Absurdity

Apr 2, 2021
Didn't expect to see this in the latest updates, thought it died a long time ago. What new content should I expect if I haven't played this in at least 5 years?

Reactions: Swedra

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Didn't expect to see this in the latest updates, thought it died a long time ago. What new content should I expect if I haven't played this in at least 5 years?
Lots!

1) the game has been entirely uncensored
2) new soundtrack, with some tracks that change according to circumstances like mood or status. The new soundtrack was made co-cojointly with the modder that did it back in the days so there is artistic continuity. And this time it's not mp3 rips but lossless sources that were then normalized based on video games standards.
3) balance changes, a lot of them. The most exciting one being that now slaves will not all obey the same lessons. If your slave is temperamental and full of energy, she'll be more likely to do sport or train combat than to sit for a couple of hour in a medicine lesson. If a slave is proud, she might be thinking that cleaning and cooking is beneath her, while other slaves might prefer that to more complex lessons.
4) New art, in very large quantity (and quality has risen too). 5 years ago, non-vanilla categories like footjob or golden shower were almost empty (with only one generic picture). Now there should be at least one picture per lesson for every type of slave
5) Bug fixes that were long overdue. Some being there since 1.21 (like when auto cooking the background couldn't be read and there would be a blue square with a "?" in the middle of the screen), all known ones are fixed.
6) Quality of life changes, some UI fixes, an additional hidden quest, better translation and fixed grammar in a lot of places, etc.

:)

Does anyone know where the first picture come from?or the artist?looks like Satoshi Urushihara's art style.
Yep, nice catch!

I fetched it on Gelbooru three years ago and uncensored it manually

Last edited:

Yanjin

Formerly 'yanjin'
Apr 14, 2021
Lots!

1) the game has been entirely uncensored
2) new soundtrack, with some tracks that change according to circumstances like mood or status. The new soundtrack was made co-cojointly with the modder that did it back in the days so there is artistic continuity. And this time it's not mp3 rips but lossless sources that were then normalized based on video games standards.
3) balance changes, a lot of them. The most exciting one being that now slaves will not all obey the same lessons. If your slave is temperamental and full of energy, she'll be more likely to do sport or train combat than to sit for a couple of hour in a medicine lesson. If a slave is proud, she might be thinking that cleaning and cooking is beneath her, while other slaves might prefer that to more complex lessons.
4) New art, in very large quantity (and quality has risen too). 5 years ago, non-vanilla categories like footjob or golden shower were almost empty (with only one generic picture). Now there should be at least one picture per lesson for every type of slave
5) Bug fixes that were long overdue. Some being there since 1.21 (like when auto cooking the background couldn't be read and there would be a blue square with a "?" in the middle of the screen), all known ones are fixed.
6) Quality of life changes, some UI fixes, an additional hidden quest, better translation and fixed grammar in a lot of places, etc.

:)

Yep, nice catch!

I fetched it on Gelbooru three years and uncensored it manually
Thank you!found it on gelbooru.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Asharakill

Sep 6, 2017
Is there a mod depository where some mods are listed ? i've been looking in the mod section but all i can find is guides.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a mod depository where some mods are listed ? i've been looking in the mod section but all i can find is guides.
Most of the mods in the wiki have been included in updates (and were actually the reasons for updating, like the Moo Mod, the cheat mod or Julia's mod).

Other mods I have either not heard of them, or they could not be put inside the game because they were modifying the gameplay or the lore in an immersion breaking way (which is precisely why some mods are for). For these kinds, they need to be maintained for each new version or they will be incompatible.

Short answer: no mod for this version so far but most of past cool mods are integrant part of the game. :)

Reactions: Asharakill

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
What has changed is that any semblance of fun has been removed in favour of making the gameplay more elitist and in-accessible - while telling anyone pointing this out to "gtfo and git gud" :D

Reactions: Gussifriz and Sole

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Will pregnancy and incest content be expanded on? Also i wish we could keep the slave after she gives birth
We all do ^^ There were plans by a modder to add this content but he stopped developping. We can only wait for people to want to contribute. Usually, people start to make mods, and we propose to help them in their effort for seemless integration.

this feels 20 yo
more like 100... nothing to see here tbh. :D
There is a saying that goes: "fear the old man in a profession in which people usually die young"

I think that can be said about old games. If an active game is 8 years old, in a field where games get easily forgotten... it might be that it has qualities that are absent from recent production.

Artistic integrity comes to mind for Jack-o-nine (y)

What has changed is that any semblance of fun has been removed in favour of making the gameplay more elitist and in-accessible - while telling anyone pointing this out to "gtfo and git gud" :D
We've made the game significantly less unforgiving than 2.2.2, closely following feedback from the community. The game should be more around the same level of difficulty of the references v1.21, v1.7.5 and v2.2.1.

With some little tweaks for newcommers here and there based on user suggestion, like rewritting some texts and emphasizing important terms with lore-adequate colors in the tutorial...

Still we do not want to compromise on the design philosophy of the original version, and the original version was challenging. :)

Nonetheless, there is still an easy mode and even cheats available for those that don't want to "git gud".

Last edited:

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
Is there a max on slaves from what I can see on the panel from the screenshots there seems to be? also is selling your slaves the only way to make money since I plan to go the buy-and-keep route? sorry, this is my first time seeing this, and am curious if there was a way to make money without selling.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a max on slaves from what I can see on the panel from the screenshots there seems to be? also is selling your slaves the only way to make money since I plan to go the buy-and-keep route? sorry, this is my first time seeing this, and am curious if there was a way to make money without selling.
There are around 600 slaves in total, so that's the "max" you can obtain without duplicates.

There is also a "max" stat on slaves, S+ rating.

And finally there is a max of slaves you can train at once. Usually there is one slave, and one assistant. But you can also have a slave in your barn, in your dungeon, and in your cryo cell.

Selling your slaves is the best way to make profit. But there are other sources of income, still related to training slaves. For exemple, charriot races or gladiatrix fights (y)

In the future, I would like for slaves to bring income with selling art, playing concerts, or prostitution... But this seems in contradiction with the original design, so we still have to think of a cohesive blueprint :)

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
Amazing a New Update! I am always Hype af when i see Jack O' getting some fresh Paint. Changelog reads really nice!

If you expect another Part of my Guide...there is none - yet. Today i wanted to share a small List of the Alchemy Potions and the necessary Ingedients you need to brew them. I made this a long Time ago for my personal Use because it was annoying to always go to the Alchemy shop if you forgot the recipes. Came in really Handy a lot of the Times for me i thought i might as well share it here real quick. Have Fun!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just copy in a Textprogram of your choice, maybe it can help you streamlining Alchemy a bit better. Next Part of the Guide comes tomorrow.

BTW: Are Savegames compatible with the New Update?

• Yay, new update!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Amazing a New Update! I am always Hype af when i see Jack O' getting some fresh Paint. Changelog reads really nice!

If you expect another Part of my Guide...there is none - yet. Today i wanted to share a small List of the Alchemy Potions and the necessary Ingedients you need to brew them. I made this a long Time ago for my personal Use because it was annoying to always go to the Alchemy shop if you forgot the recipes. Came in really Handy a lot of the Times for me i thought i might as well share it here real quick. Have Fun!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just copy in a Textprogram of your choice, maybe it can help you streamlining Alchemy a bit better. Next Part of the Guide comes tomorrow.

BTW: Are Savegames compatible with the New Update?
Don't hesitate to bring all these informations on the game's wiki. There is a "section" which you can update with links to your posts, and in general the wiki is outdated and yet neetly organised so it'd be good to have the userbase be as active there as in Hongfire times :)

And yes, savegames should be compatible in theory. Unexpected things could happen if the save was done at a weird moments, but nothing gamebreaking in theory. Be sure to untick "ignore last version check" in the game's window.

Reactions: krustus

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
Don't hesitate to bring all these informations on the game's wiki. There is a "section" which you can update with links to your posts, and in general the wiki is outdated and yet neetly organised so it'd be good to have the userbase be as active there as in Hongfire times :)

And yes, savegames should be compatible in theory. Unexpected things could happen if the save was done at a weird moments, but nothing gamebreaking in theory. Be sure to untick "ignore last version check" in the game's window.
Amazing, i wanted to ask if i can use the Wiki anyway after i made a bit more progress so this is amazing! Then i will do that regularly starting with the Next Part :). I am no Programmer or Modder but i want to help with this Game as much as i can and besides maybe writing a few rough drafts of possible new Scenarios or share some Ideas all i can really do is helping with gathering Information and writing Guides. So getting to use the Wiki is amazing!

And thanks for your answer, that is encouraging to hear. I don't wan't to start new :D

ZombieLiveGame

Oct 26, 2020
Using translator. The people in very old versions had the opportunity to make cheats where opposite each value there were + - and through them it was possible to change themselves and the slaves, and it was also possible for the slaves to delete and add properties, is it possible to do this somehow?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Using translator. The people in very old versions had the opportunity to make cheats where opposite each value there were + - and through them it was possible to change themselves and the slaves, and it was also possible for the slaves to delete and add properties, is it possible to do this somehow?
It's available.

Custom start > Easy difficulty

Then the cheats appear in the options (y)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes