Is independent adult game making a European phenomena?

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Others have already handled the rest but why do you think Muricans don't produce Engrish? I've seen enough posts praising the USA or even outright confirming nationality/location yet still messing up basic grammar like "their, they're, there" and not using "sex (noun)", "cunt", "kitty" and "fuckhole" in the same paragraph doesn't have all that much to do with language education beyond learning those words in the first place.

I do admit the "ex-Soviet" productions tend to be rather obvious though because their language causes very specific patterns of mistakes such as not using any articles.
I'd say the thing I never understood about English are commas. Than again, even after being hounded by my publisher I don't get them in Bulgarian, so maybe it's just me. Oh, and "who" and "whom".

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Haven't played it, post a link. The African birthrate is the lowest in recorded history, a steady decline for the past 70 years.
The birthrate in the US would be even lower if your "baby bond" idea was implemented. How many people could post a $500,000 bond before having a kid? I don't know what the actual cost would be but I guarantee it would have to be a 6-7 digit number depending on the location. Both the population and the economy would collapse (the US economy is rather heavily dependent on a growing population).

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I'd say the thing I never understood about English are commas. Than again, even after being hounded by my publisher I don't get them in Bulgarian, so maybe it's just me. Oh, and "who" and "whom".
My publisher doesn't care about spelling, grammar, or punctuation. English Majors are a dime a dozen, so they hire editors to clean up my stories.

The birthrate in the US would be even lower if your "baby bond" idea was implemented. How many people could post a $500,000 bond before having a kid? I don't know what the actual cost would be but I guarantee it would have to be a 6-7 digit number depending on the location. Both the population and the economy would collapse (the US economy is rather heavily dependent on a growing population).
I have 20 children, and I put about 35 through college. Maybe you should try something different, if your way isn't working out.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
you seem to not grasp THE COLLONIZING WAY => THE VASAL WAY => THE I OWN THIS WHOLE TOWN / CITY / COMMUNITY / AMERICAN DREAM WAY!

As far as the first colonies and right through the wild west conquest ... THE MONEY GUY OWNED THE LAND AND THE CATTLE AND THE FAMILIES AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR GRAND KIDS ... MUCH LIKE CORPORATIONS TODAY. EVERY AMERICAN CITY IS THE COLONY OF A CORPORATION! THAT CORPORATIONS HAS ALL THE RIGHTS OVER EVERYTHING AS THEY OWN ALL THE IMPORTANT ASSETS IN THAT AREA AND MAKING SURE MEN AND WOMEN WORK HEART AND SOUL FOR A CHILD THAT IS ABUSED BY THE SYSTEM SO AS TO COERCE MOM AND DAD TO DIE ON THE JOB ...

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
My publisher doesn't care about spelling, grammar, or punctuation. English Majors are a dime a dozen, so they hire editors to clean up my stories.
You live in a country, where publishers have one of the largest markets in the world and centuries of traditions in the business. I live in a country, where publishers refused to hire both editors and correctors (and many still don't) for decades. Even if the same is true for Bulgarian majors.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
You live in a country, where publishers have one of the largest markets in the world and centuries of traditions in the business. I live in a country, where publishers refused to hire both editors and correctors (and many still don't) for decades. Even if the same is true for Bulgarian majors.
Internet! find a new publisher. I couldn't write 10 books a year if I had to be arsed with grammar and and tense. The editor crashes in my guest room for a couple days, and poof.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[A graph about fertility]
Do you even know what's "fertility rate" and "birth rate" mean ?
They are two totally different things. The birth rate will continue to raise whatever the evolution of the fertility rate. The later need to pass below 2 for the birth rate to stop growing.

In 1950, there were 1.000 women that gave birth to 7 children, the birth rate was of 7000.
Half of them being female, one generation later, in 1975, they were 3.500 women to gave birth to 7 children. While the fertility rate was stable, the birth rate, it, was raising to 24 500.
Half of those children being female once again, one more generation later, in 2000, it's 12.250 women who gave birth to 5 children. Despite the fertility rate being lower than before, the birth rate was higher than never, with 61.250 newborns.

Like life is more complicated than this, the births are spread over time, which lead to a progression curve more arithmetical than the geometrical representation above, but the principle stay the same.

As side note, the fertility rate isn't the only thing lowering in Africa, it's the same for the infantile death rate, at 10% in 2011 against 16% in 1990 for Sub-Saharan Africa (source: ), which is where the infantile death rate is the higher in the world.
But even if it was stable, it would have changed nothing, since it would have applied for the previous births. The progression of the birth rate would just be slower, since less women would reach the age where they can give birth themselves. But it will still be progressing despite the lower fertility rate.

But, what all this have to do with the fact that, apparently, more Europeans works as independent adult game maker, than Americans do ?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Do you even know what's "fertility rate" and "birth rate" mean ?
Yes. Thialf cited fertility rate, so I replied with a fertility rate chart.
You should really pay more attention to the conversation, instead of allowing yourself to get triggered by personal issues.
If you have fertility problemss, there is help available.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You should really pay more attention to the conversation, instead of allowing yourself to get triggered by personal issues.
If you have fertility problemss, there is help available.
What make you feel so few at ease, that you had this sudden need to be, supposedly, offensive ? Don't be afraid, we're between nice people, you can talk to us...

But don't worry, I already have two marvelous children, well, adults now, and, being 48yo, I don't feel the need to have more.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
What make you feel so few at ease, that you had this sudden need to be, supposedly, offensive ? Don't be afraid, we're between nice people, you can talk to us...

But don't worry, I already have two marvelous children, well, adults now, and, being 48yo, I don't feel the need to have more.
That's probably for the best, by 25yo your eggs are rotten, and shouldn't be fertilized.
It's nothing to be ashamed of, and certainly no reason for you to lash out the way you did.

• Angry
Reactions: anne O'nymous

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Ok ok we get the taxes, the fertility/birth rate, and other woes in 1st world countries.
Back to the topic... There's still hope for the devs with low income on this industry. They should consider investing on something with ROI like, for example, passive incomes. There could be more profitable ways out there that the devs could invest on and that's much better to discuss rather than the downsides or corrections. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if these talks ended up political if it goes on! Relax and go conservative

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Just keep on mind that Russia is not part of the EU and extremely hard to compare to EU countries. While a part of Russia is geographically in Europe, Russia is not culturally or politically part of Europe. As an Austrian I think most EU counties, such as Austria, Germany, France or any Scandinavian country have far more similarities with the US than they have with Russia.

Reactions: BrokenDreams

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
As an Austrian I think most EU counties, such as Austria, Germany, France or any Scandinavian country have far more similarities with the US than they have with Russia.
True, but I sense we're struggling with the US now too. We've kinda always been at odds with Russia.

Enough about that, this is a thread about fertility rate. Is good. :D