qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Another 2 pictures that I can't find where they are used are inside scene/gangbang called "gangbangwhiteshortmilf.png" and "gangbangpurpleshortmilf.png"

I'm guessing those were supposed to be normal guild ganbang pics?
To answer your previous message, yes, please absolutely code a new execution with the already existing images.(y)
As for gangbang, that might explain the bug when doing a gangbang in the guild; I added it in the roadmap so you can ctrl+f it: there's a display bug when doing that in-game. And by the way, what a shitty option! It just displays a picture you can see normally when doing a gangbang, no text, and that's it. That's your reward for being an influential member...

I think it should add a guild reputation bonus/malus whether depending on whether or not you're skilled yourself in all gangbang related skills and if you're blazing with lots of energy.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Once the next update comes out I wouldn't mind taking the time to crop and add pictures to girl events. I'm not a fan of the new system for the generalization of girls and event pics because I feel like having the unique girls with unique cg felt better but I dont mind helping out flesh the content a bit.
Wait, "unique girls with unique cg", when was that?

What events are you reffering too, for which version? And ultimately can you show us some screenshot to pinpoint the difference?

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Wait, "unique girls with unique cg", when was that?

What events are you reffering too, for which version? And ultimately can you show us some screenshot to pinpoint the difference?
I'm talking about the old versions back on ULMF before you picked up on community development on the game where you had girls that each had their own cg file with every image thay pertained to that exact girl. Now you have it where a a girl is tagged in a "pool" (such as milf with blue hair) where the image is then grabbed from a folder that corresponds to that tag. Meaning different girls can have the same cg if they are both tagged for similar things.

It's good for developing more potential characters but kinda loses the uniqueness appeal of each girl I guess? Idk.

Reactions: Yukihirou

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I'm talking about the old versions back on ULMF before you picked up on community development on the game where you had girls that each had their own cg file with every image thay pertained to that exact girl. Now you have it where a a girl is tagged in a "pool" (such as milf with blue hair) where the image is then grabbed from a folder that corresponds to that tag. Meaning different girls can have the same cg if they are both tagged for similar things.

It's good for developing more potential characters but kinda loses the uniqueness appeal of each girl I guess? Idk.
Hmm.. I never caught the game in that state..

I don't mean to start an argument but, I kinda like it more this way.
It contributes a bit to a slight degree of anonymity for each girl making them random slaves in the world instead of named girls, usually from a popular anime or manga. I'm kinda don't want to train sakura, hinata, nami and erza for the twentieth time tbh.

But with that being said, I can see reason for wanting to train a specific girl in the fucked up world of JONT. I'll take a look at making custom girls easy to build somewhere in the future. Will probably mix in well with the event system I previously mentioned so I'll do it when I start work on that.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I added it in the roadmap so you can ctrl+f it: there's a display bug when doing that in-game. And by the way, what a shitty option! It just displays a picture you can see normally when doing a gangbang, no text, and that's it. That's your reward for being an influential member...
HA! I knew it was a bug.
It wasn't the pictures, the variable "text[1]" was literally getting the picture path. Already fixed.

I think it should add a guild reputation bonus/malus whether depending on whether or not you're skilled yourself in all gangbang related skills and if you're blazing with lots of energy.
Sure, I'll do that too. But not now, I want to focus on finishing all the pic showing stuff.

I already removed the need to manually edit the json files.
Now I'm making a tool to manage pic packs that would be made by the community so people can make packs with the style and compromises they want and be able to easily add/remove the pictures to/from the game's files.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

I've been playing JONT since 1.7.3, also played 1.7.5 and 1.8. Even tried the original 1.21... this was never the case, as far as I remember.

Aren't you mixing up Jack-o-nine-tails with SlaveMaker 3?

Edit: It's possible in SM3 because each slave is a parody character and there are few sexual acts available. While on JONT, the girls are random unknown girls and there are many options. If it was possible, I'd put myself the goal to find all 20000 pictures needed, but there are simply not enough specific hentai images on internet, especially uncensored ones. For example, the artist that drew this slave: 1030_blond_long_young.png never thought of drawing her in blowjob, deepthroat, gangbang and zoophilia scenes. That's the same for every slave; it's difficult enough just to find one picture per acts even within the pool of all purple haired girls ever drawn, so imagine on picture per act for each individual slave! Hence why specific pictures for all slaves are not going to happen; not because of laziness, but because it's not possible.

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Before 1.75 version of jack every girl was "unique", cause every pick was only for that special girl... But the pick weren't related to it. The only complete game I know that use that system is Slave maker 3... OR Pytfall and whoremaster (I think), but those are a total different genre

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
you might be thinking of brothel king where each girl had their own individual folder of artwork to draw from and u had to download them seperately.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I'll take a look at making custom girls easy to build somewhere in the future. Will probably mix in well with the event system I previously mentioned so I'll do it when I start work on that.
Seems lile the random cg selection and the custom girl systems would clash though no?

I've been playing JONT since 1.7.3, also played 1.7.5 and 1.8. Even tried the original 1.21... this was never the case, as far as I remember.

Aren't you mixing up Jack-o-nine-tails with SlaveMaker
I don't know...maybe..? I've played sim brothel 2:remake, brothel king, hhs, and similar games that have that unique cg tied to individual characters in training scenarios. Maybe that's where im getting things confused...i remember the sex scenes and some training scenes like cleaning having specific characrer cg but training such as singing being generic. Keep in mind this is also with the big modded packs back on ulmf so maybe that's why? Idk, regardless I'll help flesh out the game like I said.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Keep in mind this is also with the big modded packs back on ulmf so maybe that's why?
When I cleaned the wiki of all dead links, there were a lots of image mods and none mentioned specific images, and I haven't seen any mention of that. To me it seems unlikely that someone modded JONT with specific CG for everygirls, because it would need a total remake of the json files, and the image folder structures. Unless the mod had 10 slaves top, that's something that would take hundreds of hours.

But nevermind. If you actually manage to find an old version with such system, I'm really curious to give it a try!

Idk, regardless I'll help flesh out the game like I said.
Thanks for the proposal! It'll be of a great help. You can see, in the roadmap for v2.3, there'll be a lot of work to do!

But, we already have an excel sheet of all the scenes missing in the game as of now. Moreover, I've made a kind of tutorial on request within private messages for achieving homogeneous results with the pictures (mainly the colored framing) that I'd just have to release here on the thread. Finally, thanks to Lokplart json upcoming overhaul, it'll be a lot less time consuming to add image entries. (y)

Reactions: kyoto_leon

razxxx

Mar 9, 2019
Hey fellow Slavers!
I really like the concept of this game and play it periodically for a wile now.
Is the next update on the foreseeable? Is the Economy the next thing on the list?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hey fellow Slavers!
I really like the concept of this game and play it periodically for a wile now.
Is the next update on the foreseeable? Is the Economy the next thing on the list?
Hello :)

The next update is planned, as in "we want to release it soon". But it's a collaboration project and people work on it whenever they want to. Since it depends on contingent factors and there's no hierarchy, there is no deadline, and it's up to all modders motivation. You can see what's left in the first post, I've put a full Roadmap.

About the economy, the overhaul won't be made for next version (we might need someone knowledgeable in economy in order to balance everything out realistically). However for upcoming version, the farm has been entirely remade by Pianocat, and it contains economical management aspects to it. You might enjoy that hopefully (y)

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Economical overhaul is interesting and scary at the same times... Especially when talking about realism in a game. So my question is, Economy overhaul: what do you mean by it? Just wanting it to be more challenging or something else?

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Economical overhaul is interesting and scary at the same times... Especially when talking about realism in a game. So my question is, Economy overhaul: what do you mean by it? Just wanting it to be more challenging or something else?
There's a whole section about it in the roadmap for 2.3. If I understood it correctly, it basically sums up to making things as clear and realistic as possible and also add alternative ways for making money to the existing ones, such as renting your slave to a restaurant or a brothel to work there for a couple hours

Maybe you can send your slave to beg for money?
Or send her to try and steal/pickpocket money?
Maybe a bounty contract board could be added somewhere in the city (or one in each district) that would give you a quest to visit a location and kill/defeat someone (or you could send your slave to do it)
A more normal one would be to send your slave to teach a skill that she knows.

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
There's a whole section about it in the roadmap for 2.3. If I understood it correctly, it basically sums up to making things as clear and realistic as possible and also add alternative ways for making money to the existing ones, such as renting your slave to a restaurant or a brothel to work there for a couple hours

Maybe you can send your slave to beg for money?
Or send her to try and steal/pickpocket money?
Maybe a bounty contract board could be added somewhere in the city (or one in each district) that would give you a quest to visit a location and kill/defeat someone (or you could send your slave to do it)
A more normal one would be to send your slave to teach a skill that she knows.
Wops, I totally saw that part... But skipped the spoiler button. That's interesting, some addons seems interesting and cool. But I suggest caution, one of the major aspect of this game is the "satisfaction" of making things works as the game can be hard

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi.
The changes for the new picture showing system are done so I'm going to go through all the aspects of using it from adding an image to your game, to having pictures show up on screen to making an entirely new act.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If there's anything unclear or if you have any curiosities feel free to ask here or dm me
I will update this post with more information if I need to

Last edited:

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I've merged Lokplart's branch, the game is now updated. Pianocat's display bar will be the next thing that is going to be added. I also deleted the old branches, since everything is merged now I believe (except for some of Slaver0's changes, but he has been MIA sadly... Let's hope he's alright and comes back :) ).

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Looking at roadmap, the following points (at least):
1. roktav's / Pararock's saving time improvement patch.
2. Hopefully most of the small bugfixes assigned to me. I'll try and work on a few of those soon.
3. The system where the slaves loses the desired items when sold, consistent between all types of sales (contract, auction, business and to character).

And of course any other changes we want to make. Then we need to update the the release notes, credits, changelogs etc. in the game and the titles. I'm thinking, this time around, we do NOT make a zip for the game, we just link to the v2.2 static tag on the gitgud, saves a lot of effort and gets people familiar with how it works. (And it's really easy, as people who've downloaded the game from my development thread have seen. Or at least I think it's very easy).

Reactions: Pianocat

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hopefully most of the small bugfixes assigned to me. I'll try and work on a few of those soon.
I should be done with my small bugfixes today. If you want, you can throw some of those to me.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes