Tech Level 2 is not implemented.

Also, death is only certain for a few specific events. The North path will be getting replaced at some point.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
This is great so far! A little tweaks to the existing grind maybe. I'm not sure if it's not fully implemented or it's worded oddly, but once I have enough thralls for two tasks it seems like I should be able to do them both?
Eagerly awaiting more content!
That appears to be a bug; we'll pass that back to the devs so they can find it, thank you.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
That's the thing. Is this supposed to be a power fantasy or is it supposed to be a power fantasy with instant death choices?

If it's the former than you are right. But if instant death is on the cards than honestly I think having it pop up early and scare the player into the mentality of "save often and in different slots" is justified. It's a shock to be sure. But it's a shock placed in a really good position because it's an instant death where the player does not loose any progress.

This said we can debate the merits of the very concept of instant death gameplay and if it really works in conjunction with power fantasy at all. But that's another topic...
The writer believed that the idea that the player is incredibly powerful, but still able to die is important and while some deaths will come with combats and RNG shenanigans, there are going to be some choices that just *WHAM!* kill you. All the others have some kind of cautioning flavor text around them. Also, some risks can pay off if the RNG Gods will it so.

That said, we will pass the concerns to the writer and hopefully they can make things a bit more clear.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Gotta say, starting the game and having 2 out of the 3 choices for the first decision lead to an instant game over do not leave a good impression.
We will pass that along to the writer. Also; only one of the choices is certain death, the other is an random roll. Development of the main character will allow you to improve your stats and add bonuses for certain situations that will make rolls more favorable.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The writer believed that the idea that the player is incredibly powerful, but still able to die is important and while some deaths will come with combats and RNG shenanigans, there are going to be some choices that just *WHAM!* kill you. All the others have some kind of cautioning flavor text around them. Also, some risks can pay off if the RNG Gods will it so.

That said, we will pass the concerns to the writer and hopefully they can make things a bit more clear.
Honestly I would advise you inform the player in some way right off the bat. Like a notice in game saying what you just said only in less words and more like a warning. Say: "You are incredibly powerful but you can die. And some options lead to instant death. Save often and in different slots." somewhere at the beginning of the game.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Honestly I would advise you inform the player in some way right off the bat. Like a notice in game saying what you just said only in less words and more like a warning. Say: "You are incredibly powerful but you can die. And some options lead to instant death. Save often and in different slots." somewhere at the beginning of the game.
The idea will be passed to the team; thank you. :)

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
So I have found a bit of a bug, or overlooked issue, I have collected all seven girls, Midori, Cindy, Naomi, Lisa, Robin, Rachel, and Carla. I some how managed to collect all seven before upgrading the room for the girls, and the Milking is only milking six girls. The last girl I collected was the one in the class room, and I have seen the Scene with Sam.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
So I have found a bit of a bug, or overlooked issue, I have collected all seven girls, Midori, Cindy, Naomi, Lisa, Robin, Rachel, and Carla. I some how managed to collect all seven before upgrading the room for the girls, and the Milking is only milking six girls. The last girl I collected was the one in the class room, and I have seen the Scene with Sam.
Good catch; thank you, we'll get that sorted!

xort

Jun 1, 2017
A 100MB animated gif file.
I think some time and effort could be spent on file type/size optimization.

Reactions: dusty stu

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Assessment so far: Good, but barely any content. Which is expected, so I'll check back in another 3 updates at least.

Caedyn

Dec 26, 2017
Really like the concept but theres a lot missing as of right now. Kinda worried its one of those big scope games that just gets abandoned within a short period.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Really like the concept but theres a lot missing as of right now. Kinda worried its one of those big scope games that just gets abandoned within a short period.
It's been under development off F95 for a long time now. It's slow progress, but I don't see it being abandoned soon.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
A fair concern as so many do and on a free project where neither developer, writer, artist or a lowly social media manager are paid, nothing is certain; but I will point to the previous project (which had fewer team members involved, to be fair) was completed. We are aiming for 10-11 releases per year as all of us are dedicated to other "projects" besides this one, but we have maintained our pace for a while.

So far the biggest issue was the disappearance of our previous artist and the search for a new one, which did delay us around a month (in case you may have noticed some changes in the image styles/quality in parts). We intend to gradually update some of the older stuff, play with quality/size; but for this release, the priority had been to get the skeleton core of the game in so players could see what the game was about, how gameplay would work, etc. That was judged more critical than better image work.

Please keep the feedback coming though; all of us only get better in our roles by listening to what we can improve upon. :)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
i woild have liked this if it was a renpy game i dont play this type game
It was nearly a Renpy game; but neither developer was familiar with the tool; it may get rebuilt as one at some point or ported since it's a better platform for this game style.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes