qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I'm no expert myself, but I do know that extensions of any type in general (music, pictures, documents) come with their own set of data that can be used to variety of manners, for example, a picture might have things like date it was created, last time it was modified, comments and other tags that lets other programs identify certain aspects of said specific file, that's "metadata". Since the game doesn't need any of that, removing them doesn't do any harm afaik. Unfortunately this is about as much as I know and I'm not even sure if that's right or if it's all there is to it. :rolleyes:

As for compression, just think of the difference between a .wav file vs .flac one. They're both the same quality (lossless) but flac has largely less file size at the cost of slightly more complex decoding (CPU usage). PNG simiraly can be lossless but it depends on how it was compressed and which algorithm was used to do so. If you compress it once more with a more robust level of complexity, then the file size can be further minimized with no loss to quality, because what you're changing is not the quality of the file, but of the compression itself.

I noticed this while trying to switch the animated PNGs to APNG. Even if the conversion is succesful, it unfortunately doesn't play in-game. Sad but what can we do.

Sure, though my internet speed is relatively slow so although I'm doing it myself it'll take a while just to upload the whole thing. Keep in mind that I'm doing the lossy version first so if you don't want to wait for the lossless one, it's pretty easy to do this yourself: just download a program that can correctly compress in batches without messing up the quality of the files. I recommend since it makes it easy to do it in just a few clicks. Here's a screenshot with the options you want to make sure no quality is lost should you want to test and see if it works. Just keep in mind it'll take a while to compress them all, there's over 7k images after all.

Oh right. If you try to compress the whole folder it won't work, you need to convert folders without subfolders, so don't start with the pic folder in content, start with the "bg", then "buttons", etc. Another one is "girls" that have subfolders, so go in and start with "body" then "face" as you go along. If you get any issues with the program do tell me I'll try to see why that is.

I'm already working on my own so once I finish with that I'll try to upload it here so everyone else can test them as well. As for credits, well, we can talk about it later, I want to see if this works properly first. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the set of instruction! I can manually see the difference between lossless and lossy even in blind tests so I will go for lossless. Whenever version 2.2 will be about to release, I'll hand it over to the main developer (this could take a while so maybe you'll have done it before me). I'm very glad this game is still receiving its fair share of improvements even though it's been 6 years since its first release! :)

4thDimensionalMind

Feb 1, 2018
Thanks for the set of instruction! I can manually see the difference between lossless and lossy even in blind tests so I will go for lossless. Whenever version 2.2 will be about to release, I'll hand it over to the main developer (this could take a while so maybe you'll have done it before me). I'm very glad this game is still receiving its fair share of improvements even though it's been 6 years since its first release! :)
Just to make sure, which quality setting you used for lossy? Maybe I just haven't seen enough images but with default settings on quality 5, with extreme compression, I had to look really hard to see any differences unless I was making side-by-side comparisons.

Here's my complete pack. I've been using the lossy one for at least a day and haven't noticed anything out of form, so the lossless one should be even better.

Lossy: .
Lossless: .

Just to note: there's no way to compress the gif files because the lossless approach with APNG doesn't seem to work, so even if you convert them to APNG, when it comes to in-game, they won't play, so I can only let them be as big as they are... specifically bukkake_black_long_young_2.png. This single gif alone is 42MB just by itself... which makes me question how much more the other animated gifs take space out of the whole pack. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just to make sure, which quality setting you used for lossy? Maybe I just haven't seen enough images but with default settings on quality 5, with extreme compression, I had to look really hard to see any differences unless I was making side-by-side comparisons.

As for how long it'll take -- don't worry it should be done in a few hours or so (depends on my upload speed). I'll edit this post as I upload the packs.

Lossy: Base back, .
Lossless: Base back, .

Just to note: there's no way to compress the gif files because the lossless approach with APNG doesn't seem to work, so even if you convert them to APNG, when it comes to in-game, they won't play, so I can only let them be as big as they are... specifically bukkake_black_long_young_2.png. This single gif alone is 42MB just by itself... which makes me question how much more the other animated gifs take space out of the whole pack. :FacePalm:
Which quality I used for "lossy"? I think you misunderstood. I just checked at your exemple image and could see the difference (blurry pubes sold it off, and then I zoomed in and checked the differences in details. It's quite noticeable and I wan't no compromises).

Here's one thing tho. I'm not policing, just a heads up that you can't post loli content on this forum. We had problems with that and the game almost got taken down from F95 last year. For loli direct download links, we can talk via private messages, or via discord.

The game used to be 5.7gb in version 1.7.5 just because of animated Gif (which were censored and pixelated). So yeah, we're no where need the need that anymore, thankfully!

4thDimensionalMind

Feb 1, 2018
Which quality I used for "lossy"? I think you misunderstood. I just checked at your exemple image and could see the difference (blurry pubes sold it off, and then I zoomed in and checked the differences in details. It's quite noticeable and I wan't no compromises).

Here's one thing tho. I'm not policing, just a heads up that you can't post loli content on this forum. We had problems with that and the game almost got taken down from F95 last year. For loli direct download links, we can talk via private messages, or via discord.

The game used to be 5.7gb in version 1.7.5 just because of animated Gif (which were censored and pixelated). So yeah, we're no where need the need that anymore, thankfully!
Oh. I see it now, I mostly noticed a loss in quality around the gradient of the pillows behind her, the pubes somewhat weirdly went over my head, lol. Also sorry for that link, didn't know it wasn't a thing, removed it now.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Slaver0

Feb 20, 2020
Your discussion about pictures is very interesting. Let me add a few personal thoughts that popped up while reading :
- We could distribute the game with two different content packs, the HD pack (lossless, animated gifs) and the normal pack (lossy, no animations). It could be a solution if we disagree on the best level of compression to use.
- Improving the QSP player to make it able to read modern formats could be very interesting. APNG is interesting, but we could also move to a real movie format, like webm, which would open a whole new realm of possibilities
- I've been wondering for a long time about the possible partnerships between games and video platforms. xvideos.com, for an example, allows any other website (or software) to embed its videos. In a more distant future, I think Jack-o-Nine could be linked to a video platform, or several video platforms, in order to display videos without having to distribute them in the content pack. My thoughts on the topic go further than that, but it's too early to develop IMO.

Improving the QSP player seems completely doable, we should allow ourselves to think about it. I think I can delve into it if no one else wants to.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Your discussion about pictures is very interesting. Let me add a few personal thoughts that popped up while reading :
- We could distribute the game with two different content packs, the HD pack (lossless, animated gifs) and the normal pack (lossy, no animations). It could be a solution if we disagree on the best level of compression to use.
- Improving the QSP player to make it able to read modern formats could be very interesting. APNG is interesting, but we could also move to a real movie format, like webm, which would open a whole new realm of possibilities
- I've been wondering for a long time about the possible partnerships between games and video platforms. xvideos.com, for an example, allows any other website (or software) to embed its videos. In a more distant future, I think Jack-o-Nine could be linked to a video platform, or several video platforms, in order to display videos without having to distribute them in the content pack. My thoughts on the topic go further than that, but it's too early to develop IMO.

Improving the QSP player seems completely doable, we should allow ourselves to think about it. I think I can delve into it if no one else wants to.
In my opinion and experience, this kind of project should be our last priority because their benefits don't overthrow the ressource in time and efforts needed, as opposed to everything in the roadmap.

- an HD pack wouldn't make sense, because nothing in the game is currently in HD. The visual quality is heterogeneous, now, no way we can share an allegedly "good looking" version. Moreover, the less download possibilities, the better (for torrent sharing in regular trackers for exemple); there's already a regular and a loli version, and then the beta most recent version, with also its loli branch and no-loli branch... Not only that, but:
1) there's no reason to find a compression compromise if the game weighs already as little as ~1,5gb and can be further reduced without loss.
2) there aren't many animated gifs. The 42mb ones are totally disposable and could be replaced by still pictures of similar/better art quality.

- I'm all for adding new formats in the game. So it's actually okay. But at the risk of it being dissapointing if there's no content that uses it. But you're right, it leaves the possibility for future modding!

- I'm not sure I understand. You want the game to reach from xvideos servers to read videos? Or you want the game to be playable on xvideo?
If 1). It means mandatory internet connection. It means possible lag. It also assumes that the specific videos will be on their servers forever. It also means less thought-out loli content (and the loli patch isn't optional; it restores the game "as intended", as it's part of the legacy). It also assumes that videocontent are likely to be an improvement over static images, which is not necessarily the case (especially given the low attention of detail hentai anime gets compared to cover arts of professional h-mangas).
If 2). Okay, cool! Really. Although, still, no loli content restauration possible, there (but we can find a compromise and display a disclaimer to the playerbase).

Don't think I'm not allowing myself to think big, at the opposite, I've always wanted this game to be as good as it possibly can. I also don't want you to think I'm shitting on your ideas or discouraging exchanges about what Jont should or could be. Again, my point is that in terms of urgency and cost/benefit, this should go further down the list than anything on the roadmap. And maybe your motivation to work on this game won't be eternal. Therefore, it should be used efficiently, as I think it'd be best for you, the game artistic and playable value, and the community if your motivation was used for more substantial improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slaver0

4thDimensionalMind

Feb 1, 2018
In my opinion and experience, this kind of project should be our last priority because their benefits don't overthrow the ressource in time and efforts needed, as opposed to everything in the roadmap.

- an HD pack wouldn't make sense, because nothing in the game is currently in HD. The visual quality is heterogeneous, now, no way we can share an allegedly "good looking" version. Moreover, the less download possibilities, the better (for torrent sharing in regular trackers for exemple); there's already a regular and a loli version, and then the beta most recent version, with also its loli branch and no-loli branch... Not only that, but:
1) there's no reason to find a compression compromise if the game weighs already as little as ~1,5gb and can be further reduced without loss.
2) there aren't many animated gifs. The 42mb ones are totally disposable and could be replaced by still pictures of similar/better art quality.

- I'm all for adding new formats in the game. So it's actually okay. But at the risk of it being dissapointing if there's no content that uses it. But you're right, it leaves the possibility for future modding!

- I'm not sure I understand. You want the game to reach from xvideos servers to read videos? Or you want the game to be playable on xvideo?
If 1). It means mandatory internet connection. It means possible lag. It also assumes that the specific videos will be on their servers forever. It also means less thought-out loli content (and the loli patch isn't optional; it restores the game "as intended", as it's part of the legacy). It also assumes that videocontent are likely to be an improvement over static images, which is not necessarily the case (especially given the low attention of detail hentai anime gets compared to cover arts of professional h-mangas).
If 2). Okay, cool! Really. Although, still, no loli content restauration possible, there (but we can find a compromise and display a disclaimer to the playerbase).

Don't think I'm not allowing myself to think big, at the opposite, I've always wanted this game to be as good as it possibly can. I also don't want you to think I'm shitting on your ideas or discouraging exchanges about what Jont should or could be. Again, my point is that in terms of urgency and cost/benefit, this should go further down the list than anything on the roadmap. And maybe your motivation to work on this game won't be eternal. Therefore, it should be used efficiently, as I think it'd be best for you, the game artistic and playable value, and the community if your motivation was used for more substantial improvements.
Agreed with pretty much everything. I like the idea of thinking big but something like embed videos is definitely a few years away at this pace, lol. The game is already struggling without a lot of developers to work on it, and there's apparently so many things to fix and implement still... if someone was a dev and knew russian they could port some of the changes their version are using to help speed things up, but in either case, it's daunting just thinking about it.

I've been playing this for the last few days or so and have my own thoughts on how to improve or change certain mechanics, but I know such changes won't come without a considerable time investment, which is a precious resource. All I can do is suggest simple things like better compression and perhaps some other tweaks as I think of them.

For me the biggest issue right now is that the gameplay as it currently stands relies too much on end user research. It doesn't matter what game it is — if you need to spend more time learning how to play it instead of actually playing it — there's something wrong there. I personally don't mind a certain amount of time sinking into learning mechanics, sometimes they're worth it, but for what we have right now it's a difficult sell. Regardless, I'm still thankful for the effort of the people working on this, as I know this kind of thing relies on passion more than anything else.

Reactions: Slaver0

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Relying on external services for the game is a very bad idea, especially given the loli content. As for compression, I prefer lossless images. HDD/download speed is for the majority if people not a big concern, and the game is not THAT big, especially compared to many other games.

Jan 13, 2018
Trying to turn in my slave to the bishop in Quarter of the Bull. He rejects her saying that she has the heart of a harlot. She was a virgin when I bought her and I was careful to not take it throughout all the training. Otherwise I met all the requirements. Any idea why this is happening?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Trying to turn in my slave to the bishop in Quarter of the Bull. He rejects her saying that she has the heart of a harlot. She was a virgin when I bought her and I was careful to not take it throughout all the training. Otherwise I met all the requirements. Any idea why this is happening?
He has two way of refusing because she's a harlot. Maybe her charm level wasn't high enough for a nitpicking guy like him!

1) $refuse_charm_quote['bishop_molaru'] = ' [Archbishop Molaru]
- On the outside she looks innocent. But do not be deceived, my son. This is the charm of a succubus. In this harlot core of Sin, full of rot and worms. Get her out of my sight!'

2) $refuse_special_quote['bishop_molaru'] = ' [Archbishop Molaru]
- On the outside she looks innocent. But do not be deceived, my son. This is the charm of a succubus. In this harlot core of Sin, full of rot and worms. Get her out of my sight!'

Reactions: cunning_linguist
Jan 13, 2018
He has two way of refusing because she's a harlot. Maybe her charm level wasn't high enough for a nitpicking guy like him!

1) $refuse_charm_quote['bishop_molaru'] = ' [Archbishop Molaru]

2) $refuse_special_quote['bishop_molaru'] = ' [Archbishop Molaru]
Nope, wasn't her charm. Bumped it up from A to S, made sure she was cleaned, got rid of her desire, and even got a checkup before turning it in, still get the same message. I really don't know what's going on.

Slaver0

Feb 20, 2020
Nope, wasn't her charm. Bumped it up from A to S, made sure she was cleaned, got rid of her desire, and even got a checkup before turning it in, still get the same message. I really don't know what's going on.
I think that when the girls had been refused once because of her charm by a high-ranking NPC, it will never be accepted by that NPC again; whatever you do. I've had the exact same problem you had, checked the code, and that was the cause. I find this very annoying by the way. At least we should have a message hinting this like "no, I already said no to this filthy [insert anything here] girl, show me another one."

ogatha

Mar 23, 2018
So I'm probably just a dingus... but I can't seem to ever equip two handed weapons. I'm doing the first guy, so I know my strength and combat are ace. But whenever I try and equip a flamberge in a fight nothing happen. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Jan 13, 2018
I think that when the girls had been refused once because of her charm by a high-ranking NPC, it will never be accepted by that NPC again; whatever you do. I've had the exact same problem you had, checked the code, and that was the cause. I find this very annoying by the way. At least we should have a message hinting this like "no, I already said no to this filthy [insert anything here] girl, show me another one."
No, I make backup saves before selling slaves to prevent that sort of thing from happening. So I honestly don't know what could be the cause.

Jan 13, 2018
So I'm probably just a dingus... but I can't seem to ever equip two handed weapons. I'm doing the first guy, so I know my strength and combat are ace. But whenever I try and equip a flamberge in a fight nothing happen. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong?
You need to equip weapons and armor at home before you can bring them into combat. 2 handed weapons go in the shoulder holster on the equip screen. You can equip as many weapons you want at home, but when bringing weapons to battle in the prep screen trying to use a 1 handed weapon will prevent you from using a 2 handed weapon and vice-versa.

ogatha

Mar 23, 2018
You need to equip weapons and armor at home before you can bring them into combat. 2 handed weapons go in the shoulder holster on the equip screen. You can equip as many weapons you want at home, but when bringing weapons to battle in the prep screen trying to use a 1 handed weapon will prevent you from using a 2 handed weapon and vice-versa.
NGL I was annoyed at first by your comment because I had equipped it all at home.

BUT. I also just discovered that in the "prep for battle" type screen... everything is a button, I've always been switching weapons during fights lol Either way, that is when I can equip the two handed weapons. When you try to switch to a two-handed weapon during a fight nothing happens.

Thanks for the help! Still think it's a bug that you cant switch during a fight, but I can work around it now :)

Slaver0

Feb 20, 2020
No, I make backup saves before selling slaves to prevent that sort of thing from happening. So I honestly don't know what could be the cause.
I can see three possible causes to the message you're getting ("harlot" thing)
1. Not enough charm or previous presentation with not enough charm
2. Slave is not a virgin (true virgin or restored virgin)
3. Slave fat is not "model" or "voluptuous" (I think underweight might work too)
Are you sure you are not in one of those three cases ? If so, can you share your save ?

Reactions: qwertyu12359

captainblazer1

Mar 17, 2020
Is there a development discord for this game and its mods? Seems like it would be a useful way to aggregate the community and distribute new content.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a development discord for this game and its mods? Seems like it would be a useful way to aggregate the community and distribute new content.
There used to be a Discord between Powerairmax, St. Jesuz, and me. But F95 is fine for now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes