PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
It should not require more obedience than coprophagia, unless she is arachnophobic.

Devotion participates to obedience, but is not a sufficient condition. There is taming for example.

In your case, a little lack of mood might play a role, as she accepts to do it but doesn't seem too motivated.
1700785723945.png

1700785743608.png 1700785784639.png

Still getting a fail state for spider mating even with maxed out mood. It seems like this is coded to deliberately happen no matter her obedience status.

1700786131017.png

If we follow what imperatoraugustus said in this quote, it almost seem like youre supposed to just keep trying and failing. But each fail state comes with a guilty marker, which I think is a bit unfair since no other mechanic works the same way as this one. She'll take on an eldritch horror, eat shit and drink piss. But letting a spider fuck her is somehow another spectrum entirely.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
If we follow what imperatoraugustus said in this quote, it almost seem like youre supposed to just keep trying and failing. But each fail state comes with a guilty marker, which I think is a bit unfair since no other mechanic works the same way as this one. She'll take on an eldritch horror, eat shit and drink piss. But letting a spider fuck her is somehow another spectrum entirely.
It's not actually a failure unless she refuses. Progress occurs. Repeat several times and she'll rank up. And yes, considering how the lesson texts are written (and I agree), spider mating is on another level. Go search for images of ovipositors and giant spiders. Then picture yourself in a room with one trying to stick one of those into you.

Moreover, fear of spiders (even if not to the extent of an explicit "arachnophobia" trait) is common because since the origin of the species, hominids who didn't have an aversion to venomous insects were more likely to die before having children.

Last edited:

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
It's not actually a failure unless she refuses. Progress occurs. Repeat several times and she'll rank up. And yes, considering how the lesson texts are written (and I agree), spider mating is on another level. Go search for images of ovipositors and giant spiders. Then picture yourself in a room with one trying to stick one of those into you.

Moreover, fear of spiders (even if not to the extent of an explicit "arachnophobia" trait) is common because since the origin of the species, hominids who didn't have an aversion to venomous insects were more likely to die before having children.
So I persisted with the training and she's now fucking the spider (B+). From my own experience, it might be faster if you use domini dictum early on, but I cant confirm it.

One other inquiry. I have a dark juvenile fiend (C-) and my fiend milking skill has been C- for quite a long time despite repeated training. Does the skill only level up if shes milking a similarly leveled fiend? (so in order to get the slave's milking skill level to B+ I need to wait until the fiend becomes a tentacled beast?)

Ingvar77

May 1, 2021
So I persisted with the training and she's now fucking the spider (B+). From my own experience, it might be faster if you use domini dictum early on, but I cant confirm it.

One other inquiry. I have a dark juvenile fiend (C-) and my fiend milking skill has been C- for quite a long time despite repeated training. Does the skill only level up if shes milking a similarly leveled fiend? (so in order to get the slave's milking skill level to B+ I need to wait until the fiend becomes a tentacled beast?)
Yes. And to train that skill to S+ you need a short-lived leviathan.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Domini Dictum guarantees her engaging in this interaction, not increasing her diligence.

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Cant decrease fear no matter what im trying its only increasing spoil any help? View attachment 3114998
Fear decreases by itself in time. But your slave's biggest problem here is actually the spoiling. Just remember that there's a limit to how much rewards you can give, and certainly its better to give less than more.

From the wiki;

Decreased by:
  • Not punishing while guilty
  • Reward: Garden of Gethsmane
  • Reward: Spend time Together
  • Reward: Erotic Reward

But really, as long as you can keep her happy, you can pretty much forget about fear. A bit weird that its so abnormally high for this slave.

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
girl "does not have inner fire", i don't understand what Pope means by this, what traits she must have (or don't have)?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
girl "does not have inner fire", i don't understand what Pope means by this, what traits she must have (or don't have)?
She lacks charm.

More informative refusal quotes are planned to be implemented for next version.

Little behind the scenes

We are reviewing the refusal messages from clients so they are less confusing.

The generic quotes are finished, and we now delve into the specific NPCs messages for "charm check fails" (this was always as confusing as it gets). The idea now is to have the word "charm" in every one of them. At least, the players will finally figure out what needs to be increased.

So, the first NPC of the list is Jarik (pronounced "Yarik" by the way):

"Uhhmm… it’s ok, but something not alright, you know. You do not think if there dung around, we still need well-maintained cattle. For customers though."

Too bad it doesn't make any sense :HideThePain:. How am I supposed to seamlessly add "she needs more charm" when I barely understand what is meant? Then against, it's a literal bull and he doesn't look too bright, so maybe it's on purpose that it's filled with grammatical errors and I have to adapt to the style...

I am lucky enough to know a professional translator that speaks Russian and is willing to help. I pick up the original Russian texts from v1.21 and here it is:

"Нуууу... вроде конечно ничо, но какая-то она некузявенькая. Вы не смотрите что тут навоз кругом, нам животинки то всё равно ухоженные нужны. Для клиентов же."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So here is the updated translation:

"Uhhmm… She seems alright, but something is off. She lacks a little bit of charm, ya know? Don’t pay attention to the dung around, we still need the livestock to shine. For the customer."

It's a lot more understandable in general, and will better guide the player (even if he has to ask here: "how do I increase charm?"; at least it won't be: "why doesn't he accept her? Look at my slave, she has perfect stats!").

So there are about 20 NPCs with non-generic quotes and we've done a few of them already. It seems the original translation is perfectible for every one of them so the intent is to go through the same process of retranslation when needed, in order to be closer to the original. (y)

Reactions: Daedrax

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
he does not like his clothes, i bought every clothes for men, does not matter which clothes i choose "my clothes will not do", he is acting as spoiled prince, not as slaver, his mood is bad because of it

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
he does not like his clothes, i bought every clothes for men, does not matter which clothes i choose "my clothes will not do", he is acting as spoiled prince, not as slaver, his mood is bad because of it
If you slaver has bad mood, the clothes can only be partly at fault (it should be -1 mood--like every negative diary entry--out of ten points).

If he doesn't like them because they are uncomfortable, put something more comfortable (and maybe wait a day?). The diary entry should then dissapear.

If not, some screenshots or a savefile would be nice.

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
If you slaver has bad mood, the clothes can only be partly at fault (it should be -1 mood--like every negative diary entry--out of ten points).

If he doesn't like them because they are uncomfortable, put something more comfortable (and maybe wait a day?). The diary entry should then dissapear.

If not, some screenshots or a savefile would be nice.
you speak true, i looked at other stats, he had "blazing" hardon, that's why he was in bad mood:lol

Reactions: qwertyu12359

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Cant decrease fear no matter what im trying its only increasing spoil any help? View attachment 3114998
Fear decreases by itself in time.

But really, as long as you can keep her happy, you can pretty much forget about fear. A bit weird that its so abnormally high for this slave.
hmm, I believe fear only naturally goes down over time if you don't have it maxed out at 5, and you'll never gain devotion if it is at 5. So it will take some serious work to lower fear down. 5 fear is almost a soft fail state, not nearly as bad as mind broken, or despair, but certainly bad, in a 'I could never possibly love the thing that terrifies me' sort of way.

It is designed that way so that you can easily print out D+ slaves using fear, but if you over do it, you'll be prevented from getting the devotion required for higher ratings.

Last edited:

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
Checked the code and find the game has amusingly realistic pregnancy day count :oops:

But the consequences! Ewww...

If I want to start making a mod, where do I start with?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Checked the code and find the game has amusingly realistic pregnancy day count :oops:

But the consequences! Ewww...

If I want to start making a mod, where do I start with?
I linked a "modding guide" thread in the first post, that should be a starting point (y)

Ps: the simple explanation is execute qgen in your game files, open jack.qsp with it. Then figure out what line does what you want to change, and rewrite it accordingly.

Reactions: alan0511

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
I linked a "modding guide" thread in the first post, that should be a starting point (y)

Ps: the simple explanation is execute qgen in your game files, open jack.qsp with it. Then figure out what line does what you want to change, and rewrite it accordingly.
Oh, I'm asking about version merging of community contributions. Do I use merge requests on gitgud or are there other methods?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes