Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

J3andit

Nov 12, 2017
Hi, I can't get the sound to work.

I downloaded the beta 2,2 release No4 and extracted the media files (Pics and SND) in game/content. But ingame no sound is playing. Windows doesn't even detect the exe as a program with volume (in the volume mixer). Also I checked, but the game is not muted ingame nor in the FastQSP.ini.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I can't get the sound to work.

I downloaded the beta 2,2 release No4 and extracted the media files (Pics and SND) in game/content. But ingame no sound is playing. Windows doesn't even detect the exe as a program with volume (in the volume mixer). Also I checked, but the game is not muted ingame nor in the FastQSP.ini.
Do you, by chance, have Windows 8.1?

We blown our heads on this problems for a week and it might be the common denominator.

The solution we found was to convert the sound files from .flac to .wav and it seems to work. You can do that manually or wait for the next pre-release version that should come within the next 48h (and hopefully the last before stable)

• Red Heart
Reactions: J3andit

WizardNie

Apr 27, 2018
I received a letter telling me my sister is waiting for me at the Vatican, but they're not there.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't have an assistant at the time in order for the event to trigger.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

WizardNie

Apr 27, 2018
OK, new issue: I accepted Lord Spectre's quest, bought Felicity the same day, applied the fiend tattoo, set the appropriate rules, did some other stuff, and ended the day... only to get stuck on a blank screen. The game executable isn't actually frozen, as I can still save/load from there, but there's no way to progress. Tried again with a few variations, but regardless of what I do, if I have Felicity as my slave it won't let me progress past the end of that day...

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
OK, new issue: I accepted Lord Spectre's quest, bought Felicity the same day, applied the fiend tattoo, set the appropriate rules, did some other stuff, and ended the day... only to get stuck on a blank screen. The game executable isn't actually frozen, as I can still save/load from there, but there's no way to progress. Tried again with a few variations, but regardless of what I do, if I have Felicity as my slave it won't let me progress past the end of that day...
I found a couple of bugs. Fixed in the latest dev build, which you can download here:

-or-
(patch)

It's a more recent dev build so you might run into some other issues, but at least that one should resolved I hope.

Latest dev media branch is here in case you run into missing images or sounds:

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Sweet. I'll set that to downloading and have another go once I've finished my current slave.
FYI, we changed the clothing system so you have to buy clothes and accessories for each slave individually and can't reuse them. As a result, any equipment your slave is not wearing at the time when you transfer your save will not be accessible.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
What would you suggest?

In prior versions, clothing and accessories also worked that way. We're going back to that because it adds another element of strategy / resource management in deciding what to purchase for each slave to help with the training, balancing cost/benefit. We also are conscious of the fact that equipment is not one-size-fits-all.

WizardNie

Apr 27, 2018
What would you suggest?
I am not saying you shouldn't do it, just that it is non-intuitive from a gameplay perspective. Most games treat equipment and clothing at an abstract enough level that things effectively are one-size-fits all. If you're going to break the mold in that regard, you should probably make a point of informing the player of that somehow, rather than them just finding gear "disappearing" on them ;).

On the Lord Spectre/Felicity quest: it turns out I can't complete it, because as a loli, Felicity can't be impregnated, and Lord Spectre requires her to be pregnant to be turned in...

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
On the Lord Spectre/Felicity quest: it turns out I can't complete it, because as a loli, Felicity can't be impregnated, and Lord Spectre requires her to be pregnant to be turned in...
As a quick fix, you can replace the jack.qsp with this one. It should convert her age to young when you load your saved game, if she's your current slave. This qsp might be otherwise broken, as I'm in the middle of some code changes, so after you load your game for the conversion, I suggest you save again, then put back the previous qsp. Nothing I'm doing would harm your save if you follow those steps.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I am not saying you shouldn't do it, just that it is non-intuitive from a gameplay perspective. Most games treat equipment and clothing at an abstract enough level that things effectively are one-size-fits all. If you're going to break the mold in that regard, you should probably make a point of informing the player of that somehow, rather than them just finding gear "disappearing" on them ;).
1604086070522.png