Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
For sure. There's some stuff in the game that I know is already a dealbreaker for some people but the more niche the content the more careful I try to be about keeping it strictly optional. I'm debating whether to include an opt-out button at the beginning of the sim scenes for the trans characters all together. For now, I have it so the MC can choose not to do anything sexual with them but the rest of the scene isn't skippable. It's probably one of the things that I'll revisit later once the game is more complete so I have a better idea of how everything holds together if the entire scene gets skipped.
It would save you a ton of work to simply make the scenes themselves optional/skippable, rather than any content with them.
Frankly, if someone sees the tags and is so adverse to the content that they don't even want to know it exists in the novel, then no amount of letting it be skipped will ever be enough.

Much like in real life where you don't always choose the people whom you meet, but you can choose whether or not you have sex with them, that should be enough for a visual novel.
Anything more is hours of your time wasted for a small group of overly sensitive people; not worth it.

Reactions: Buletti and DigiDec

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
For sure. There's some stuff in the game that I know is already a dealbreaker for some people but the more niche the content the more careful I try to be about keeping it strictly optional. I'm debating whether to include an opt-out button at the beginning of the sim scenes for the trans characters all together. For now, I have it so the MC can choose not to do anything sexual with them but the rest of the scene isn't skippable. It's probably one of the things that I'll revisit later once the game is more complete so I have a better idea of how everything holds together if the entire scene gets skipped.
Hey Digi, a question that all the devs block or ban me for :ROFLMAO:: are there any assets in Daz that have a cow to milk? I always make a joke about a girl in the field ready to milk a cow and everyone gets mad.

And please bring back the Chinese businesswoman in future updates :devilish:.

Reactions: DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Hey Digi, a question that all the devs block or ban me for :ROFLMAO:: are there any assets in Daz that have a cow to milk? I always make a joke about a girl in the field ready to milk a cow and everyone gets mad.

And please bring back the Chinese businesswoman in future updates :devilish:.
Cow?
gc1.png

So there are some cows on the Daz official store and there are some assets that let you do breast milk stuff for people but I'm not sure if there are any cows with rigged udders. You could probably hack a few assets together to get some okay renders out of it as long as you avoid closeups.

Xiang will be back. She won't get a big scene for a while though for... reasons... Remind me after this next update and I'll give some more details.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
It would save you a ton of work to simply make the scenes themselves optional/skippable, rather than any content with them.
Frankly, if someone sees the tags and is so adverse to the content that they don't even want to know it exists in the novel, then no amount of letting it be skipped will ever be enough.

Much like in real life where you don't always choose the people whom you meet, but you can choose whether or not you have sex with them, that should be enough for a visual novel.
Anything more is hours of your time wasted for a small group of overly sensitive people; not worth it.
It wouldn't be hard to put a choice at the very start of some scenes to just skip all the way to the next scene but then some of the follow on dialogue, where the MC is talking about themes and concepts, wouldn't make much sense. Which is kind of what I meant when I said I'd revisit the idea a little later. For context, the sim scenes I'm talking about are much larger than the previous ones and are in some cases are a few smaller scenes tied together.

Once there's more content overall it's possible that I could just shuffle a few things around and the overall experience would still work. That might not make a ton of sense right now or sounds like I'm suggesting something drastic but I think you'll all understand what I mean once you get to play the next update or two.

Reactions: Buletti

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
You scared me with that creature Digi, I was talking about milking a real cow for the sake of a joke and without any sexual context :HideThePain:.

1728583448661.jpeg

• Haha

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
It wouldn't be hard to put a choice at the very start of some scenes to just skip all the way to the next scene but then some of the follow on dialogue, where the MC is talking about themes and concepts, wouldn't make much sense. Which is kind of what I meant when I said I'd revisit the idea a little later. For context, the sim scenes I'm talking about are much larger than the previous ones and are in some cases are a few smaller scenes tied together.

Once there's more content overall it's possible that I could just shuffle a few things around and the overall experience would still work. That might not make a ton of sense right now or sounds like I'm suggesting something drastic but I think you'll all understand what I mean once you get to play the next update or two.
If you are looking for inspiration, you could take a look at Instinct Unleashed by kind nightmares and Project Myriam by Zorlun. They are both at the complete opposite site of the choice spectrum. With the first you get the introduction scene for a kink and then can choose if you want to follow that or not. The second one gives you constantly little choices that let you develop the story in a certain way. (which is as crazy as it sounds)

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
If you are looking for inspiration, you could take a look at Instinct Unleashed by kind nightmares and Project Myriam by Zorlun. They are both at the complete opposite site of the choice spectrum. With the first you get the introduction scene for a kink and then can choose if you want to follow that or not. The second one gives you constantly little choices that let you develop the story in a certain way. (which is as crazy as it sounds)
I've played Project Myriam and that's probably a lot closer to how I'm planning on handling things, as in there will be plenty of opportunities to change your mind. The planned feminization thing will probably have an initial total opt-in/out choice though since I don't think players who plan on avoiding it would enjoy it if the game kept pestering them about it. :LOL:

I haven't played Instinct Unleashed but I'll add it to my list of reference games (it might actually already be on there).

No futa please
Too late...

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
I've played Project Myriam and that's probably a lot closer to how I'm planning on handling things, as in there will be plenty of opportunities to change your mind. The planned feminization thing will probably have an initial total opt-in/out choice though since I don't think players who plan on avoiding it would enjoy it if the game kept pestering them about it. :LOL:

I haven't played Instinct Unleashed but I'll add it to my list of reference games (it might actually already be on there).

Too late...
It's a zero sum game for some unique kinks. So plan the game properly, you don't have to cater to everyone as it will end up catering to no one - myself included. My personal preference is to determine the kink you want to include and then let the players decide it at the beginning - It will then make it easier for you to write and plan. Common kinks can just be a skip scene button during the scene. It will make the story more consistent but will end up more work for you though... hence limit those kinks. It's not Pokemon dont have to catch them all

5.00 star(s) 22 Votes