VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone.

I hope you all had a good start into the new year.
It's a late weekend report for the 4.3 update.
I didn't work on the special this week, but got a lot done for the update.
One scene became three times as big as planned, another scene I brought forward from planned 5.1 to 4.3.
All rendered and text written.

I may have overdone it a bit with one animation, but it was fun (and I learnt some Blender again).
The last two days I have set up a few dozen renders as I have a lot to do in real life in the next few days.
So the PC is busy while I have to take care a few things. ;)

Have a good start into the new week,
Thanks for your support,

BTT

Reactions: Jarulf and D Dog

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone.
Well, not much to report.
I keep adding animations and stills, playing around with some new techniques.
Most of the character/relationship building will be done next week, after that it's the story progression and the "special scenes".

I'm going to spend a day tomorrow on the Winter Special, I really need a break from the main game and develop the side story.

Have a nice weekend and thank you for your support,

BTT

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
It's done when it's done. :devilish:
I could name a date, but shoot me if I would :cool:
Nahhhh... Name a firm date. No one here will give you shit or accuse you of milking if life jumped up and bit you in the ass and made you push a day or ten. NeverEverNeverEverEverEverNever! We all promise!:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Anyone who has followed the drama that some developers have had with their music licences knows that this is a big problem. You don't want your game grounded because some clown filed a DMCA claim.

A more or less reliable source will now shut down, or better yet, kill itself.

So today was about spending a lot of money on licences and making sure that nobody can give me any problems.

It would be nice if I could just concentrate on development, but no. I have to deal with this bullshit that costs me money and a whole day.

If anyone knows of any artists who do Steam advertising (capsules and trailers) professionally, please contact me!

Damn, I wanted to make a nice story, not some copyright or advertising bullshit...

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Nahhhh... Name a firm date. No one here will give you shit or accuse you of milking if life jumped up and bit you in the ass and made you push a day or ten. NeverEverNeverEverEverEverNever! We all promise!:ROFLMAO:

Being 10 minutes late will trigger the "Milker, Milker!" crowd.

I'm mad enough to do all this, but a public release date appointment?
I'm neither a masochist, nor suicidal :ROFLMAO:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Anyone who has followed the drama that some developers have had with their music licences knows that this is a big problem. You don't want your game grounded because some clown filed a DMCA claim.

A more or less reliable source will now shut down, or better yet, kill itself.

So today was about spending a lot of money on licences and making sure that nobody can give me any problems.

It would be nice if I could just concentrate on development, but no. I have to deal with this bullshit that costs me money and a whole day.

If anyone knows of any artists who do Steam advertising (capsules and trailers) professionally, please contact me!

Damn, I wanted to make a nice story, not some copyright or advertising bullshit...

BTT
Well, I think the reason most get into trouble, is because they don't disclose the fact that the games the music is for are adult in nature. When the artists find out, trouble arises.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
you could be 1 second late and they will get the pitchforks even if they get all the lewd scenes they want to see. But for real don't rush do it right don't want a situation like another game on here that had to rework parts of the game just to release on steam cause of music copyright issues.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Well, that first part IS development - just not production. ;):devilish: <ducks>

Yes, I'm a smart ass with a business degree that's been both a consultant an a company exec for most of the last 35 years. The groundwork sucks, but the rest of it can fall apart if that part isn't done well and as bullet-proof (legally) as possible.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
you could be 1 second late and they will get the pitchforks even if they get all the lewd scenes they want to see. But for real don't rush do it right don't want a situation like another game on here that had to rework parts of the game just to release on steam cause of music copyright issues.
Saw a guy from some place in Eastern Europe bitching the other day about "it's after midnight here - where is it" (or something like that) when it was still about 4pm in the Dev's time zone. Basically replied he should piss-off, where he lived didn't matter, and he was a pirate, so he mattered even less. Didn't get a reply, which was a little surprising given the type of person that typically posts such bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Well, that first part IS development - just not production. ;):devilish: <ducks>
A CC 4.0 BY release is a CC 4.0 release.
Period.

If I have to take proof that it was released by CC by taking screenshots it's wrong, by CC definition.
But that happens when you use not reliable sources.

:rolleyes:

Next game will be different, but I'm not changing a few dozens tracks now.
Many have been licensed, if anyone has a problem with a CC release being used I'm happy to delete the tracks.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Saw a guy from some place in Eastern Europe bitching the other day about "it's after midnight here - where is it" (or something like that) when it was still about 4pm in the Dev's time zone. Basically replied he should piss-off, where he lived didn't matter, and he was a pirate, so he mattered even less. Didn't get a reply, which was a little surprising given the type of person that typically posts such bullshit.
Well, there are a few that are generally clueless about time zones.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes