VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I appreciate your view.
But as I said: I'm trying to tell a story here.

Look at it like a movie ... where the main events are set. But here you can change some of them.
But not the surrounding or the main characters.

If it's not the right thing for you ... Preferences differ.
I tried to create a VN which I think is I would like the best.

A Sim would be a completely different approch.
And as a beginner in rendering AND renpy that's a "No!".
Besides it's not really my thing.
You know the story you want to tell and want to stick to it without changing anything. I wish more new developers had this belief and knew their limitations. Like I said it's not my thing and that's fine you should stick to what you want to do and not what other people like.

Ignoring my personal preferences the main problem with the game is that English obviously isn't your first language and it shows through the writing in the game.

You would really benefit from have a native English speaker proofread the script before you release the game and if you can do that I think your game could do really well.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I have no idea. I live in a country that is 80% white and 66% Christian. And in my country it is absolutely normal and unashamed for a girl to be a virgin even in her 30+ years. We have whores too, but a lot of girls cherish their innocence, not even to save a virginity for their husbands, they just don't want to be disgusted, tainted and disgusted in there are own eyes and the eyes of there're parents and friends.
I was reading your post and all I could think of while reading was this:
I wanna go, I wanna know
Oh, won't you please take me home?
I wanna see, how good it can be
Oh, won't you please take me home?
Take me down to the Paradise City
Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
source.gif
........................... R.png

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021
I have no idea. I live in a country that is 80% white and 66% Christian. And in my country it is absolutely normal and unashamed for a girl to be a virgin even in her 30+ years. We have whores too, but a lot of girls cherish their innocence, not even to save a virginity for their husbands, they just don't want to be disgusted, tainted and disgusted in there are own eyes and the eyes of there're parents and friends.
I assume the males are also virgins till their wedding or till their 30s

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
I assume the males are also virgins till their wedding or till their 30s
It goes without saying. Of course, there are those who are not, they are called normies - they just want to have sex as quickly as possible to be elevated in the eyes of the degenerates surrounding them. On the other hand there are highly moral and highly cultured guys, who are aware of all the risks and responsibilities, they do not seek to lose their virginity, thay prefer to wait for a girl to get married with her and live happily, fucking her every day.

And while we already have girls looking for virgins and who will refuse guys who have already lost their virginity, I wish more girls would learn to appreciate and respect themselves and refuse guys who have already lost their virginity, thus insulting their future possible wife in her appearance.

Alas, the author's views are too limited and he lives in some abnormal and imposed paradigm - if you are still a virgin at 19, there is something wrong with you. It's a shame that too many people now mistakenly believe the same thing.

And because of this, lovely girls who could have kept themselves pure and pristine suffer, because the likes of the author force them to make mistakes in the name of seeking pleasure, anyways later there will be some beta-male who will gladly raise her children who don't even know who their daddy is, so no need to wory for her, right?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Very impressive introduction to your game. Quite a lot of content compared to most first releases we see here. Technically proficient. Interesting and attractive women. Nice foundation for tension going forward. The suggestion for finding a proofreader is sound. I would have preferred more flexibility in dealing with Alex, but I understand you have to set up your story. I'm looking forward to where you take this tale. Good luck with your VN!

Reactions: badtimetales

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Just got around to playing, and wow the animations are just wow.

Loved Alex I don't know why people are complaining about her, Isabella was a bitch at the beginning but seeing how it played out I can understand why.

I didn't see too much wrong with the dialog maybe some misspells and grammar mistakes but compared to ALOT of games on here the english was pretty good.

soooo looking forward to more updates and finding out what's going to happen with the old fart and his son. Also wondering what the MC's past job was he's a little secretive about it so must be interesting. Keep up the great work badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for all the feedback!

I'm glad that most of you like my work.

I'm trying something different here, I'm trying to create a story I would like to play.
There are a few damn good games out there doing this, but they are the minority.

I really like realistic renders with a (more or less) realistic story.
That's why I started this project.

Realistic renders are not easy.
You'll need the knowledge and the hardware to set them up.

---

English.

Yes, English is obviously not my first language.
But I thought my English is good enough.
There have been some unnecessary typos, because I haven't checked the text before releasing.
I wanted the game to be released, after all the time I spend creating it.

That's all I can see, but as I've said, I'm not a native.

If any native English speaker likes to help out, please feel free to contact me!
I'm not able to pay anything, as this is a hobby project.

buuuuut - i smell a sh..load of drama incomming :ROFLMAO:
Well.... it's a thriller :cool:

Or let me write down a quote of one of my favorite series "bunch of whiny little bitches!"

You know the story you want to tell and want to stick to it without changing anything. I wish more new developers had this belief and knew their limitations. Like I said it's not my thing and that's fine you should stick to what you want to do and not what other people like.
Thank you!

You know, the 101 to be successful with adult VNs?
School setting, Incest, Virgins and a few more tags.

I could have created such a VN.

But it's not what I wanted to do.
I want to tell a story. Without having to resort to cliches and some kinks.
I know that I'll cut myself of from a great number of players.
But that's how MY story is.

Very impressive introduction to your game. Quite a lot of content compared to most first releases we see here. Technically proficient. Interesting and attractive women. Nice foundation for tension going forward. The suggestion for finding a proofreader is sound. I would have preferred more flexibility in dealing with Alex, but I understand you have to set up your story. I'm looking forward to where you take this tale. Good luck with your VN!
Thank you!

I've worked on this for a long time.
To get it the way I wanted it to be.

I've learned a lot in this progress and it will help me to do better renders, a better story.

Just got around to playing, and wow the animations are just wow.

Loved Alex I don't know why people are complaining about her, Isabella was a bitch at the beginning but seeing how it played out I can understand why.

I didn't see too much wrong with the dialog maybe some misspells and grammar mistakes but compared to ALOT of games on here the english was pretty good.

soooo looking forward to more updates and finding out what's going to happen with the old fart and his son. Also wondering what the MC's past job was he's a little secretive about it so must be interesting. Keep up the great work
Thanks a lot!

I knew that Alex wouldn't be loved by everybody.

My plan was to have two completely different LI's in the game.
Alex is the strong "alternative" girl. But don't let her fool you.
She has her dark and weak sides.

Isabella introduced as a bitch. As the successful girl.
But she isn't. Story will tell. And Story will change.

---

Some early previews of Chapter 2.1 will be online in a few days.

Last edited:

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Alex is the strong "alternative" girl. But don't let her fool you.
She has her dark and weak sides.
Yea one of the reasons I loved her I got a thing for alt/punk/goth plus her personality is great. Yea Isabella was kinda a bitch but I cant wait to see more of her content she seem interesting. I hope this is one of the games where you don't have to choose between them and can maybe have a thruple with them always hated choosing between characters I like. Keep it up I'm looking forward to more.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Yea one of the reasons I loved her I got a thing for alt/punk/goth plus her personality is great. Yea Isabella was kinda a bitch but I cant wait to see more of her content she seem interesting. I hope this is one of the games where you don't have to choose between them and can maybe have a thruple with them always hated choosing between characters I like. Keep it up I'm looking forward to more.
If you really hate one or the other ...
You could end the relationship with Alex or not start one with Isabella.

I couldn't see why you want to shut down one of the girls, but as I've learned ....
To much early sex is bad ("unwanted sex with Alex")
Not enough sex "No sex in 40 minutes gameplay?! A slow burn scammer!"

Alex is part of the story, as is Isabella (hey, what's the name of the game again?).

There are three endings, depending on you choices

- with Isa
- with Alex
- with both

Last edited:

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
I couldn't see why you want to shut down one of the girls
Me either their different but a good different.

To much early sex is bad ("unwanted sex with Alex")
I don't think early sex was the problem, its more people don't like to be forced into a relationship with I can sort of understand but Alex is too loveable to reject (At least for me)

Not enough sex "No sex in 40 minutes gameplay?! A slow burn scammer!"
I honestly love both slow and fast burn. Slow burn allows you to get to know the character her personality and what drives her. Fast burn, yes you can see action quicker but you can always get to know the character down the road while you're fooling around.

On this site, you have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Lot of people complain about the most redundant and childish thing. Just look out for the good constructive criticism, but keep in mind this is your story/game keep true to your vision worst thing you can do is try to change stuff to please everyone because that's impossible.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Me either their different but a good different.

I don't think early sex was the problem, its more people don't like to be forced into a relationship with I can sort of understand but Alex is too loveable to reject (At least for me)
Thanks!

Both LI's are created from women I know. From looks alike and character.

I understand that some people don't like to be "forced" to have sex with the girl who brought you back to life. Because the don't like her.
Aehm... story mode ... read again ...

She is important to the story.
And she will be in the future, but if you really don't like her, you can end your relationship with her.

I honestly love both slow and fast burn. Slow burn allows you to get to know the character her personality and what drives her. Fast burn, yes you can see action quicker but you can always get to know the character down the road while you're fooling around.
It will be both.

You have Alex as "you are fuckbuddies" situation as a fast burn.

You'll have the background story as a slow burn. With your dead EX-GF, how is it connected to Isabella, to Wil, your job (?)

On this site, you have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Lot of people complain about the most redundant and childish thing. Just look out for the good constructive criticism, but keep in mind this is your story/game keep true to your vision worst thing you can do is try to change stuff to please everyone because that's impossible.
Tanks for the pep talk!

I've been following some devs doing the same I try to do (and many other games which are not my kind to play) and I know what I have to expect.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 59 Votes