Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
I noticed that too, I don't know where that bug comes from (was it in 1.8? Was it in 1.7.3?). I put it in the roadmap for next version.

Pianocat had a project of overhauling the farm, so he might be able to understand the problem, maybe?
Three weeks later... And indeed, the barn is a bit hard to find ! I have almost finish the overhaul, and there will be a new button to quickly access it :

Clipboard02.jpg

I am trying to create my own custom image pack using the tool, but I'm not sure how having multiple photos assigned to a same scene and gir.
I think I have missed something... What tool ? Normally you have to modify the json files, if you want to add more pics to a girl's scenes

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

illiono

Jul 9, 2019
I think I have missed something... What tool ? Normally you have to modify the json files, if you want to add more pics to a girl's scenes
I made some changes to the documentation to match the current version and I'm confident enough to "release" the tool. It was created for adding more images to the game.

What it is / documentation:
Google Drive

Project page:

Download:

Use it for adding images (animated gifs supported too) you personally like to girls (and then to scenes) which you think they fit to. When you upgrade the game, you should disable these customizations made by the program first, check documentation on how to do that.

Last edit: 2019/11/30 - updated the tool to version 2.0.1 compatible with 2.0 release.
This tool. It says its compatible with release 2.0, but I think it should still work with 2.1. Despite that, the sticking to a photo having multiple options in the folder happens regardless of my edits. Maaby I'm missinf something obvious about how to create a pack.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
This tool. It says its compatible with release 2.0, but I think it should still work with 2.1. Despite that, the sticking to a photo having multiple options in the folder happens regardless of my edits. Maaby I'm missinf something obvious about how to create a pack.
Post a .json for me to see if I can see anything wrong. Tool worked the last time I used it.

I can't get the loli edition to work, game won't open
Are you getting it from this thread or my thread? What exact steps did you take to install it? Try installing from the other thread than what you have done, I suppose.

iRoxor

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, I definitely hate how the obedience system works in this game.

I resolved the money problem with exploring the fog, but I still can't make certain girls to obey, that's incredibly frustrating and annoying. Can't raise arousal neither, that makes me really want to kill them all, that's the first time in a slave game I ever wanted to really kill my slave ! I'm even shocked of myself !
Keep an eye on the girl's aura. Despair is the worst possible stat and exponentially makes it harder to train slaves with each point in it. It's even more of a pain in the ass trying to fix it, and I mean a huge pain in the ass. I would argue that Spoiling is the next worst aura stat to let rise, as getting it down means you will have to punish your slave more or reward them less when they deserve it, which is a huge penalty to their daily mood, which in turn means you're going to be spending even more time trying to stat-fix all of that, meaning your contract deadline starts getting closer (if you aren't under a contract, then you are nonetheless getting closer to the next monthly bill cycle with no income to speak of). Fear is easily manageable by maximizing 5-star Good Merit opportunities (magic helps a lot) and using the proper rewards to decrease Fear, but it's still a stat you have to watch out for because letting this stat spiral out of control will quickly add Despair, and then you start snowballing out of control and will probably end up ditching the slave because it will end up being too much work to repair the damage. Fear is actually fairly beneficial as it causes your slaves to perform actions despite their characteristic stats, like a high Pride level.

If those aura stats are getting too high, it means you are being too physical on your slave. Sure, using torture instruments and causing physical harm is a quick way of getting them to be more obedient, but it's also more shit to fix in the long run. That's why I prefer a more calmer approach to it all. Hell, I don't even use the torture instruments in my playthroughs. I don't flog or spank as punishment, either. It all depends on the kind of curve you want:

• The physical approach means they learn quick, but become physically scarred and emotionally damaged, meaning you have to spend a lot more time and money fixing what you broke.

• The calmer approach means you have to grind it out early and make little progress starting out and eventually get over the hill and really start making good progress, all while developing very good aura stats and not harming your slave.

The characteristic stats of the slave, such as Nature and Temperament aren't really that big of a deal, it's just a grind getting them to the level you want them to be at, but they will eventually start developing and it will snowball in your favor, and very quickly, too. Sure, letting Nature become completely fucked means you've just bricked your slave, but you have to actually be a special kind of ignorant to let it get to that point. I've taken the worst possible girls when it comes to trying to get them to obey and eventually got them to work out...

Except Feeble. Fuck Feeble, that stat needs to go die in a ditch.

Reactions: Slaver0
D

Deleted member 48213

Is there any way to disable some of the heavier/grosser fetishes?

Slaver0

Feb 20, 2020
I've been working on slave rules and have done two things :
- Updated the wiki :
- Found some bugs in the code, that I have documented but not fixed (because I'm not 100% ready to make modifications to the code). They are easy to fix though.

This has lead me to some thinking about slave rules and gameplay. I think the games lacks some way to show the players how the rules are enforced, broken, and what are the effects. Yet it's a very important part of the game. Setting proper rules and understanding their effects makes a huge difference. For an example, did you know that when wearing vaginal vibes, slave mood is affected by her vaginal skill ? But only if the rules are not forced ?
I would like to have your opinions about the following points :
- Most rules affect mood, stats and skills only if not forced. Shouldn't they also have the same effects as long as they are followed, forced or not ?
- The end day screen only tells you if your slave breaks rules or not. That doesn't feel to be enough for me. It should be obvious that the slaver is able to know precisely which rules are broken or not, isn't it ?
- When the rules are forced, would it be good to have a hint about the slave willingly following rules, or the slave following rules only because she is forced to do so ? I mean, when it comes to Force humility, for an example, shouldn't the slaver know if he had to resort to force or threats ? But on the other hand, if the gag is applied (force silence, force rules), can the slaver know if the slave is willingly silent ? Would she speak if not for the gag ?
- Wouldn't it be a useful addition to have text hinting the rules effects ? For an example : "Cynthia behaved humbly for the whole day. It can only help her become a good slave as time goes by". And maybe use this text to tell if rules are willingly followed ? Such as : "Cynthia reluctantly walked on all fours for the whole day, the pet suit allowing her no other position. She is quickly learning how to be a good pet, docile and unashamed. Seeing her behave like this makes you satisfied". These are just quick examples, texts would need be to be worked on.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Wisarddd

Jan 19, 2019
Slaver0
I guess rules not actualy working while forced can be counted as bug, it can't be intended. For example, forced toilet not affecting hygiene is just stupid. I suggest either adding ***_rule_res = 0 to
Code:
IF blowjob_rule_res < 0:
    slave['neg_rules'] = 1
    iwanttobreakbutcant_blowjob_rule = 1
    num_rules_wanttobreak += 1
END
that (and ofc all other rules ) block, or changing block with stats like that:
Code:
!IF blowjob_rule = 1 and blowjob_rule_res >= 0:
IF blowjob_rule = 1 and (blowjob_rule_res >= 0 or iwanttobreakbutcant_blowjob_rule = 1):
2nd option is better, but requires more work

Slaver0

Feb 20, 2020
I guess rules not actualy working while forced can be counted as bug, it can't be intended. For example, forced toilet not affecting hygiene is just
Agreed. I've fixed it in yet another way, because the rest of the rules code has already changed due to my cleanup. I think the final solution is even better. The commit is here if you want to check :

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Most of the things you've brought up here and on my thread have been implemented by Slaver0 and merged into master by me. I'll now start working on splitting jack.txt up into locations as Kevin Smarts recommended, and then help with further cleanup and my own development.

As always, list of commits can be found here:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Splitting has been completed. I've adapted the tools provided by Kevin Smarts to work with our game, thank you again for the scripts Kevin :) I will soon update my development thread on new instructions for players to build/upgrade the game. It's way easier now. I guess I'll only provide archives for the game for versioned releases from now on. Thanks again Slaver0 and Wisarddd for the contributions.

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
np, the scripts were written for Girl Life when the English Language version first started some time before I was even involved so I can't take any credit for them.

Glad its all working or you and as I said before any questions or issues I'm more than happy to help.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
qwertyu12359 " - "My pants are bursting from the boner" message shouldn't happen when rule "behave:alarm" + oral_skill >= B+." has been implemented. (The good moodlet effect from rule has been fixed, and a skilled sex slave removes the negative moodlet too.) Could you also add the following to roadmap as implemented:
" - Rework and fix rules and rule effects." (thanks Slaver0)

I've also selected new colors for the 3 systems, I believe they're readable now. Feel free to test it out if you want. Download for jack.qsp: . (With new tools, it's very easy to update jack.qsp, it's great).

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
List of little fixes to implement:
- In the cheat menu, the color "middle blue" is too intense and we can't see it properly. Maybe "0034AF" or any value around would work better?
- In the cheat menu, "Natural Grace" has a number right next to it. There should be a ":" right before the number, just like obedience.
- In the cheat menu, there can be a blank value if you go to far right. It'd be better if there isn't.
- "Nipple Pierced" and "Clitoris Pierced" are in red color... Now that I see it, I think they should not be. It's like it's a bat thing compared to having it not pierced.
- Dark Green is S++ and Light Green is S+... it should be the opposite. Because Dark Red is the worse, and the brain is accustomed to thing "ok, the brighter it gets, the better it is", and it verifies right until Green.
- Remove the "brand" option in cheat menu ^^ I tried in various apartments, and reverting back, it still does the bug. I think either we remove the brand option or the cheat menu all together, at least until a fix for it is found.

Edit: 1) Is " - Rework and fix rules and rule effects." (thanks Slaver0) implemented fully? I tried with a new slave, ticked all the rule, and only got the usual message "she's not trying to hide that she's disobeying the rule", rather than a brief but comprehensive statement of the effects.

2) I think we should tackle the balancing issue of the slaves (we can put it in the economic overhaul for later). Simply put, some specializations are too easy, some are too time consuming, and this is a fundamental design flaw (somewhat realistic, I know, but we can think about finding a less flawed balancing without compromising the realism too much).
For exemple, Servants and Assistants are easy and straight-forward (just improve obedience, some normal skills, and some sexual skills).
Concubines need all sexual skills + the same amount of normal normal skills as for the others. Ponygirls need devotion, which is basically a brickwall that forces one type of behavior with your slaves, while it could feel more fun if it needed an insane amount of obedience and some specific skills (fitness, horse fucking...) rather than mechanically training her to be overly polyvalent and make her cook and clean until her overhaul level improves (and be a Servant on steroid). As for Gladiatrix, it requires some overly specific hard to chante Nature, which is basically forcing the player to save/load and profit from the RNG, as opposed to if training the slave at the Colosseum actually had an effect (and maybe, with a better fighting system in v2.3, an experience system will be implemented and will be the focus).
In other words, balance everything out so each specialization is fun and challenging in its own way, but also take a similar time frame to be finished for experienced player.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
- In the cheat menu, the color "middle blue" is too intense and we can't see it properly. Maybe "0034AF" or any value around would work better?
Which blue do you mean? The color of the headers, like "Slave Editor" etc. is not set by me, but left as default. For stats, cheat menu simply displays the actual thing it displays ingame since it directly fetches it from there. It's not like it actually does anything if you go too far, it just stays at the highest level.
In the cheat menu, there can be a blank value if you go to far right. It'd be better if there isn't.
This would require rewriting the entire cheat menu and the way all stats work in the entire game as far as I can see. I'm not fixing this. Cheat menu is not a 'real' part of the game, slight oddities are to be accepted.
Edit: 1) Is " - Rework and fix rules and rule effects." (thanks @Slaver0) implemented fully? I tried with a new slave, ticked all the rule, and only got the usual message "she's not trying to hide that she's disobeying the rule", rather than a brief but comprehensive statement of the effects.
No, but that would also be a different step. Before the rules themselves didn't work, and had different logic. Hence this being a separate goal on the roadmap. Feel free to add more clear messages from rules to roadmap, but I won't be working on that, not sure if Slaver0 is going to.

The red color for piercings etc. I'm aware of, and have fixed, just haven't pushed it yet due to the damned bug I'm experiencing and trying to solve. Might have to just reinstall windows or something... Because I really have no clue how to fix it.
- Dark Green is S++ and Light Green is S+... it should be the opposite. Because Dark Red is the worse, and the brain is accustomed to thing "ok, the brighter it gets, the better it is", and it verifies right until Green.
I've done this now, but imo, it looks worse. I've also made it so that "No Brand" is not clickable when in the cheat menu, so that bug is fixed.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Which blue do you mean? The color of the headers, like "Slave Editor" etc. is not set by me, but left as default. For stats, cheat menu simply displays the actual thing it displays ingame since it directly fetches it from there.
The header is not perfect, but it's fine. Now the actual stats, for exemple if I go from Impoverished to Comfortable on the cheat Menu, Comfortable is an absolute eye sore. Maybe my screen is not the best calibrated there is tho.

This would require rewriting the entire cheat menu and the way all stats work in the entire game as far as I can see. I'm not fixing this. Cheat menu is not a 'real' part of the game, slight oddities are to be accepted.
Bummer... But now it's a real part of the game since we included it. Maybe we can put a little Window whenever someone opens up the cheat menu for the first time, like for a new version: "The game was not thought with a cheat functionality in mind. It will work, but slight oddities are to be expected".

No, but that would also be a different step. Before the rules themselves didn't work, and had different logic. Hence this being a separate goal on the roadmap. Feel free to add more clear messages from rules to roadmap, but I won't be working on that, not sure if Slaver0 is going to.
Edited first post accordingly.

the damned bug I'm experiencing and trying to solve. Might have to just reinstall windows or something... Because I really have no clue how to fix it.
Are you still referring to when you remove the brand, it messes up with the rules? Don't reinstall windows ^^ If I could reproduce it on my system, there's no way that'd lead to a different result.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Are you still referring to when you remove the brand, it messes up with the rules? Don't reinstall windows ^^ If I could reproduce it on my system, there's no way that'd lead to a different result.
How'd you get your game to look right again? I've reinstalled the game, deleted all files I could find on my system related to QSP and it still remains looking fucked up, no matter which version of the QSP I load (and I start new games, of course).

The blue looks good on my screen... We need more opinions I suppose. The one you provided initially was not well-readable for me.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes