Mod QSP Jack-o-Nine-Tails Developer Versions and Mods

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Overview:
This post will contain links to the latest developer versions. For mods and everything modding related, look below at the first reply.
For the full, stable version of the game visit the Main thread

Installing Developer Versions:
Pick the version of your choice:
  • Beta — ( , , )
  • Beta (No L edition) — ( , )
After all of the required files have been downloaded:
  1. Extract the "Code" archive ("game-base-master.zip" OR "game-base-patch.zip")
  2. Open the "media-base-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
  3. Extract the "pic" and "snd" folders into "game/content"
  4. If the branch you chose requires the "Patch":
    1. Open the "media-patch-master.zip" archive and open the folder inside
    2. Extract the "pic" folder into "game/content"
If you want to see if the beta versions have been updated, you can visit the repositories for the code/media and look at the dates when the branches have been updated.
The links above are to the "master" branches from each repository (except for the "No L code" which is the "path" branch is the code repository). Sometimes the "-ia" prefixed branches will be updated first. If that's the case when you're checking, then you can use those instead.

Reporting Bugs:
Please make sure your bug report contains what branch you're using and as much detail on how to replicate the bug as you can.
Also, please make sure you're on the latest version of the branch before posting a bug report. Check the "Updates" section above for when the latest updates have gone live.

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Overview:
This post will contain modding resources and modding tutorials. Please feel free to ask any questions you want, I'll do my best to explain and to help you continue your project.

Modding Resources:
— Tip: There's a keyword section on the bottom of the menu if you're looking for a specific function.

— There are a few little Python scripts that might help you such as "txtsplit.py" or "MakeQSP.bat" (which uses "txtmerge.py"). It's generally a good thing to have if you're modding JONT.

for QSP usable in .
To install it, open sublime, go to preferences -> browse packages -> user and extract the archive there.

The game's has a small section about modding and also a lot of information about the basic mechanics of the game.

Working with Git:
If you plan to use platforms like Git to host your project (or you just don't like the QSP editor), there are separate files for each location inside "game/locations".
Edit them individually, make your changes and after you're done, inside the "Qgen" folder you'll find "MakeQSP.bat". Run it and execute the instructions you want.

Adding new images:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yuzver999

Sep 12, 2019
Hello! I just found a minor misspelling in Patch branch (but probably it appears in more branches). In the first dialogue with Isabella, at 6-th page there is quotes mismatch.

misspelling.png

clystar

May 9, 2019
so theres new update on september. can be play on old saves? my files was made on August 18th

clystar

May 9, 2019
seems like Temperament doesn't increase even though the slave have multiple orgasms during active sex.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi everyone :D. As of a few minutes ago, the lest few updates towards 2.2 have been pushed to the dev versions. The stable versions on the main thread will also be updated soon, after we do some thorough bug testing, but in the meantime, if you'd like to try out 2.2 and also help us find and squash the last remaining bugs, that would be greatly appreciated.

I recommend backing up your saves and doing a new clean install for this update.

Reactions: Puk1302

thxgg

May 29, 2019
In this newest version I can't get Isabella to train the slave. When I put her to do it, I get just an empty template screen that doesn't have any text or pictures. The only way to escape that screen is to press esc, that puts me back to normal living room view as if nothing has happened (no training, no energy spent).

Can't test if different assistant would give me the same result, because Isabella not being able to train slaves pretty much stops the game from progressing further.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lokplart

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
In this newest version I can't get Isabella to train the slave. When I put her to do it, I get just an empty template screen that doesn't have any text or pictures. The only way to escape that screen is to press esc, that puts me back to normal living room view as if nothing has happened (no training, no energy spent).

Can't test if different assistant would give me the same result, because Isabella not being able to train slaves pretty much stops the game from progressing further.
Known issue, fixed on latest dev branch. Thanks for the report!

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Some girls accept gangbang and fiend training asap, while other won't even with devotion and good mood. I don't understand the criteria.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Sanity warning means less resistance, not more. Are you using the latest developer build? Training in group sex activities that involve fewer partners lowers the required obedience for gangbangs. Or being a pervert or nymphomaniac or exhibitionist. I was trying to make it harder to skip past other skills and just start with gangbangs when training concubines, but I may have overdone it on the obedience threshold.

Fiend training obedience threshold is affected by virginity and average skill in penetration category. Because, you know, tentacles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1561231920

daru

Oct 5, 2017
Sanity warning means less resistance, not more. Are you using the latest developer build? Training in group sex activities that involve fewer partners lowers the required obedience for gangbangs. Or being a pervert or nymphomaniac or exhibitionist. I was trying to make it harder to skip past other skills and just start with gangbangs when training concubines, but I may have overdone it on the obedience threshold.

Fiend training obedience threshold is affected by virginity and average skill in penetration category. Because, you know, tentacles.
Well, penetration was S+ and it still didn't work.
Noticed the copy I was playing on is the mod one, so idk how updated it is. Maybe it's just too old. But you don't want to live without the macro actions after you discover them.

Another thing that needs a fix is the weekly auction event, I can just buy a 100$ slave and resell it to 1k 2k with no effort, I didn't remember it like that.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Well, penetration was S+ and it still didn't work.
Noticed the copy I was playing on is the mod one, so idk how updated it is. Maybe it's just too old. But you don't want to live without the macro actions after you discover them.

Another thing that needs a fix is the weekly auction event, I can just buy a 100$ slave and resell it to 1k 2k with no effort, I didn't remember it like that.
Can you give me a copy of the saved game where you weren't able to do the training?

Who is buying your freshly purchased slave for 1k/2k?

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
You can start a new game, buy a slave, wait ten days, and then sell her for over 1000 sparks. Just tried it with the no loli version. All I did was assign the No Masturbating, Vaginal Vibes, and Force Rules assignments. No actual training. Also, is the blue color supposed to apply to the brand and breast size?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for the report, I'll give it a try. As for the color on anatomy, the brand shows in color for me once there is a brand. No brand shows black and underlined because it's clickable. The breast size second line is black for reasons unclear to me (I mean, it was coded that way before I got involved). It would seem sensible for it to be the same color...