It's okay to complain while not paying?

• Thread starter Deleted member 79442
  • Start date

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
But merely bitching and moaning at the developer? No, don't do that. Just play something else.
I've seen more and more devs say the same thing to people complaining and it's absolutely fantastic.

After watching so many games become cluster fucks due to devs trying to please everyone instead of just making the game they set out to make it's refreshing to see developers that stick by their guns.

It's one thing to make suggestions and offer constructive criticism but there are a lot of people that like to demand things get changed to suit them and it's nice to see a dev tell them no.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
This is a piracy forum. Games, comics and novels get posted here for people to download and play.

The people on here have a right to their opinion paying or not. Those that pay can voice their opinion on Patreon, those that don't post here.

Now, the big issue some people have is how that opinion is formed.

Constructive criticism is fantastic. If you don't like something, explain why and move on. Posting "this is shit" or "no incest, no game" just makes you look like a dick and it isn't worth posting.

I've made it more than obvious I hate NTR but I won't go into a games thread and say "it's got NTR, i'm out" because it's pointless. If I happen to be playing a game that doesn't have NTR tagged or the dev says it won't be added and then it's later added I will add my criticism then but if it's an NTR game from the start I just move along.

The main reason being nobody gives a shit. Who honestly gives a flying monkeys testicle if i'm going to play a certain game?

No fucker.

Just like no fucker cares if random forum dweller 2987 is going to play it.

Sure we can have a laugh and a bit of banter, it's a forum, but pure vitriol isn't needed. A dev doesn't need to know his game is shit, he needs to know why and what can be done to fix it.

Demanding changes to a game you aren't supporting is hilarious though. I've seen that which is where my "no incest no game" dig comes from. Somebody typed that expecting a dev to change his story to please this one person.

None of us are that important .... except maybe me.
THIS! can't we pin that on the main site of f95 or something? would fit perfectly as a rule.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
In my experience I had great feedbacks here, people that pointed out some errors that I had the opportunity to fix. I have no idea if they are patrons or not until today.

I would like that anyone who ever play my game could give me his opinion. If is a shit opinion, it's my task to simply ignore it :D

Reactions: Hentami