Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

unevenrm

Nov 3, 2017
DAHR had a blog long before the creation of the Patreon. I don't think this is the reason for the delay.

It seems that they totally overestimated their capabilities. They started a very suicidal project to create a JRPG with an engine that was not adapted for this purpose. Unfortunately, Russia is a country where everyone wants to make their own Fallout. Even the mini-game they did for two and a half years instead of the planned couple of weeks did not become a clear enough hint that something was going wrong. As I understand it, they have already re-invented the combat system from RPG Maker, and now they are busy re-inventing the quest system.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vararth

Sep 21, 2017
Quick question, I don't see a changelog; does this mean the game is still updating or this is the final version? I think 3 years is enough time without updates to declare a game abandoned.

Corbeau

Dec 3, 2018
the game is still updating or this is the final version?
So far they've only released (5) occasional demos or segments from the game, not updates to the same thing.
They're (permanently?) switching to episodic releases and episode 1 will probably be abruptly released in a week or two. The development has been fairly scattershot up until now.

Reactions: Rize

Corbeau

Dec 3, 2018
anyone knows where all the secrets are? ive only found 2/6
1. During the intro, click on the coin purse of the man telling the story.
2. During the intro, click on Jasmine's clothes in the leash image.
3. During the intro, click on the heart symbol on the rock in the bottom left hand corner during the combat tutorial.
4. Click on the picture frame behind Genie in the scene with them sitting at a table (then click on all portions of the painting, including top right corner)
5. Click on the heart symbol on Dazarehech's notepad during dialogue.
6. (?) Choose all routes with sharp objects and Rapunzel gets a bunny outfit.
7. Complete the Rapunzel drinking minigame.
8. Click on the card on the table during the Rapunzel sex scene.

Ripping the files shows episode 2 will have the gameplay of the previous demos too. He didn't turn the game into a visual novel.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
ok i looked at the pictures on the first page so when do most of them come in to the game. did this get updated here too

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
Updated to Chapter 1
Need Changelog if any also the other versions if anyone can please
Now then get on and

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Uh - CH 1 again? Do I bother reloading something I played years ago? I gave up on this over a year ago...

ronehjr

Aug 22, 2018
Jesus, can you give us one more second for that stupid picture selecting mini game. What a giant pain in the scrotum.

ronehjr

Aug 22, 2018
And the second round with those stupid monsters outside the bar was annoying, I quit when the 3rd one started.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes