Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

ycMia

Oct 1, 2021
For now, fork the repository into your own account, using the master-ia branch as your base because master-ia is the most up-to-date version. You can give a link to your repository here or in a private message to me and I'll review your changes.

Are you working on tasks from the roadmap or some new ideas? If you have suggestions for the roadmap, you can tag qwertyu12359 who maintains it.
Thanks IA. I got that, and I'll fork it on tomorrow morning. It's a pitty that I shall have a nice sleep (UTS+8) today.

The latter way to contribute is better✌

Roadmap is a verry good project, I'm glad to join it after I'm fully preparied.
Let's roll~

Jan 18, 2018
:( sound not working for me on linux - and every single other qsp player (including standard fastqsp) can't handle the format used here

(edit: built and... the menus dont work :( )
still think it's extremely odd that sound works on ivanowich's version but not this one...
so it turns out its because the f95 version needs wmf for whatever reason... kinda big pain
solved by building from
kinda cringe but i guess it works. if anyone wants a janky version that works on linux feel free to @ me or something

note: weirdly enough, save files are twice as big as windows version (and incompatible)
(after looking at the savefiles... it seems to be using utf-32 or something. quite odd.)

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
:( sound not working for me on linux - and every single other qsp player (including standard fastqsp) can't handle the format used here

(edit: built and... the menus dont work :( )
still think it's extremely odd that sound works on ivanowich's version but not this one...
so it turns out its because the f95 version needs wmf for whatever reason... kinda big pain
solved by building from
kinda cringe but i guess it works. if anyone wants a janky version that works on linux feel free to @ me or something

note: weirdly enough, save files are twice as big as windows version (and incompatible)
(after looking at the savefiles... it seems to be using utf-32 or something. quite odd.)
Thanks for sharing your findings.

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
I followed the post exactly and ended up with a white screen that has the options when I try to start a normal game im stuck in character select, just a white screen.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I followed the post exactly and ended up with a white screen that has the options when I try to start a normal game im stuck in character select, just a white screen.
My guess is that there's a few words you missed in the instructions

Check that you created a "content" folder at one point and that there's a "pic" folder contained in it. If there is, please provide screenshots of these folders.

Also copy paste exactly the links you used (y)

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
My guess is that there's a few words you missed in the instructions

Check that you created a "content" folder at one point and that there's a "pic" folder contained in it. If there is, please provide screenshots of these folders.

Also copy paste exactly the links you used (y)
I figured it out with some trial and error.

I had just added the files in the game folder because the game/content made me think it was and/or. I made the folder then still couldn't get it right. I added the pic and sound files to the content folder I created then added that file to the game. That completed the proper path and I got it working.

Perhaps I'm just blind but there's no instruction in the post to create any file. Maybe that should be done? But i probably missed it or something.

For anyone looking here is the proper path for the game. Download the files, Then create a folder called content place the pic and snd files in the content file then add the content file to the game file.

It should look like this.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Sorry.

Lo as in Loli. I noticed that now when I load the game its just blank when I'm sure that there used to be images and what not for them?
Ah yes, it's okay

Anyway for that problem, my only guess is... Faulty installation. Well I don't play this version so I cannot check if it glitches out but there's no reason that it does. You should verify that every archive you downloaded was compatible with one another.

Basically, try to follow the instructions again from scratch and be attentive about what to download and in what order to install it and where.

And then if that still doesn't work I'll try to repeat your steps and see where it blocks

reverendprimal

May 18, 2021
My jack o nine tails doesn't have any sound or pictures even though I followed the instructions for the download. Sometimes the choices even break and won't let me choose. The tutorial also won't let me choose any options. Any idea on how to fix?

Edit: This only happened for the dev download and not the normal one

Edit: I feel stupid now. Turns out I had to make a content folder inside the game folder and put the pic and snd folders in there

Last edited:

redwood

Jun 10, 2017
I looked into porting the game to HTML/JS.

Seem totally doable, although it requires changing the qsp syntax into js for every single file.
Might be a lot of work. :/

i might look into this again another weekend

Dec 20, 2016
I don't know if this is something the devs would be interested in showcasing or even allowing but I decided to post first and face the consequences later. lol

So, recently I started dabbling with cheat engine and made this CT(cheat table) for this version of the game (2.2). I actually don't know if it will work for anyone else as I have not tried it on another PC, but if anyone wants to try go ahead and do so.
Actually feedback would be appreciated, what works?, what doesn't?, is this of interest to you?. Should I update at some point?.
Ragnarok20 I couldn't figure out how to reset your Pointers for my game. I can find an address and value for "Spark", by simply by adjusting money using either a loan from the slums or spending some money on training. With that address, I don't know how to tie to your pointers so that all of the rest are either offset correctly or I tried playing around with Pointer Maps, but I understood those even less. What method do you use when you open up a new game to reset these Pointers?