Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
And take away this decrease during personal training, for A+ cows, could be considered too.
The thing is, I do not like the idea to pull out a girl from the barn to make her fight in the arena, or teach her a random lesson, just to increase her ego or temper. I like the idea of some consistency in the trainings, furthermore for a very specific like this one^^
Reducing ego and temper currently doesn't happen if the slave is at S+ cow training and you have a farmhand. I don't see a problem with that part of the design. If you remove the stat drains at A+ instead of S+ cow skill, you remove a key benefit of training up to S+ before assigning the cow to full-time barn duty.

Assume players will min/max. They'll take the cow out if there's a benefit in doing so. You could introduce dis-incentives to removing the cow, but they'd have to be justified in some way.

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
Imperator summurized it, but I'll juste add a thought: the idea behind the "mindbroken penalty" was to keep the mindbroken status as something negative, in any case. BUT, I wanted to give something to do with a mindbroken slave, and you can make a broken slave used to be a cow. You should rank up her cow skill by putting her in the barn, but she'll never be as productive as a trained and healthy girl (and you still can sell a broken cow to the public farm!)
Using a mindbroken slave as a cow seemed like a nice alternative to just disposing of her. In my opinion, any sane girl would resist being stuck in a barn and milked, and might thus have a production penalty. Roughly the reverse of current implementation.

Yep, the goal was to encourage the player to milk her at the right time: if this right time was the first day, the player should have milk the cow every day, to maximize his profit. With this boost at 2/3, an observant player could understand that milking during the first (or the last) days is not the best thing to do.
But I understand it could looks unlogical :)
I see that if these production buffs were eliminated the player could get maximum milk by milking her every day, but that also costs the most MC energy. The penalty of frequent milking is already built into the mechanics.

And take away this decrease during personal training, for A+ cows, could be considered too.
The thing is, I do not like the idea to pull out a girl from the barn to make her fight in the arena, or teach her a random lesson, just to increase her ego or temper. I like the idea of some consistency in the trainings, furthermore for a very specific like this one^^
I agree. Having a cow fight in the arena does not make any sense to me. Frequently pulling her out of the barn to do other stuff so she doesn't become mindbroken seems like just a lot of repetitive maintenance clicks to keep a productive cow.

It appears to me there's a deeper design philosophy difference that underlies some of these points.
First, I suggest that design choices should, when possible, conform to generally accepted principles of biology/physics. (e.g. Breasts produce more milk when they are empty; A fat woman who has lactation implants in her huge tits would be a poor fighter.) That way the player can use their existing understanding of the world to predict outcomes in the game.
Second, game systems should allow the player to be at least somewhat successful/profitable within logically grouped mechanics (having a barn with a cow), without exploiting other game areas that are not related. In this case, having your cow be profitable requires 1) having a fiend, 2) having a fiend milker, 3) pulling your cow out of the barn to train her so she doesn't become mindbroken, 4) pulling the cow out of the barn to fight in the arena.

ImperatorAgustusTertius's argument that the balance and design of the barn+cow mechanics should expect players to min/max by utilizing all those other game systems is not persuasive to my ear. Sort of like saying you should only expect a restaurant to be profitable if you grow crops on the roof and hold boxing matches in the building at night when the kitchen is closed.

In any case, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I enjoy playing the JoNT updates and poking around in the code.
I posted here to bring up some things that do not appear to be working right or do not make sense to me. At the end of the day, changes are up to whoever writes the code. If I fail to give persuasive ideas about how the design could be better, so be it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Second, game systems should allow the player to be at least somewhat successful/profitable within logically grouped mechanics (having a barn with a cow), without exploiting other game areas that are not related. In this case, having your cow be profitable requires 1) having a fiend, 2) having a fiend milker, 3) pulling your cow out of the barn to train her so she doesn't become mindbroken, 4) pulling the cow out of the barn to fight in the arena.
Mindbroken cows are still valuable. An S+ "cow skill" slave will not become mindbroken in the barn with a farmhand if the slaver is doing the inseminations personally and has enough sex skill to make her orgasm. Her nature will drop, but her temperament won't. B+ temperament is enough to keep her sane.

Paid inseminations are another option, but the slave needs to be very obedient to accept them without considering it rape (gangbang lesson accepted = group insemination OK / horse xeno lesson accepted = minotaur insemination OK). At those thresholds, the slave's nature won't degrade either. It should be noted that personal inseminations also can be viewed as rape (vaginal lesson accepted = personal insemination OK). Note also, a slave that accepted a sex lesson before might not accept it now, depending on various factors (if slaver is filthy, for example, slave is more reluctant).

Having a fiend maximizes the profit of a cow (less feeding costs). But it is still profitable without a fiend. Just less profitable.

Pulling the cow out to fight in the arena is an extra income source, so of course players who are aware of the possibility will take advantage of it.

ImperatorAgustusTertius's argument that the balance and design of the barn+cow mechanics should expect players to min/max by utilizing all those other game systems is not persuasive to my ear. Sort of like saying you should only expect a restaurant to be profitable if you grow crops on the roof and hold boxing matches in the building at night when the kitchen is closed.
You can't look at a single system and ignore the rest of the game. The game is played holistically. The systems interact. Players min/max. You can't wish that away. If we want to discourage players from doing something, we need to penalize it to the point where the penalties outweigh the benefits.

Last edited:

callikro

Mar 29, 2021
Sure, here you go. (Didn't know there was a cheat menu in-game already lol, also tried to find the value for clothes but couldn't.. yet). This is what's present at the moment. View attachment 1390551

Edit: Dont have the game open at the moment that's why the values appear as '??' but they populate as soon as you attach the table to the game.
i couldn't get the value to show after attaching the table to the game, it just stays as ??

Ragnarok20

Feb 10, 2018
i couldn't get the value to show after attaching the table to the game, it just stays as ??
Did you follow the Read me?, you need to buy at least 1 of whatever it is you want to change. There's a known issue with the alchemy pointers, they do not work as intended. I'm working on a fix/update, also I found the values for clothes, weapons and accesories meaning my cheat would have every (easily) obtainable item. As of right now even if I got everything I'm still trying to make the move from simple pointers to AOB scans meaning the cheat would work for every pc and would probably work for a long time as long as no massive changes to the code are introduced. I'll update my post as soon as I can with the new version.

callikro

Mar 29, 2021
Did you follow the Read me?, you need to buy at least 1 of whatever it is you want to change. There's a known issue with the alchemy pointers, they do not work as intended. I'm working on a fix/update, also I found the values for clothes, weapons and accesories meaning my cheat would have every (easily) obtainable item. As of right now even if I got everything I'm still trying to make the move from simple pointers to AOB scans meaning the cheat would work for every pc and would probably work for a long time as long as no massive changes to the code are introduced. I'll update my post as soon as I can with the new version.
i'm tryint to test how much each variable is affected on slaves by certain actions, and i couldn't get a slave's stats to show even after switching between assistant and slave. nor did it work for buying a fresh slave ( and i did try chaging the values on her, but let me double check)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
i'm tryint to test how much each variable is affected on slaves by certain actions, and i couldn't get a slave's stats to show even after switching between assistant and slave. nor did it work for buying a fresh slave ( and i did try chaging the values on her, but let me double check)
If you wear the Raven Crown artifact, you can see detailed information about aura stats on mouse-over.

dark7337

Apr 18, 2021
I don't know if this is something the devs would be interested in showcasing or even allowing but I decided to post first and face the consequences later. lol

So, recently I started dabbling with cheat engine and made this CT(cheat table) for this version of the game (2.2). I actually don't know if it will work for anyone else as I have not tried it on another PC, but if anyone wants to try go ahead and do so.
Actually feedback would be appreciated, what works?, what doesn't?, is this of interest to you?. Should I update at some point?.
I have to sadly add, that this Table is not working for me.
I am Using the 2.2 version of the Game with the Full content Patch from the Main Thread.

The Values wont populate at all.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
The in-game cheat menu (custom start on easy difficulty to enable it, then go to options) does 99% of what the cheat table does. Pretty much the only thing missing is that the in-game menu it doesn't let you change the current date or how many days until the events. But you can easily get to the next event by pressing "end of the day" so that's not really an issue (and if you don't want to update slaves while doing that, just cryostore them). The in-game cheat menu also gives you toggles for infinite energy, easy combat, easy races, no starvation, etc. I'd be interested to know if you're trying to do something that isn't possible using that.

dark7337

Apr 18, 2021
The in-game cheat menu (custom start on easy difficulty to enable it, then go to options) does 99% of what the cheat table does. Pretty much the only thing missing is that the in-game menu it doesn't let you change the current date or how many days until the events. But you can easily get to the next event by pressing "end of the day" so that's not really an issue (and if you don't want to update slaves while doing that, just cryostore them). The in-game cheat menu also gives you toggles for infinite energy, easy combat, easy races, no starvation, etc. I'd be interested to know if you're trying to do something that isn't possible using that.
Well i wanted to Understand the game better.
My idea was to let the populated values on my second Monitor and see what does what and how much. Kind of in real Time.
I am not that good at reading Aura and i just recently played this game for the first time.

By the way you did a verry good Walkthrough i learned a lot from it.

cheers

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Well i wanted to Understand the game better.
My idea was to let the populated values on my second Monitor and see what does what and how much. Kind of in real Time.
I am not that good at reading Aura and i just recently played this game for the first time.

By the way you did a verry good Walkthrough i learned a lot from it.

cheers
Thanks, glad it helped. Which walkthrough, by the way? I've done a couple of them.

Effects are very situational. You could learn more by reading the code. Look in game\locations. Those files can be opened with any text editor.

dark7337

Apr 18, 2021
Thanks, glad it helped. Which walkthrough, by the way? I've done a couple of them.

Effects are very situational. You could learn more by reading the code. Look in game\locations. Those files can be opened with any text editor.
Thank you for the hit, I will take a look as soon as I wake up :)

You did a custom hard-core no points spend, minimum sparks on a pink haired gladiatrix.

If you did so many I'll check out your profile. Did you by any chance also made any video walkthroughs so far? Guess that would be easier than screenshot -> Description -> repeat.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Thank you for the hit, I will take a look as soon as I wake up :)

You did a custom hard-core no points spend, minimum sparks on a pink haired gladiatrix.

If you did so many I'll check out your profile. Did you by any chance also made any video walkthroughs so far? Guess that would be easier than screenshot -> Description -> repeat.
I haven't done a full walkthrough recently, but I did report on another hard start: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6556890

Here are some other recent posts with advice:

https://f95zone.to/posts/6549347/
https://f95zone.to/posts/6548165/
https://f95zone.to/posts/6544417/

Reactions: dark7337

dark7337

Apr 18, 2021
I haven't done a full walkthrough recently, but I did report on another hard start: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6556890

Here are some other recent posts with advice:

https://f95zone.to/posts/6549347/
https://f95zone.to/posts/6548165/
https://f95zone.to/posts/6544417/

Thank you verry much. I am Proud, that i managed to reach Day 287 on Johnny (easy). I had to be so nice to the slaves, one rough word and they wanted to beat me up. xD

ycMia

Oct 1, 2021
Helllo here~ I'm new here, and want to be a developer of Jack-o-nine-tails. I'm ready to deposit my code modified on git.
We knows that qsp is a pack with a group of files...(Actios? I guess). Recently, I spilt my files into different *.qsrc files like others in \game\locations, then generate *.qsp game file with python scripts.

The original IDE QGen is great, however, coding in a different IDE beyond my job ones makes me unconfortable.
For future development, I trend to use Visual Studio Code... or just notepad++ so well.

Is there any code highlighter on notepad++, or could anybody give some advice on making a code hignlighter based on notepad++? It will give great positive affect to our works, thanks!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Helllo here~ I'm new here, and want to be a developer of Jack-o-nine-tails. I'm ready to deposit my code modified on git.
We knows that qsp is a pack with a group of files...(Actios? I guess). Recently, I spilt my files into different *.qsrc files like others in \game\locations, then generate *.qsp game file with python scripts.

The original IDE QGen is great, however, coding in a different IDE beyond my job ones makes me unconfortable.
For future development, I trend to use Visual Studio Code... or just notepad++ so well.
I use Notepad++ myself, editing the games\locations files directly, then I use the MakeQSP.bat script in the Qgen folder to (B)uild and (R)un the game.

If you're wanting to contribute modifications, you can open a pull request on Git or point us to your repository.

Is there any code highlighter on notepad++, or could anybody give some advice on making a code hignlighter based on notepad++? It will give great positive affect to our works, thanks!
Lokplart could you share your latest code highlighter?

Meanwhile, attached is the QSRC UDL (user-defined language) export that I currently use in Notepad++.

Reactions: ycMia

ycMia

Oct 1, 2021
I use Notepad++ myself, editing the games\locations files directly, then I use the MakeQSP.bat script in the Qgen folder to (B)uild and (R)un the game.

If you're wanting to contribute modifications, you can open a pull request on Git or point us to your repository.

Meanwhile, attached is the QSRC UDL (user-defined language) export that I currently use in Notepad++.
Thanks! That really helps and I'll try that immediately.:D

ycMia

Oct 1, 2021

Hello IA, I signed up the gitLab and I saw your recent updates to the repo. Thanks for your diligent contribution, I'm noticed that you're working on the branch master-ia for a long time.

I have no idea if I can play the role in modding, the branch 'mod' have no recent updates within one year's period.

If you allow my modifing, I'll re-active this branch and edit directly on that branch.
Otherwise I'll checkout the branch from ' master ' to ' mod-ycmia ', thanks.

ycMia

Oct 1, 2021
Btw, recent code was not recorded on Git repoo_O so here's no link avaliable, I 'll submit them in order as soon as possible.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Hello IA, I signed up the gitLab and I saw your recent updates to the repo. Thanks for your diligent contribution, I'm noticed that you're working on the branch master-ia for a long time.

I have no idea if I can play the role in modding, the branch 'mod' have no recent updates within one year's period.

If you allow my modifing, I'll re-active this branch and edit directly on that branch.
Otherwise I'll checkout the branch from ' master ' to ' mod-ycmia ', thanks.
For now, fork the repository into your own account, using the master-ia branch as your base because master-ia is the most up-to-date version. You can give a link to your repository here or in a private message to me and I'll review your changes.

Are you working on tasks from the roadmap or some new ideas? If you have suggestions for the roadmap, you can tag qwertyu12359 who maintains it.