Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

centuryspice

Apr 9, 2019
Someone let me know if this ever gets out of development hell. I don't think it's possible considering that the devs don't seem to even care anymore, but I would really love to be proven wrong. Hell, even an update to prove it isn't 100% dead would be nice.

vowl

Feb 21, 2019
Someone let me know if this ever gets out of development hell. I don't think it's possible considering that the devs don't seem to even care anymore, but I would really love to be proven wrong. Hell, even an update to prove it isn't 100% dead would be nice.
Well, the developers to release a story update this winter.

Reactions: Manx86

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i can't rember how far they got but to me it feel's like the old demo could be wrong tho.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
all good games take time but how long has this been where it's at just wondering.

D

Deleted member 299682

all good games take time but how long has this been where it's at just wondering.
Way too long. The first demo for the game was released back in 2015, and the progress between that demo and the most recent iteration is negligible. The only new additions to the main game were a sidequest with the slave collar, a dungeon full of detached cartoon boobs, and a bondage outfit. Aside from the two demos of the main game, Dahr also released a series of frustrating demos for a rudimentary dice / card minigame and a tabletop board game. Both of these games were heavily reliant on RNG and proved to be more annoying from the lack of agency given to the player. There was also a prologue released with no interactive components whatsoever. I feel like this project is especially disappointing because I love the overall sleazy tone and look Dahr is going for, which I think distinguishes itself from other H-games. I think the general sensibility of the creative team as to how they incorporate the fucking into the fighting is really solid (even if there's hardly any actual content.) I can appreciate the team's limitations given how little money they're making off the project, but on the other hand it's been nearly five fucking years.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well all i have scene is the one sex scene with the pirate chick who had the coller on no other was hoping for irs battle sex scenes are what not lol.

Corbeau

Dec 3, 2018
the progress between that demo and the most recent iteration is negligible.
The demo was released to cultivate feedback on combat balancing, not a display of any kind of progress made. Obviously that was a mistake, since now dozens of people think they only made a few sidequests in 5 years.

Reactions: ImACuck

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
so this was a battle test to see if the battles were passable are if the people thought it was to hard. if so the birds casting the tuffness spell almost none stop was a pain.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
1st of march here, lets see whats new there is...emm...dumpster behind "Blue Bull"? Ok. I can wait for another year, I guess. Maybe it will be colored by then?

Reactions: DJD

vowl

Feb 21, 2019
Well, as I said:
So it will be enough for me if they have a final version of the quest scenario.
They obviously didn't have a script yet in February. And they obviously have no idea how long it takes them to develop a single Chapter. I think it’s time to relax and let the dates set by them pass by. These deadlines mean nothing.

Last edited:

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
Well, as I said:

They obviously didn't have a script yet in February. And they obviously have no idea how long it takes them to develop a single Chapter. I think it’s time to relax and let the dates set by them pass by. These deadlines mean nothing.
Dahr is buisy with other things, like how to impose people of his blog... AKABUR at least trying something, but with no wish to

vowl

Feb 21, 2019
Actually, DAHR's blog is the reason why I'm still his patron. I have no complaints about Akabur. I'm happy with what he does and how fast he does it.

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
Of course, every man has an opinion, I'm not trying to blame, or judge or something... He can (may, have to) run the blog, speculate his political, artistic views... F*ck, artist always artist, - they're strange ppl. But mark this project "onhold" then. Or its like eternal demo (looks like he has no interest in it). And he makes profit from air (my only opinion)
PS: I'm no troll or something. Its jut the way I see things

Reactions: DJD

vowl

Feb 21, 2019
Of course, every man has an opinion, I'm not trying to blame, or judge or something... He can (may, have to) run the blog, speculate his political, artistic views... F*ck, artist always artist, - they're strange ppl. But mark this project "onhold" then. Or its like eternal demo (looks like he has no interest in it). And he makes profit from air (my only opinion)
PS: I'm no troll or something. Its jut the way I see things
DAHR had a blog long before the creation of the Patreon. I don't think this is the reason for the delay.

It seems that they totally overestimated their capabilities. They started a very suicidal project to create a JRPG with an engine that was not adapted for this purpose. Unfortunately, Russia is a country where everyone wants to make their own Fallout. Even the mini-game they did for two and a half years instead of the planned couple of weeks did not become a clear enough hint that something was going wrong. As I understand it, they have already re-invented the combat system from RPG Maker, and now they are busy re-inventing the quest system.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jarul
3.50 star(s) 11 Votes