Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
View attachment 3322593
Funny, our detractors were adamant about it being the best thing ever.

Take that sam_yurai :BootyTime:
It's like their version is much more content filled, but I don't know. It's not immersive, there is tons of some unnecessary stuff IMHO, and it is just overwhelming. Your version was the first ever version I played, it is polished and solid. It could be improved here and there, but still it is solid and enjoyable. Also in your version we have much better slave training balance

• Red Heart
Reactions: qwertyu12359

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
What's bad?
- Slave training balance, it is different
- Too much content, like, it there but it pointless
- Low quality of slave images, scene images
- It is not so immersive, like this version (see the points above)

If you would ask me which one to play, then I would recommend this one (2.2.4 version), this one is better.
But you could try version by mars and jinn as well and see yourself

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
What's bad?
Don't afraid of english, there is not too much of text. When you will play for some time you will understand the mechanics without any problems, also with playing an english translated games you will improve your own knowledge as well.

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
I've updated UI background and it became SO MUCH satisfying. Just look at this tiny detail
QSP: 1706984633887.png
Godot: 1706984615802.png

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Small progress report just because I'm already here.

• Updated interaction button design
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Finished interaction buttons creation almost for all actions in Estate (except Cast a spell and Assistant assignments)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It's like their version is much more content filled, but I don't know. It's not immersive, there is tons of some unnecessary stuff IMHO, and it is just overwhelming. Your version was the first ever version I played, it is polished and solid. It could be improved here and there, but still it is solid and enjoyable. Also in your version we have much better slave training balance
I'm not dunking on their version (I find it awesome that it exists), but thank you for the compliments.

Also credit to other co-developpers, if not for them we would have been stuck at v2.0.1.

Reactions: okuru1

Kasev

Mar 1, 2018
  1. Extract the "Code" archive ("game-base-master.zip" OR "game-base-patch.zip")
  2. Open the "media-base-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
  3. Extract the "pic" and "snd" folders into "game/content"
  4. If the branch you chose requires the "Patch":
    1. Open the "media-patch-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
    2. Extract the "pic" folder into "game/content"
Sorry, but in main folder/game is not "content" folder. may I create it, or put folders in another places?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
  1. Extract the "Code" archive ("game-base-master.zip" OR "game-base-patch.zip")
  2. Open the "media-base-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
  3. Extract the "pic" and "snd" folders into "game/content"
  4. If the branch you chose requires the "Patch":
    1. Open the "media-patch-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
    2. Extract the "pic" folder into "game/content"
Sorry, but in main folder/game is not "content" folder. may I create it, or put folders in another places?
Yes, you should create the content folder

Kasev

Mar 1, 2018
ok, please, add that to description, that is need to firstly create that folder.

Swiftyfrog

Apr 18, 2018
Okay what is up with the special a+ missions from the people in raven tower or the citadel? I read them carefully and provide exactly what the general, praetor etc want, but they reject the girl anyway...is this a bug? Cause i have presented them with s+ rank graceful, dexterous girls, but the answer is still no.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Okay what is up with the special a+ missions from the people in raven tower or the citadel? I read them carefully and provide exactly what the general, praetor etc want, but they reject the girl anyway...is this a bug? Cause i have presented them with s+ rank graceful, dexterous girls, but the answer is still no.
For general game advice, better go on the main thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-tails-v2-2-3-old-huntsman-community-development.390/

As for your question, slaves are usually rejected because they don't fit the "charm" requirement. Take a look at the anatomy tab after casting auspex

It's planned for next version to put clearer refusal messages

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
qwerty12359 ImperatorAugustusTertius
again thanks for keeping the project alive.
i don't know if in 2.2.4 is a bug or not but when i save a clothing option with piercing and i use on other slave it place the piercieng even if the slave is not pierced
l.png

it work also with the collars, but after a few days the unruly slave rebels to the colllar

Now just some "funny" idea:
Some interface idea:
1) for the Virgin Hip to place the menu as this
f.png

the same could be said for the Salon Elven Maid:
i.png
the pro is that for the harder character it save a lot of clik.
I retried a johnny start and as it was as annoying as when i played the game long time ago, is a lot of clicking around, every day from the shack you have to go to Serpentine, then to Virgin' Hip then Menu then selecting the cannibal delicatessen, with a menu on the column_1 it save one click a day.

2) placing a shortcut on the left of the slaver portrait fo equipment/objective/diary , not storage since you can acces to it form the slaver image

3)Another thing i thought about (but I suppose is a lot more difficoult) is the possibility to automatically buy from Servilia Quint and Ashura Treasury the saved equipment option.

4)About Isabella:
when the slaver meet her
j.png
it could be fun to restrict the acces to her after a certain level of Guild Reputation (doesn't change much for harder character but for middle and easy char is a big deal)[I know lot of people would hate me for suggesting this but you are in Rome, so f**k you life is hard, adapt to it]

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwerty12359 ImperatorAugustusTertius
again thanks for keeping the project alive.
i don't know if in 2.2.4 is a bug or not but when i save a clothing option with piercing and i use on other slave it place the piercieng even if the slave is not pierced
View attachment 3341363

it work also with the collars, but after a few days the unruly slave rebels to the colllar
Will put that in the roadmap! Thanks

Now just some "funny" idea:
Some interface idea:
1) for the Virgin Hip to place the menu as this
View attachment 3341244

the same could be said for the Salon Elven Maid:
View attachment 3341272
Doesn't seem very logical to me :unsure: I'm fine with "ordered by ascending value". At least it's consistent and I take that over a few removed clicks for specific playthroughs.

2) placing a shortcut on the left of the slaver portrait fo equipment/objective/diary , not storage since you can acces to it form the slaver image
Why not! Sounds good

3)Another thing i thought about (but I suppose is a lot more difficoult) is the possibility to automatically buy from Servilia Quint and Ashura Treasury the saved equipment option.
Hmm... Maybe, not sure

4)About Isabella:
when the slaver meet her
View attachment 3341308
it could be fun to restrict the acces to her after a certain level of Guild Reputation (doesn't change much for harder character but for middle and easy char is a big deal)[I know lot of people would hate me for suggesting this but you are in Rome, so f**k you life is hard, adapt to it]
Absolutely our plan. We want a pre-game and a post-game (depending on the character in story mode). Some characters would start without faction (some of them with a lot of money to balance it out, some of them very poor). And you'd need to gain favors by selling slaves, probably to the moneylander (and/or we could bring some of the weirdest NPC).

Swiftyfrog

Apr 18, 2018
Question is there a legit endgame? Like a story moment that signifies you have completed most everything there is?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Question is there a legit endgame? Like a story moment that signifies you have completed most everything there is?
Yes

You get a credit screen when reaching Patrician

And after that you can still continue indefinitely, with a few quests still (Felicity, Julia if you picked Johnny, and selling a slave to the pope)

Reactions: Swiftyfrog

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
Doesn't seem very logical to me :unsure: I'm fine with "ordered by ascending value". At least it's consistent and I take that over a few removed clicks for specific playthroughs.
Sorry I've expressed myself poorly, what i was proposing was to bring the food menu on the same screen of the Virgin's Hip entry screen, to reduce the number of passage for eating when the slaver live in the slum.
Could be like this or bringing the menu all in the firs column

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
It may be a bug or it is because my med skill is low (D- atm)?
I've the stethoscope but it show the illness only when the slave is an assistant, i don't understand the code enough to find the related line