DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Kind of a weird question for everyone, is there a particular color that comes to mind when you think of Natalie?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just noticed my misspelling. The similarity to teal threw me off enough that I didn't even notice until I saw your post with the correct spelling for steel.
I just got lucky and spelled it correctly since I didn't even notice you spelled it wrong. :p Heh So, that's mot 1 Mick 0. :LOL:

Reactions: DigiDec

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
View attachment 3836066

I'll probably go with the steal teel since I was thinking of using red for Claudette.

Now, any ideas for Stella?
For some reason Stella makes me think of royal blues and lavenders. The complimentary golds that go along with those make me think of her dutchess-like position in the company and her family.
So royal blue #6699ff, purple variant #9966ff, and the goldenrod compliment #eead0e

Reactions: DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
For some reason Stella makes me think of royal blues and lavenders. The complimentary golds that go along with those make me think of her dutchess-like position in the company and her family.
So royal blue #6699ff, purple variant #9966ff, and the goldenrod compliment #eead0e
The blue is kind of close to what I'm using for the MC, but we'll try that and see how it goes. I did a quick test and they're different enough that I think it works. Purple and gold are great suggestions but I'm using purples for Sara and Izzi, and Xiang is going to get gold.

Reactions: motseer

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
The blue is kind of close to what I'm using for the MC, but we'll try that and see how it goes. I did a quick test and they're different enough that I think it works. Purple and gold are great suggestions but I'm using purples for Sara and Izzi, and Xiang is going to get gold.
Glad to help when/if I can. To figure any of them out, and to get a complimentary palette, I just pull up a hex code site that lets me choose by code or base colors. Then once I've narrowed down the color I'm looking for, it gives me complimentary colors that fit within a palette I can choose.
That's where those secondary colors came from, and why they look good together. :sneaky:

My mother worked in cosmetics and skin care for many years, so that among other things has given me some insight into color palettes, finding the right hue, and matching.
Can certainly be fun, and time consuming if you head too far down the rabbit hole ;)

Reactions: motseer and DigiDec
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes