It's time to pick the best story teller.... (2 votes per user)

who's the best story teller ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
THIS IS A STORY AND DIALOGUE BASED POLL, graphics don't matter
the day has come to sit and look at the best of the best, la creme de la creme among the developers.... this time we'll try to decide who's the best when it comes to writing a story (we'll look at teams as one unit, so if I miss a writer's name, dude/dudette be aware you're included) for obvious reasons my close friends aren't allowed to run as it would be unfair...
here are the contestants...

1) Philly_Games the bringer of asses we don't deserve... the story will nail you to the chair, will break you down like a stripper fresh outa nursing school, it will break you but you'll be begging for more... City of Broken Dreamers is the latest game... so if you want that cyberpunk noir adventure, hop in the boots of a ghost and track the elusive Gloria connor if you don't fear the stomper of mechs

2) DrPinkCake... the stories are al over the top, ridiculous, dark and twisted but in the end we all can expect a house fire... latest game is...Being A DiK

3) MrJet and his fabulous life of an aspiring rokstar, Become a Rockstar it's a slice of life story that let's you live the life of a dreamer that wants to follow his dream despite the opposition. the game shines mostly when it comes to the dames and their personality. it will also make you hate cats....

4) Sumodeine ... that one is a tricky story of comedic misunderstandings, 4th wall breaking and murerous vegans.... so if you want to see our "beloved" Eric get shanked by a cute blonde.... it's the game for you ...My sister My roommate is the game you need to try, just don't ask whenis the update... it never works...

5) Domiek and the story of a Personal Trainer living with his cousin.... why does it make the list? humor, believable situations and a frightening insigt into the human mind... did I mention the MC pretends to be gay to work at a women-only gym?

6) Nottravis and an amazing FPP space opera Heavy Five ; the amount of world building and lore available is something that we don't see in games, dialogues are choice based and daaaaamn one word could imply many things and the paths to follow are endless (almost, but that's a tale for another time) The characters are believable, human, with flaws, vices and personal goal.... did I mention they interact with eachother without the player's actions... so if you think you can be a blackmailing ashole, think twice...

7) ICSTOR.... sorry... I couldn't resist making a joke .... but the final contender is Belle with it's the only fantasy game making the list... have you ever wanted to be a truthsayer and solve mysteries with the help of a snarky and perverted pixie? that's the game for you.... the game makes you investigate and analise evidence collected through the story...

8) after giving HopesGames and CheekyGimp a penalty for what theyb did.... they are added to the rooster, their unique writing styles need no introduction nor advertisement as those are masters of pacing and character development

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That's a difficult choice! To only pick one of these is gonna be hard! I back four of these on Patreon, how can you make me choose? Give me a minute... or ten.

Edit: I have to agree with Hui; you've brought some of my favourite devs together. But there can be only one! Team Notty for the win! For we are Notty's Bitches!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
That's a quality list in your poll! But it feels incomplete without HopesGaming (DeLuca Family) and CheekyGimp (Where the Heart Is).

But if I have to choose only one, I've gotta go with Philly_Games. He has the advantage of one completed top-tier game and his current work is a masterpiece in the making.

ETA: And I'm looking at narrative storytelling alone. Depraved Awakening had good-not-great graphics for the most part. COBD combines excellent storytelling with top-shelf graphics. Philly is setting the bar for everyone else.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
First, truly honored to be included. Thank you.

Second, some lone sucker voted for me so I feel like I need to disclose that that sucker wasn't me. My vote went to Philly.

Third, there's some great story tellers listed here and I'm not sure I belong. My story makes one ask the deeper questions in life like "Am I high?.... Was the dev high while writing this"?

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a cry for help or fishing for attention. I think I have a pretty good game but it's not because of the story. These devs have displayed some truly great writing with deep thought behind it. I'm just throwing random Harry Potter quotes during orgasm while we dodge the phantom pooper who shits in the skee-ball machine at the arcade.

Actually... that's pretty fucking awesome. I take that all back, vote for me!

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018