Ren'Py Abandoned Iris Quest [Ch. 1] [Xaljio & DAHR]

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
I felt a sense of dread, when i read this but, i downloaded anyways, big mistake.
Deleted after reaching thispoint
Same... What a fucking waste of time and effort in their part. WHY make a game that feels like a punishment to play? So many things (mechanics and artwork) are high quality, but the pacing and balance is just... terrible.

Kuraam

Aug 25, 2017
The game is good, scenes are good

FIghts are unbalanced, then again just powered up genie a bit and all is well!

Reactions: F9Zoney

TheVicarious

Nov 19, 2017
Ahaha that was it? After years of work? Hilarious. Don't expect this game to ever finish, even if it did, at this pace it would be in about 100 years. Just abandon this please if this is how you're going to do it

foy

Oct 30, 2017
Dude, people aren't wrong when they think this team is actually scamming them.

Akabur was a """"good"""" creator 5-10 years ago when the H-scene wasn't here at all, and when he was actually alone. Now? His standards are shit (and it was already the case before, we were just missing a point of comparaison). And the rest of his team? Worse.

You can start defend them once they proved something. Now? They never did, and yeah, that after 3 years has a name, it's called a scam.

but they are not Akabur's team, friends - yes, but Its separate game from separate devs its just based of same game as a basis - Princess Trainer

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I've just started playing this game, and it looks like it should be a lot of fun. However I'm struggling not far into the game where you have to guide a character through the correct one of three doorways. It's not clear to me which keys I should be pressing to control her movements, as the left and right arrow keys don't seem obviously to move her left or right, and the Help doesn't cover it. So she just keeps on getting killed.

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
Literally just always pick the option where she just sips at her wine. It's not randomized. If you pick the wrong choice just reload until you pick the right one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the note of looking for variables though, I'm stumped on unlocking this bunny outfit. Has anyone actually managed it? I've done the chase perfectly without damage, hitting all spikes possible and then tried doing the race hitting every spike possible including taking two hits from enemies just to hit more spikes. Neither seemed to work.
I've done it twice. I think the spikes with the imps don't count. I'm not sure if it is possible to do it every time

BOH56

May 27, 2017
I feel so bad for this game. I was still in college when this started so many years ago :( . I miss those days when Akabur made games like Witch Trainer
Akabur still makes games. He has a game called Star Channel 34 and it gets regular, albeit slow, updates. He's not a scam artist like his friends, please don't associate his work with these dicks.

FLOFAN

Jan 29, 2018
I've done it twice. I think the spikes with the imps don't count. I'm not sure if it is possible to do it every time
every time you need to chose 1 of the 3 path there is a timer, I don't know if that is it but i never hit the end of the timer and i obtained the rabbit's outfit, i wasn't hit by ennemies either

Mr. Manticore

Dec 27, 2018
The intro is the best part... and that's what it essentially is, an intro.
I'm not sure what their plan is, but I'm going to hope that the new timeline for releases is a manner of months, not years.

Reactions: fabanaci

RavenSw

Aug 23, 2017
Such quality content. I, indeed, love stories!
Also extra points for the battle part..

For some reason, I really like this theme, and Iris, very much.

(how do I add text under the spoiler cover? For some reason, it doesn't appear there)

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
Such quality content. I, indeed, love stories!
Also extra points for the battle part..

For some reason, I really like this theme, and Iris, very much.

(how do I add text under the spoiler cover? For some reason, it doesn't appear there)
Basically do this, but don't put in the periods

[.SPOILER="Spoiler Name Here"]Hidden Information Goes here[./SPOILER]

Without the periods

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rgevake

Dec 23, 2017
The download link on the first page only includes one episode (with Rapunzel).
Last year the download link had an Iris and Genie story through a city.

Where did this former episode go? Please update the links correctly to include everything.

There should supposedly be two (or more) minigames with separate executables.

Reactions: TheGremlin21

macrutt

Jun 5, 2017
The combat wasn't fun after the second round but otherwise I enjoyed the game a lot. I quite liked the running sequence, althought I kept reloading part one thinking that was it and I hadn't got the bunny suit. I appreciate this game for its complexity and detail and the fact that they have no problem at all providing a lot of eye candy, and that finding that eye candy kinda informs how you should go about playing the game. This is a real winner if they can keep the episodes coming from here on in. The team has held together through incredibly stupid development, so if they have a plan and an order and honest productivity they should be unstoppable. I understand for many that's a big IF, but I see no harm in outlining an ideal even if it ends up just demonstrating where they fell short in the future.

Mar 7, 2018
I really liked this new chapter! I did not like the other ones with that loads of fightning but this was much better, thought the "question" mini-game was kinda funny and unique.. Amazing art by the way, Rapunzel looks stunning!

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes