VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
There was an issue with the android port where you couldn't save.

Updated version is in the OP.

Sorry.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
A little advice from me for such problems: I use Firefox with the 'uBlock Origin' Add-on and have nowhere problems with any pop-ups or any commercials......
Warm holiday greetings, Cate my friend,

I have no doubt that what you say is true. I'm just rather old and set in my ways these days... I'm not one to fiddle with settings much...

I switched to Opera for the superior free ad blocker and free VPN it provides. I can block pop ups as well but that can lead to other issues with sites that I use that have pop ups and won't function without allowing them. I keep my browser set one way. For me it is just easier to click the "x" on the pop up than to reset my browser settings. I still use Firefox for sites that refuse to function with an active ad blocker for the same reason as the pop up x'ing... It's just easier to open Firefox to access those ornery sites than it is to reset my browser settings... kind of fits with my "right tool for the job" philosophy instilled by my father as part of who I am as a man. About all I ever change in my browser settings is to clear cache and swap to my latest favorite image for the background... latest one is from my friend Adam... She is solar flare hot and I think I'm in love!:love:
1669688814882.png

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: cate.archer

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Warm holiday greetings back to you, PapaPhat ! My advice was only meant nicely and perhaps it helps someone other.
And dear badtimetales (and the other users), sorry I'm completely off-topic with this.
I have no doubt that what you say is true. I'm just rather old and set in my ways these days... I'm not one to fiddle with settings much...
I am much older than you think, but that has nothing to do with the use of programs.
I switched to Opera for the superior free ad blocker and free VPN it provides. I can block pop ups as well but that can lead to other issues with sites that I use that have pop ups and won't function without allowing them. I keep my browser set one way.
OK, I accept and understand that. But you must nothing much 'set on' with this Ad-Blocker.
Here a Review:
(I hope this Link is allowed among the forum rules)
kind of fits with my "right tool for the job" philosophy
Yes, that is fully right! But especially with computers there is an unmanageable software jungle out there, and some hints are always helpful.
Anyway, nice picture!
Greetings from Vienna
C.

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Damn, I love this game even though friendzoning Alex on one of my playthroughs was pretty rough to get through. But the fact that it's like this is one of the reasons this is so great. If players don't care about the characters in a VN, the creator is doing something wrong.
You did WHAT?!

Just kidding, some people haven't been happy with Alex and I always said you can drop her.
But I never said it would be easy ;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You did WHAT?!

Just kidding, some people haven't been happy with Alex and I always said you can drop her.
Yeah... I made my end of update save having told Alex that I love her and then returned to that decision just to see how gut wrenching it would be to "just be friends" after all we had been through together... I couldn't stand it and had to exit the game before I started bawling...

I love you, Alex!:cry: I love Isa too!:cry: Gonna be love sick here... What's that, Tales? You say I don't have to choose?!? That I can have both of them?!? :love::love::love::love::love: Huzzah! :love::love::love::love::love:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Yeah... I made my end of update save having told Alex that I love her and then returned to that decision just to see how gut wrenching it would be to "just be friends" after all we had been through together... I couldn't stand it and had to exit the game before I started bawling...
Hey, that was the "friendly" version.
I had planned a much emotional one, but decided against it and put a bit more emotions in the "love her" choice ;)

I love you, Alex!:cry: I love Isa too!:cry: Gonna be love sick here... What's that, Tales? You say I don't have to choose?!? That I can have both of them?!? :love::love::love::love::love: Huzzah! :love::love::love::love::love:
Nobody loves Zeus :( :ROFLMAO:

Would be cruel to make you choose, but I like the idea with the "you didn't choose any girl and end up with Zeus alone" idea :sneaky:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You did WHAT?!

Well, I have three playthroughs: Alex solo, Isabella solo, and Throuple. So it's definitely not in every case, and I actually absolutely adore Alex. But I like to see how things go with different choices . . . within reason. (I try not to end up with 50 playthroughs for a game.)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, I have three playthroughs: Alex solo, Isabella solo, and Throuple. So it's definitely not in every case, and I actually absolutely adore Alex. But I like to see how things go with different choices . . . within reason. (I try not to end up with 50 playthroughs for a game.)
yeah this is absolutely manageable so far, and I'll only have the Alex solo and throuple paths... can't do that to Alex. Then there is Intertwined where you have to have like 10 different saves to see all the content :rolleyes:

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
(I try not to end up with 50 playthroughs for a game.)
have like 10 different saves to see all the content

I don't mind playing different playthroughs, but only with the characters I really like.

But rendering, at that time with a 1050TI/2070, would have taken ages.
Not to speak about scripting as a first timer.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Nobody loves Zeus
I love Zeus!:love: He's such a good boy! IRL, I would've been making friends with him from day one. MC really slowed his progress with Zeus from day one by being timid. I would've freely extended the back of my hand for him to catch a good whiff of my scent saying, "Good boy. I can tell you love Isa. That's a good boy. Better take a good sniff and get used to me now because I'm not going anywhere, buddy. Such a good boy. Good dog." If you show a dog fear, they own you. If you stand your ground in a non-threatening manner, they respect you. So yes... I love Zeus!:love: "Such a good dog. Getting used to me being here now, aren't you boy? Such a good dog... good boy."
I try not to end up with 50 playthroughs for a game.
I make a ton of saves. In games with many choices I can make a couple hundred saves or more before the end. I have a save of every major decision in this game thus far, eleven in total. That is actually a low figure for a chapter three scenario simply because there are fewer choices here than other titles I have played. However, the choices presented in this game are choices that matter. I actually like that here as a nice change of pace. Let me in on the choices that matter. I don't need to choose whether MC wants cream and sugar in his coffee or drinks it black. hahaha:ROFLMAO::devilish:
as a first timer.
As a first time dev, Tales, you truly shine. There is no indication in the superior level of quality that you are producing that this is your first rodeo. You ride the wild stallion and burly bull like an old pro! I had made some comments in private regarding some rendering and shading improvements that would be nice to see addressed and as far as I can tell, you have overcome those minor obstacles in a very big and positive fashion! That latest image of Isa that you posted here in forum is proof positive, my friend. Your skills are rapidly growing with each new chapter and it is wonderful to witness.

I am totally engrossed in this intimate and thrilling story and as always am chomping at the bit like a prized stallion ready for more.

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y);)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I don't mind playing different playthroughs, but only with the characters I really like.

But rendering, at that time with a 1050TI/2070, would have taken ages.
Not to speak about scripting as a first timer.
no doubt, for a first project you shouldn't go too complex, at least this way you can probably finish it

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Then there is Intertwined where you have to have like 10 different saves to see all the content :rolleyes:
So . . . it's not actually like the title would imply. I've not played that, and ofc we really shouldn't get into discussing that game over here. But that many playthroughs seems like it's far less intertwined than it sounds at first.
no doubt, for a first project you shouldn't go too complex, at least this way you can probably finish it
Agreed. If you can manage more, feel free to do so. It seems far too many new devs bite off the entire candy bar instead of steadily ramping up. I really enjoy what you've done so far, badtimetales; slow and steady really does eventually give you the momentum you need. And, ofc, never compare your own rate of progress / success with that of someone else. From everything I've seen, each individual journey to success is different, not only in obstacles but also in time to reach the goal.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes