5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
A lot of the early scenes and dialogue seems to be complete copies, but the story and characters seem like they're going to be pretty different so it might still be worth a follow

Reactions: BanditoMarito

EternalDrake

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone!

Been quiet since release because I had to deal with some important family issues. After reading through the comments and checking out The Nobody in a Hero's World, I realise that the intro to this game is very similar to that game. I want to give some context into the development for this game.

I was originally just the programmer for this game, working on the backend stuff and slowly putting together (or attempting to, anyway) an RPG system in renpy, using the various resources available on forums and discord. I found a writer/artist who was interested in making an isekai fantasy game with monster girls, that wasn't just another visual novel. We started slowly working on the game around 4 months ago. I was in charge of the coding, animation and editing, and also helped with character design and some environments (most were done by a member of the Koikatsu discord who was willing to help out). My partner was in charge of almost all of the writing and scene creation.

About a month ago, my partner dropped the project, saying he wasn't interested anymore, so I took over the creative aspect and decided to find someone else to handle the coding aspect. He gave me permission to continue using his script and I made only small adjustments, since most of the work was already done. I decided to add a little more here and there, but mainly just worked on putting it together as a quick preview of the game and released it. Dealt with some personal issues over the past week or so and come back to finding out the story was basically lifted from another game. I asked my ex-partner about it and he basically admitted that he took the intro from The Nobody in a Hero's World and made some changes. He also admitted that he stopped working on the project because he struggled to actually write a story. He was planning on using the intro as a starting point for his own story and thought he made enough changes that it would be different enough.

I was considering changing up parts of the intro before but now I will go ahead and rewrite and redo some scenes. Even though the two games are very likely to head in different directions, there are a few too many similarities. The characters themselves will stay the same.

This will probably delay the next release by about a little bit. As for the rest of the update, I'm planning on doing content for Fia, Kira and Momo, as well as progressing the main plot. Stay tuned!

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...so it dont makes much sense to start it now since the next update will basically a new 0.1 with incompatible savegames?

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Hello everyone!

Been quiet since release because I had to deal with some important family issues. After reading through the comments and checking out The Nobody in a Hero's World, I realise that the intro to this game is very similar to that game. I want to give some context into the development for this game.

I was originally just the programmer for this game, working on the backend stuff and slowly putting together (or attempting to, anyway) an RPG system in renpy, using the various resources available on forums and discord. I found a writer/artist who was interested in making an isekai fantasy game with monster girls, that wasn't just another visual novel. We started slowly working on the game around 4 months ago. I was in charge of the coding, animation and editing, and also helped with character design and some environments (most were done by a member of the Koikatsu discord who was willing to help out). My partner was in charge of almost all of the writing and scene creation.

About a month ago, my partner dropped the project, saying he wasn't interested anymore, so I took over the creative aspect and decided to find someone else to handle the coding aspect. He gave me permission to continue using his script and I made only small adjustments, since most of the work was already done. I decided to add a little more here and there, but mainly just worked on putting it together as a quick preview of the game and released it. Dealt with some personal issues over the past week or so and come back to finding out the story was basically lifted from another game. I asked my ex-partner about it and he basically admitted that he took the intro from The Nobody in a Hero's World and made some changes. He also admitted that he stopped working on the project because he struggled to actually write a story. He was planning on using the intro as a starting point for his own story and thought he made enough changes that it would be different enough.

I was considering changing up parts of the intro before but now I will go ahead and rewrite and redo some scenes. Even though the two games are very likely to head in different directions, there are a few too many similarities. The characters themselves will stay the same.

This will probably delay the next release by about a little bit. As for the rest of the update, I'm planning on doing content for Fia, Kira and Momo, as well as progressing the main plot. Stay tuned!
Props for owning up to it! Not too often I see that ;) Even though not intentional on your part, (but your ex-partner,) and there where changes done, they where not enough, as TNIAHW vibes was very present. Far too much so. I look forwards to the new intro, and the samey characters does not bother me as much as the whole "borrowed" story thing with minimal changes. I like TNIAHW, and if your rewrite and changes are better than your ex-partners work, I'll like IHH too.:giggle::coffee:

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Please add some background music or that.. this no sound is really bad. Other than that from what I have experienced so far looks pretty good.
Yeah I booted up the game and as soon as I realised that it was another silence simulator I dropped it. I hope music will be added in the future because devs really should release things complete otherwise you'll end up in a situation where they just create more and more content with no sound with the vague idea that it will be added "at some point" but that point never comes.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Well now that I have had some time for myself away from the bullshit in my life I gave this game a try and it's not bad, but I'd like to say that when you finish the v.01 release and you have the option to go back and get the scene you might have missed with Edna the dark elf smith you might want to include info on how to reset the gather of ore by resting for the day at the inn because the first time I gathered the ore and turned it in was was not enough to raise her affection to trigger the event of her playing with herself.

Also I had the option to gather shrooms to give to Vera for cash and raise her affection as well as interacting/talking to the guild girl and raise her affection once, so you might want to mention that in the next release or if you give an after game chance to get missed scenes you might want to add a scene for Vera if you raise her affection up enough by turning in shrooms as well as a scene for the guild girl and a way to raise her affection up after you raise it up once.

I'm not trying to tell you how to make your game, I'm just offering up suggestions because even though this game is a first release it has the potential to become a classic game.

Good luck.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
Just wanted to say you thank you for the wonderful game with Harem, wholesome and NO NTR. All the girls look pretty and likeable and there's headpats as well which is kinda rare in games these days :cool: ( Lookin at you pic 8 ). I kinda read some comments saying there's a lot of similarities amongst some games such as The nobody in hero's world, the adventure trainer and goddesses whims ( since the plot looks typical and a bit same ) but I hope you can remove those similarities in the your future versions or at least reduce it to some extent. I appreciate all the efforts and love you have been putting up into the game. Lastly, no need to be stressed out about releasing things earlier just take your time.

Anyways, will be keeping a close eye to the future versions of the game and I hope it doesnt get abandoned in midway ^^

Reactions: TheAshenGuy
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote