i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
qwertyu12359 I've changed the "Real Estate" system slightly(well I redid all the code, but functionality wise it's the same), it now requires much less code (1/4 as much), but now I can't use the _gray.png images I had been using. I'm now using "speak to the manager.png" for my $menu_item_realtorBuy, could you make a $menu_item_realtorBuy_gray.png for when it is implemented into the actual game?

I don't know any image editing, and am afraid I would fuck it up. Or alternatively, if you're not a fan of reusing images already in the game, we could try to find a new icon image and make a _gray variant of that. For now I'm using the template image for my _gray version.

The change I did makes the interaction, and button, basically entirely dynamic and variable based. If the price of rent is changed in #estate_base, the real estate system will continue working flawlessly. But sadly I can't use 'dynamic' icons for the different $estate values.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Btw on the latest version here, the Forum has something rather strange going on
Just check under the download link of the first post ^^
" (One place in White Town has a visual glitch. Go to game/content/pic/bg and resize the "forum" picture to 795x596.) "
------------------
I'm trying active sex with isabella and, for some reason, it isn't working (screen without text). Anyone knows what's wrong?
I'm unable to reproduce it. Maybe there are some variables to take into account that might be the cause of the bug? Anything specific?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or are you using a save from a previous version?
------------------
Cleaning and Cooking work the same for slave and assistant, namely: skill_rise = 1, so seems pretty unique to fiend mating.
Then yes, feel free to change it, and have the skill_rise be the same for the slave and the assistant. ;)

Could you give me some more information about: "- Make it so that updating the game doesn't lead to bugs if loading an old savefile." I want to know what kind of things I can update in a .qsp without running into trouble, and ideally, I want to try taking a look if I can figure out why.
I think it's an engine imitation, from what Powerairmax told me. When the game saves, it seems to implement all the informations of the json files, and maybe some of the QSP. And, when loading a save from version 1.7.5 in 2.0, it will lead to some weird results because of that.

Could you make a $menu_item_realtorBuy_gray.png for when it is implemented into the actual game?

The change I did makes the interaction, and button, basically entirely dynamic and variable based. If the price of rent is changed in #estate_base, the real estate system will continue working flawlessly. But sadly I can't use 'dynamic' icons for the different $estate values.
I'm not sure I understand what's at stake in your second paragraph.

But the gray image, sure, have it. It's in the archive (put it in an archive to avoid unwanted compression).

Reactions: i107760

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Before, I had my functions and interactions hardcoded, now it's all variable based. If you compare old .txt and current .txt attached to this post, difference should be clear. It now takes all values from #estate_base instead, so if that is ever changed, no need to update the real estate system.

I also added a confirmation screen when buying the property, to be more in line with how renting apartments worked in the game. Screenshot attached to this post shows it, looks pretty good I believe. I'll add the 'buying item' sound effect as well in v0.2 of the mod I actually upload. (Just thought of that ^^).

Will update my .qsp files on my mod page soon, with all these updates, and also making Fiend Milking for slave and assistant the same.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Before, I had my functions and interactions hardcoded, now it's all variable based. If you compare old .txt and current .txt attached to this post, difference should be clear. It now takes all values from #estate_base instead, so if that is ever changed, no need to update the real estate system.

Will update my .qsp files on my mod page soon, with all these updates, and also making Fiend Milking for slave and assistant the same.
Since you are making so many additions, I suggest you be the one to make next version and upload the archive when you're done. I'll keep the roadmap updated with every change, and will stay present to give you help if you need it ;)

Reactions: i107760

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Since you are making so many additions, I suggest you be the one to make next version and upload the archive when you're done. I'll keep the roadmap updated with every change, and will stay present to give you help if you need it ;)
Sure, that's fine. Would like approval on: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...mmunity-development.390/page-118#post-2739543 before I change any of the item effects though.

I'll also just keep posting any changes I do here, to get feedback from you/anyone else :)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Sure, that's fine. Would like approval on: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...mmunity-development.390/page-118#post-2739543 before I change any of the item effects though.

I'll also just keep posting any changes I do here, to get feedback from you/anyone else :)
I don't agree with "!["spiked_collar"]: doesn't lower mood, I suggest setting it to -1 or -2. (Steel collar is -3 mood.)". When looking at the description of Steel Collar, it is made to really hurt. The spiked collar doesn't hurt, as the spike are ornamental. It only reminds the slave of her slave status and make her aggressive, like a dog. The rest is absolutely perfect in my opinion ;)

Now let's speak about the prize of the appartment. It should be much, much higher. The rent for a month (4 decades) in The Outcasts is 200$. The rent in White Town is 600$. 600€ is about the medium appartment rent price in Europe, however 4500€ is nowhere near the price of buying ^^ We're closer to 300 000€ instead (feel free to look for exact prices if you want something more precise than my experience). It's about a factor 500! Meaning a house in the outcasts should cost ~100 000$. Maybe that would give even more use to the Money Lander and encourage experienced players to make BIG MONEY. :)

(also, maybe lore wise, we shouldn't be able to buy an appartment before reaching Patrician. I assume the house owners want profits for life, instead of a big sum. So unless we are socially as high in the hierarchy, we shouldn't have the choice. And maybe it shouldn't even depend from the Real Estate agency but from the house masters themselves).

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
How the hell do you add the mod for Lolita's into this!?
Download winrar. Download the Loli patch, open it with Winrar. Unpack the folder named "game" into your "Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0.1 - no-loli version". You should be prompted to replace the files that are already in there (agree to replace everything). And there you go. You get confirmed that you did right if, launching the game's executable, the window is called "Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0.1" instead of "Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0.1 (no-loli version)".

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I don't agree with "!["spiked_collar"]: doesn't lower mood, I suggest setting it to -1 or -2. (Steel collar is -3 mood.)". When looking at the description of Steel Collar, it is made to really hurt. The spiked collar doesn't hurt, as the spike are ornamental. It only reminds the slave of her slave status and make her aggressive, like a dog. The rest is absolutely perfect in my opinion ;)

Now let's speak about the prize of the appartment. It should be much, much higher. The rent for a month (4 decades) in The Outcasts is 200$. The rent in White Town is 600$. 600€ is about the medium appartment rent price in Europe, however 4500€ is nowhere near the price of buying ^^ We're closer to 300 000€ instead (feel free to look for exact prices if you want something more precise than my experience). It's about a factor 500! Meaning a house in the outcasts should cost ~100 000$. Maybe that would give even more use to the Money Lander and encourage experienced players to make BIG MONEY. :)

(also, maybe lore wise, we shouldn't be able to buy an appartment before reaching Patrician. I assume the house owners want profits for life, instead of a big sum. So unless we are socially as high in the hierarchy, we shouldn't have the choice. And maybe it shouldn't even depend from the Real Estate agency but from the house masters themselves).

If the house is made that expensive though, then it'd never 'pay' itself back though. (Right now it's set at 30 decades, meaning 300 days of gameplay after beating the game, before your investment has paid itself back. I can increase it, but if we make it too high, there would be no reason for buying it except for roleplay.) Anyway, just tell me the number of decades of rent it should cost to buy, and I'll do it ^^.

This is mainly due to excluding all extended rentals, and living costs, which are way more impactful in the bills per decade. But yeah, $4500 feels too cheap, but from a gameplay perspective I do believe it's balanced. But for roleplay, a higher price might be better.

You can't buy the properties before patrician, that's already included. Logic works as follows:
1. White Town Patrician in White Town can buy White Town house.
2. $estate Patrician living in $estate can buy $estate house.
3. White Town Patrician, living in $estate, with $estate_fame = 4, can buy $estate house.

The third bullet point is added as an extra benefit to White Town patricians, showing the Vatican's/Pope's influence.

Starting to implement the item changes except for spiked collar now then.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
If the house is made that expensive though, then it'd never 'pay' itself back though. (Right now it's set at 30 decades, meaning 300 days of gameplay after beating the game, before your investment has paid itself back. I can increase it, but if we make it too high, there would be no reason for buying it except for roleplay.) Anyway, just tell me the number of decades of rent it should cost to buy, and I'll do it ^^.

This is mainly due to excluding all extended rentals, and living costs, which are way more impactful in the bills per decade. But yeah, $4500 feels too cheap, but from a gameplay perspective I do believe it's balanced. But for roleplay, a higher price might be better.
Believability vs. Gameplay. Always a tough dilemma. ^^

I'll remake my calculation, because I had "4 decades = a month" in mind, but it's 3 decades actually.

Outcasts = 150$ every 30 days. Factor 500 (for realism) = 75 000$ | Factor 250 (for gameplay) = 37 500$.
White Town = 450$ every 30 days. Factor 500 (for realism) = 225 000$. | Factor 250 (for gameplay) = 112 500$.

I'd go for realism, and you? It'd mean you have to build a true empire, and know what opulence means, if you want an appartment to be yours, and it might not even be profitable. But just like buying an appartment in real life actually. It'd also mean no additional rent for boudoir/cell either, only a price to pay once.
But let's hear other people's opinion on the subject. :)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

You can't buy the properties before patrician, that's already included. Logic works as follows:
1. White Town Patrician in White Town can buy White Town house.
2. $estate Patrician living in $estate can buy $estate house.
3. White Town Patrician, living in $estate, with $estate_fame = 4, can buy $estate house.

The third bullet point is added as an extra benefit to White Town patricians, showing the Vatican's/Pope's influence.

Starting to implement the item changes except for spiked collar now then.
Remember this... there is no incentive to keep playing the game after becomeing a patrician... you can easily survive by selling a single slave on an auction every 60+ days.
Money is more worthless as you only require it to keep playing.
Buying your own apartment could actualy be a target after becomeing Patrician that is worthy enough to be called a goal.
So I agree with realism might be what you go for... 4500 is a joke... I tend to have 50k at the end of the game

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I changed it to factor 90 for now. Which of the Extended Rental options should be included? In v1.0 I will include those in the price as well then.

What about costs associated with Living Standard? I guess they remain the same, or is there a reason it would be lower when you are the owner vs renting the property.

I've also finished the item changes, v0.1 of that mod is now released. Download link for all the modifications and updates is now up at: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ian-rewards-outfit-system-macro-system.41551/

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I changed it to factor 90 for now. Which of the Extended Rental options should be included? In v1.0 I will include those in the price as well then.
We'll deliberate on whether or not to implement a bigger factor in the official version. :coffee:

What about costs associated with Living Standard? I guess they remain the same, or is there a reason it would be lower when you are the owner vs renting the property.
Good question. What are the living standards actually about? It's a gameplay mechanic for the mood based on your character's social hierarchy evolution. But now that I think about it... How to justify that mechanic? What does your slaver do differently when Impoverished compared to Extravagant?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
probably the furnishment, perfume, room aromatics, better food (i.e. spices, etc.), just compare living like a villager with living like a king

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Food is already handled by which ingredients you buy (which includes spices), and interior design handles what your house looks like. Perfume is actually a stat ingame, and Living Standard has no effect on it. So only thing I can think of is maybe hiring external help, like gardeners, servants to help you around the house (other than your slave and assistant, that is...) And maybe what you drink, since only strong alcohol is an ingredient you can buy, so perhaps lore wise you are drinking expensive wine etc with dinner.

I'd also bring up things like how often you eat out, what you spend on entertainment etc, but those also don't apply since they're all actions you actually take yourself (brothel, restaurant, buying gifts, shopping, etc.) So I really have no idea what the lore explanation is for them.

If we want to make buying the house very expensive, we could think about having it influence cost of living too. A lore explanation could be WHICH exact house in the district you are renting, since obviously a bigger house in a nicer area would be more expensive rent wise than a smaller/less nice area. And I guess say then that only the most luxurious villa is for sale... (Which would explain the very high buying price for the property.)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Food is already handled by which ingredients you buy (which includes spices), and interior design handles what your house looks like. Perfume is actually a stat ingame, and Living Standard has no effect on it. So only thing I can think of is maybe hiring external help, like gardeners, servants to help you around the house (other than your slave and assistant, that is...) And maybe what you drink, since only strong alcohol is an ingredient you can buy, so perhaps lore wise you are drinking expensive wine etc with dinner.

I'd also bring up things like how often you eat out, what you spend on entertainment etc, but those also don't apply since they're all actions you actually take yourself (brothel, restaurant, buying gifts, shopping, etc.) So I really have no idea what the lore explanation is for them.

If we want to make buying the house very expensive, we could think about having it influence cost of living too. A lore explanation could be WHICH exact house in the district you are renting, since obviously a bigger house in a nicer area would be more expensive rent wise than a smaller/less nice area.
but food is always available in different qualities (vegetables from the greenhouses in Serpentine Quarter, Versus hand raised vegetables from House Carmine), so expect higher quality consumables.
Also other consumables... like bathing salt and aromas. which are pure luxus products and wouldn't be bought if you have to save any spark you have

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
but food is always available in different qualities (vegetables from the greenhouses in Serpentine Quarter, Versus hand raised vegetables from House Carmine), so expect higher quality consumables.
Also other consumables... like bathing salt and aromas. which are pure luxus products and wouldn't be bought if you have to save any spark you have
Do they have effects on the quality of the food? If you're a master steward, can't you still manage to cook s+ dishes with Impoverished bought food?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Do they have effects on the quality of the food? If you're a master steward, can't you still manage to cook s+ dishes with Impoverished bought food?
you probably can... but with even better quality spices the taste could be stronger or more natural... compare industrial spices versus spices from an indian market for example.
or for example take cage kept chickeneggs versus freeland chicken eggs and so on.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
you probably can... but with even better quality spices the taste could be stronger or more natural... compare industrial spices versus spices from an indian market for example.
or for example take cage kept chickeneggs versus freeland chicken eggs and so on.
So it has real measurable effect? In that case let's keep it as is. ;)

I don't know why but I can't use my qsp 570 on the qsp
You mean your qgen? I've included the right version of qgen directly in v2.0, so you shouldn't have any problem.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes